15 – There Is A Line. You Crossed It.
1.2k 7 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
We're about to get a bit more serious now. It get's a little less fun from here on out. Be warned.

 

After Robbing inn two, Otto and I move on to other locations. It was finally dark out, so we could do some real sneaky shit.

The next place we went to wasn't an inn like the other two. It appeared to be a general store from the wooden sign on the door.The inns just happened to be near each other, I guess. None of the other places were that close, except for the one we were visiting now. Really, could it kill one of you guys to have a fancier door? I've looked around the other places, and they seem to have storefronts, so why am I going to all these shady looking places?

Oh. Right. Because they're shady. 

Wait, is the adventurer's guild shady? They might be, who the fuck knows.

So, when it came to this place, I decided to do some experiments. Magic experiments. I may become a mad scientist at this rate. It's way too much fun to combine magics on the fly and attack people with them. Opening up that lucky draw might make this a bit more fun. Not that fighting unsuspecting people isn't fun enough.

Yeah, I know I'm crazy. I've been over this. Why am I still surprised at these thoughts?

Anyways, I had another thought after I used the poison magic variations. I was wondering if other attributes could fuse as well.  

I'm not sure if it will work as well as poison magic, but I'm expecting some interesting shit to happen.

Maybe.

Eh, we'll see what happens. 

What could go wrong?

* * *

I decided to enter the hideout in a stealthy way, by sneaking into the building from a back alley. I used concealment to enter a window. 

After seeing two guys sitting around, laughing and smoking, doing not much of anything, I decided to punish them for their negligence of duty. Do your fucking job. For you see, it was time for science. How do we science?

With magic, of course.

First up on the list, I wanted to do some electric magic experiments. I started off with some light and lightning fusion. I just fused the magic, snuck up behind them, and gave em a good zap.

Experiment no. 1. Results: Failure. Kind of.

Honestly, I couldn't see a difference between the light magic lightning and the normal lightning. Maybe there were some things that I didn't notice. Maybe. We'll see. 

I knocked them out and gave them the gift of darkness poison, that one that blinds them. If you couldn't see me before, you ain't gonna find me now!

After I stripped them down and took their shit, I came to a realization. I didn't need ropes to tie people up. I could just use their clothes! I knew there was a good reason to strip them down! It was so I could tie them up, but I just forgot about it!

I need some way to explain it without being seen as a pervert. Luckily, it's only been with guys, so girls won't think of me as the scum of the Earth. 

Wait, this isn't Earth.

What the fuck was this planet called again? Amber? I don't remember. 

Oh, I remember now. I never cared to begin with.

After I dumped those lazy bums in a corner, I moved on to greener pastures. By greener pastures, I mean I went to go beat up some more worthless trash bags. Okay, I admit that was a little rude. But these assholes are the worst guards I've seen in the world. What the hell were they doing, just sitting around and smoking? Wait... Were they smoking that drug? Clover Leaf?

Wow, the one thing I remember the name of, and it's a drug.

I feel like I'm really getting a picture into my own mind here.

Scarface always taught me to never get high on your own supply. Well, the movie did at least. Scarface got pretty high on his supply if I remember properly. Then he died. Lesson learned. I taught that lesson to the guards, so they better remember properly. If not...

Say hello to my...

Damn, if I actually had a good way to convert to this situation, that could have been hilarious.

When I found some more people, they were actually looking through what I really came here for. Money.

Wait, no, I came here for justice! JUSTICE! Path of the hero, Simon, path of the hero. Don't forget your mission!

This is for the sake of saving the world!

...

Yeah, nah. 

Might as well embrace the evil.

I snuck up behind them, and launched what was experiment no. 2 at them. I took a ball of water and charged it with electric magic and launched it at them. Unfortunately, it just hit them and didn't electrocute them. They were stunned for a moment, so I took the time to hit them with some paralysis poison, before the stripping and stealing.

Experiment no. 2. Results: Failure. 

From what I can tell, I can only send electricity through objects, rather than the air. I need either direct contact, or a connection to the target through something conductive. Once I let go of the water ball, the charge must have disappeared, making it worthless.

A shame. A crying shame.

But, while they were out, I had a thought for experiment no. 3. 

What if I stayed in contact with the water?

I climbed up to the second story of the shop, and found somebody doing some paperwork. It seemed like the right place to rob. 

I decided to form the water into a cord instead of a ball. I tossed one end of the cord towards the guy at his desk, and electrified the cord.

Experiment no. 3. Results: Success.

I created a ranged method of electrifying assholes. It was perfect. Now I can hit assholes with a stun from far away.

I walked in after I stunned the guy and knocked him out. After more stealing and stripping, I found a safe in the room. 

I just didn't have the combo.

Oh well.

I shoved the safe in my item storage. Man, that thing has been leveling up fast tonight. I guess using skills and magic a lot has its perks. 

After checking out the second story, I looked for more stuff to rob before finding a hidden basement.

It was about this point where the bad stuff began. I learned something pretty terrible in that basement.

Silver Lead wasn't just interested in drugs.

Drugs wasn't even close to the worst of it.

These guys...

I'm done sparing these assholes.

I may be a psychotic kleptomaniac, but I have a line I won't cross.

They crossed that fucking line.

In the basement, I found a lot of chains and shackles. And a few girls restrained with them.

I found another guy down there. He was enjoying himself. He was holding up one of them and beating the shit out her while the others were forced to watch. He was punching them over, and over, and over, and over, and over.He spouted out verbal abuse like a machine. Even though the girl wasn't moving or resisting, even though her face was bruised and bleeding, even though she couldn't even open her eyes, even though there was all of this.

He kept fucking going. 

I had never felt more disgusted with a human being in my entire life.

I just walked over, without any concealment. I wanted to see his face as I beat the shit out of it.

I was done with jokes for the day.

When he heard me walking over, he called out to me. "Fucking-- I said you could get your turn when I'm done! Just wait ten more minutes."

I kept walking up. 

"Oi, I said--" He began talking as he looked behind himself, only to see me.

My fist curled up and went flying towards him. I punched him in the face faster than he could react. He let go of the girl, getting launched to the far side of the room. Being a cheat is really satisfying right now.

I don't think I've punched anyone that hard before.

He was still alive, groaning on the floor. I'm not surprised. This is fantasy, there's bound to be people that can live through that.

Whatever. It was time to try experiment no. 4. 

I hoped it would be fucking painful.

I walked over to where he was laying on the floor as he spat out blood.

"Who the hell are you--"

I grabbed his skull. 

Experiment no. 4. Results: Success.

I merged the lightning with darkness.

Black energy surged from my hand into his head. What was going to happen then, I didn't care. 

This fucker was going to deserve it.

He started screaming, and grasping at my hand. I didn't let go, even as he tried to pry my fingers away, slowly growing weaker. His skin was turning black as I kept going.

I felt my hand burning from the energy as well, but I lost myself in the rush of emotions. I didn't care.

His head was covered in disgusting burns as his hands fell limp to his sides.

Even though I killed him. Even though it was painful for him. Even though he cried in agony...

I didn't feel much.

Not even a sense of satisfaction.

I just felt empty.

I looked at my hand to find the same black burns across it as the ones on the corpse. I could feel the pain.

At the time, I still didn't care.

I turned around and saw three girls who were left untouched. They were wearing rags that had tears all over them. They were looking at me with fear and apprehension in their eyes.

That was fine. I deserved it. 

I searched the man's pockets for a little bit until I found a key ring. I tossed it in front of the three as they watched me warily.

"Make sure to take your friend with you." Was all I said as I left.

Before I left, I went through the store again and killed every last one of those bastards.

I decided that sparing them was not something I wanted to do.

I was going to destroy every last one of these bastards.

Experiment no. 5. Results: Success.

I used electric magic and had it pulse through my arm to speed up my fist. One head was smashed.

Experiment no. 6. Results: Success. 

Water magic was controlled to flow into someone's mouth. They choked and tried to cough, but I wouldn't let the water leave. They drowned on dry land.

Experiment no. 7. Results: Success. 

The dark lightning traveled down my blade and into a man's eye.

Experiment no. 8. Results: Failure. 

Dark and light magic did not mix into anything, but instead would cancel each other out, leaving a raw form of magic.

Experiment no. 9. Results: Success.

I decided to try generating raw mana instead of with an attribute and it was successful. I created a spike of mana that I used to impale someone else. Raw mana could take physical or ethereal form, but it had no weight.

Experiment no. 10. Results: Success.

I fused the raw mana with the electricity to create a path to guide the energy down. I shot lightning from my hands and the final man moved no more.

I was done.

...

I was laughing before I realized it.

I started kicking a wall.

I was angry with myself.

I was so naive. I thought it was just drugs. I had the thought in my head, "Oh, it's just fantasy marijuana." and moved on. Even when I started robbing these places I kept myself disconnected emotionally.

I'm an idiot.

I live here now.

This isn't a fantasy novel where everything is just going to be what I hear. This is a reality. This is real. 

Did I ever look at famous drug cartels and think that they only did bad stuff with drugs? No. They used guns, fought with each other, and did lot's of illegal shit. Why the hell would I think this was only drugs?

Ha.

Haha.

I need to act like this world matters.

I kept hitting the wall.

Even as I felt it break under the strength of my kick, I kept kicking until there was a hole that my foot fit through.

I was so frustrated.

I finally stopped after I had calmed down enough.

There was still more to do.

I checked my status.

Name: Simon Harmes Vitality 208 Mana Capacity 266
Race: Human Strength 208 Intellect 226
Age: 16 Agility 217 Wisdom 226
Level: 28 Constitution 208 Perception 245
Titles: Affinities:
Blessed By God (L) Water
Hated By An Archangel (U) Light
Automaton's Friend (R) Darkness
Enemy of Silver Leaf (S) Poison
  Lightning
  Space-Time

 

Skills: Level:
The Chaos of a Joker (U) NA
Language Comprehension (R)  NA
Concealment (S)  9
Dagger Wielding (S) 6
Electricity Resistance (S) 2
Dissection (S) 1
Stealing (S) 1
Cooking (C) 8
Poison Resistance (C) 5
Short Sword Technique (C) 4
Dashing (C) 2
Dual Wielding (C) 2
Magic: Level:
Instant Cast (U)  NA
Item Storage (R)  8
Poison Magic (R) 5
Attribute Fusion (R) 3
Lightning Magic (S) 4
Non-Attributed Magic (S) 3
Water Magic (S) 2
Shadow Magic (C) 8
Shine Magic (C) 6
Mana Sense (C) 4
Appraisal (C) 3
   

 

Ha.

I wonder if stripping people counts as dismantling. If it does, it explains why it evolved into dissection. 

Improvement.

I hadn't finished with the list yet.

It was going to be a long night.

31