5 – That Was A Mistake.
1.8k 6 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fuck, I was overconfident. I awoke later to a similar feeling to what I had felt when the boar showed up. Except this time, I had bit off more than I could chew. Why, you ask?

'Fuck. That's a wolf. THAT'S A WOLF. I didn't know wolves could get that big!'

There was a two meter tall gray colored wolf walking towards my abandoned campsite. I'm so glad I moved to the tree. How the hell do I kill that thing? I sure as hell don't know! I haven't seen any fucking wolves in this entire forest so far, and the first wolf I come across just happens to be the largest wolf I've ever seen. WHAT A FUCKING COINCIDENCE. I'M SO GLAD WOLVES COME IN THAT SIZE. I WAS EXPECTING A BEGINNER FOREST, GOD, NOT THIS SHIT!

I was trying as hard as I could to keep my breath down as I lay in the tree. Will it smell me too? If it sees me, what will it do? I'm too young to die! I already died though. 

The wolf slowly walked up to the boar and began sniffing the corpse. Then he bit down right on its face. Is this like with gingerbread cookies, where some people always bite the head off first? That doesn't matter, he's taking my bacon! 

Alright, calm down me. I need to stay calm. I could wait here and hope the overgrown mutt leaves, or I could try for the good old fashioned "Strategic Retreat." Tough choices. But, there is another option.

"HEY ASSHOLE, THIS IS MY MEAT! FUCK OFF!"

That's right, this is my shit. I can't let any other guy touch my hard earned bacon. I don't care what anyone else would say, but I'm putting my foot down.

Plus, those angels did dump me in the middle of this forest. Maybe it is a beginner's forest, and I can think of this guy as just a slightly higher ranked enemy. If so, I shouldn't let myself get intimidated by such a small fry. Bet he's secretly a weakling. Yeah. Hopefully. I'm an idiot.

The wolf dropped the boar, turned, and looked up at me in shock. I guess he didn't know I was there. You have a great nose, dumbass, learn to use it. 

I took out my knife and sword, and jumped down from the tree. Time to try dual wielding. This is gonna be great. 

The wolf began to growl at me, baring its teeth. Its teeth were covered in the blood of the boar. I decided to growl and bare my teeth back at him. I'm not gonna be intimidated by some small fry like him. 

The wolf jumped at me. I crouched down, and stuck out my sword. I was hoping that the wolf was going to jump directly over me. Luckily enough, I predicted things correctly. My blade ran across its chest to its stomach, leaving a huge gash. His gray fur now had red. 

I turned around quickly, and I saw the wolf stand unsteadily. Looks like it can't deal with the pain well. It turned around to face me again, and this time it ran at me. 

I quickly dodged as it got closer, and stabbed it with my dagger. I got lucky, and it got in the wolf's eye. The wolf jumped away from me. However, I wasn't done yet.

I ran after the wolf, and I swung my sword at it. It lodged right into its neck, but the bastard is still holding onto its life pretty well. It looks like my raised stats really did make this thing a small fry. Who knew?

I was thinking it was over with that, but then the wolf swiped out with its paw, and even though I tried to lean back, I got a gash on my arm. Shit, that hurts. Doesn't matter though, cause that was it for Mr. wolf. 

I waited for a minute to make sure he was really dead. Once I was sure, I walked up, and pulled out my sword from its neck. Cue the Final Fantasy victory theme. I breathed out a sigh in relief. That was so stupid of me. What the hell was I thinking? If it really was a small fry like the rest, I wouldn't have gotten the gash on my arm. I need to be more careful. Well, it worked out, minus the gash, so I probably don't need to worry. I guess I'm stronger than I thought. 

But seriously, if it's that easy for someone like me to kill a wolf like this, even though I've only been here a day, I'm scared out of my mind at what the average strength of the humans of this world are at. They're going to be scary as hell, I can tell you that much. 

Actually, wasn't that a bit too close? I managed to dodge him each time, but wasn't he actually really strong? I should stop looking down on Mr. wolf over here. 

I collapsed on the ground. I guess that was more tiring than I thought. Or, not really tiring, but really stressful. Seriously, if I want to stand a chance in this world, I should farm the weaker monsters for EXP or raise skill levels. 

I shakily stood up. Funny. I predicted something like a hard fought battle occurring, and me concluding I need to get stronger was going to happen, but to have it happen only a couple hours after the prediction... I'm not sure if I'm smart or stupid, really. Probably stupid. Haha.

I walked up to the wolf, and took my knife out of its eye. Good, it still seems to be okay. Minus the blood coating it.

I shoved the wolf into my item box. It fit, somehow. Does this thing have infinite storage? Personally, I have high hopes, but probably not.

I've also been thinking a lot about magic. How do I do that? I know that I can cast spells in this world, but I don't know how. If I knew how to cast spells, I would be able to fight from a distance with that too. I need a wider range of abilities, so that I can meet any situation. That's my conclusion. 

I looked over and saw the corpse of the boar. That thing was bitten up a bit, so I wasn't sure if I should take it. Maybe I'll just leave it. Goodbye, my dreams of bacon.

I set off to find a better place to rest for the night. After walking a ways, I climbed up into another tree, and settled down.

My status after the battle. 

Name: Simon Harmes Vitality 85 Mana Capacity 123
Race: Human Strength 85 Intellect 97
Age: 16 Agility 91 Wisdom 97
Level: 11 Constitution 85 Perception 109
Titles: Affinities:
Blessed By God (L) Water
Hated By An Archangel (U) Light
  Darkness
  Poison
  Lightning
  Space-Time

 

Skills: Level:
The Chaos of a Joker (U) NA
Instant Cast (U)  NA
Language Comprehension (R)  NA
Item Box (S)  6
Stealth (C)  6
Dagger Technique (C) 3
Short Sword Technique 1
Dual Wielding (C) 1
Cooking (C) 1
Dismantling (C) 1
Poison Resistance (C) 1

 

38