Outer Tournament ( Final Part )
119 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As soon as Huang Lei signaled the start of the match, Zhao Shu leaped at Jian and hit him with an uppercut, followed closely by a knee strike to the stomach. He frowned when he saw that Jian wasn't really affected by his blows.

' So as I though he does have a powerful body. It should have something to do with his Soul Heritage, since his body doesn't look so strong. I wonder....Who is this guy. He shows way too much promise to be a worthless peasant.' Thought Zhao Shu while he continued to ruthlessly attack Jian. 

The boy on the other hand was letting his adversary exhaust himself. Yet he knew that Zhao Shu was too powerful for his usual strategy to really work. If he used his full strengh, Jian would be blown away. 

Fortunately, Jian had a trump card. And he used it after ten minutes. 

Just as Zhao Shu was about to deliver a huge punch to his face, Jian crouched and reached into his robe.

" That.....That's the Qi Refinement Pill ! Isn't that cheating ?!" Yelled a disciple. Zhao Shu saw the pill and retreated. If Jian ate it, he would breakthrough the third step and temporarily have a power boost. 

' If he were to eat it, he would be able to contend with me for a few minutes. If I were to try to take away the pill, I would be defenseless for a few seconds. I can't really afford to be so reckless. I can't use my Unique Technique because of what Father said, so my only trump card is my martial spirit....If I could my true power I would squash him under my boot easily.' Thought Zhao Shu.

As they heard the disciple's words, both Wei Fang and Lu'er shook their heads. 

' This can't be considered cheating. In some important tournaments the use of pills would be banned, however this is just an Outer Tournament. The disciples need to use everything they can to win. That and this pill isn't powerful enough to ensure Jian's victory. ' Thought Lu'er. 

' I am curious as to why Jian seems to think that the pill will help him win. Zhao Shu still has his Martial Spirit and his Unique Technique....Or maybe.....His Soul Heritage !' Thought Wei Fang as his eyes narrowed. He was once again trying to detecting Jian's Soul Heritage, but it failed once again, making him frown. 

Under Zhao Shu's cautious eyes, Jian placed the pill in his mouth and his eyes widened instantly. A thin and almost invisible blue aura envelopped his body, while his wounds healed. Zhao Shu smirked cruelly, and rushed at Jian. 

Huang Lei and Jin Wang smiled, seeing how Zhao Shu was ready to use low blows to win. Contrarily to most disciples he didn't think that only honorless scums did that. In their eyes, using low blows just proved that you were determined to win at all prices. Zhao Shu needed to win another fight after this one to be number one. He couldn't afford to be wounded. 

However as Zhao Shu delivered a destructive kick to Jian, Jin Wang's smile slowly disappeared.

' Being ruthless is quite good....But Jian is someone I have high hopes for, I don't really want to see him be fatally wounded. 'Thought Jin Wang. The temperature around him dropped significantly, as three jades appeared on his neck. Tian Zhou who was seated besides him gulped and moved away from his Boss. On the arena Huang Lei glanced at Jin Wang, and shook his head. The man was too ambitious if he thought he could steal his new younger brother. 

Whilst the inner disciples were lost in their world, Jian recovered from the blow and headbutted Zhao Shu. He then crouched and put all his strengh in his legs before shooting towards Zhao Shu. 

Zhao Shu put his arms up in a defense position, however Jian got behind him and kneed him in the back, eliciting a small grunt of pain from the genius. It continued like this for atleast five minutes. Jian would move as quick as possible and hit Zhao Shu in the areas he couldn't protect. But in the end Zhao Shu was just slightly bruised. 

' Do I really have to use 'this' to win ?' Thought Jian, reaching into the inventory. Unfortunately he didn't have the time as a sizzling pain appeared on his legs. He jumped as high as he could and saw that the ground where he had feet on before was now covered in some sort of purple lava. 

' What the hell is this...Don't tell me...' Jian looked at Zhao Shu and indeed, it was exactly what he thought.

" It's the Purple Hell Butterfly !" Exclaimed Peng Fu. The man was quite passionate when it came to mutant-type beast, so he could instantly recognize this one. 

" Known to be able to use the Hellish Purple Lava only found in the deepest levels of Hell....The Purple Hell Butterfly. Even if this one is only an infant, it is already quite strong. " Said Wei Fang. He was already forming a plan in his head to take Zhao Shu as his disciple. Jin Wang on the other hand glared at Huang Lei with as much hatred as he could muster. 

' This little rat.....He already stole the two most promising outer disciples from me. And that Li Kuo was also stolen by that wench ! It's a chance I can have Zhao Shu's cousin. ' Thought Jin Wang, a brilliant green aura glowing around him as the disciples who were the closest to him scooted away. 

' Hmm....The Outer Tournament is indeed a place where the future balance between the inner discciples is decided. It reminds me of that Palace Guardian Tournament I used to participate in when I was younger. Ah....I really miss this political games.' Thought Wei Fang. 

" Now that I have brought my Martial Spirit out, do you have any confidence left....Jian !" Yelled Zhao Shu, trying to deter Jian's fighting spirit, which made the inner disciples smile. Though they also smiled at Jian's stubborness when he ignored Zhao Shu's words and leaped at the man. 

Since Zhao Shu had brought his Martial Spirit out, Jian had little to no chances to win....Except if he used the only thing he wanted to keep hidden. However he was still gonna try to exhaust Zhao Shu.

A Martial Spirit required the help of it's master to use it's full power, which would exhaust the Master faster than if he fought on his own. As such, as long as Jian could dodge the attacks from the Purple Hell Butterfly, Zhao Shu would found himself in a difficult situation quickly. 

Unfortunately Jian really understimated the power of the Purple Hell Butterfly. It's ability wasn't just to spawn some Hellish Purple Lava, it could use it however it wanted. It was still young so it couldn't do much with it, but it was still able to make the lava follow Jian.

The purple lava seemed to have a mind of it's own as it followed Jian around, leaving him no chance to actually attack Zhao Shu. 

Since he had no other options, Jian once again reached into his inventory and pulled out....The Red Sky Sword !

' What is this broken sword ?!' Thought Zhao Shu, stunned by the broken stone sword that radiated a mysterious power. 

" Bwahahah! Jian brought out a broken STONE sword ! As if it's gonna make a difference." Said a disciple, and everyone around him nodded to his words. 

Even Wei Fang looked a bit disappointed. However when the Red Sky Sword released a burst of some mysterious Qi, his face tightened. No one in the arena was aware that this burst of Qi caught the interest of a special creature.

*************

( A few kilometers away, in one of the deepest cave of the mountain )

In the shadows of this deep cave, a low hissing sound was heard. The cave suddenly started to tremble, rocks fell from the walls of the cave while several small snakes fled as fast as they could. The hissing intensified as two gigantic blue orbs glowed in the shadows.

" Unhoooooly Qiiiii.....How interesssssting !" Said an inhumane voice. Then, suddenly, a huge shadow moved at impossible speed towards the entrance of the cave, effectively destroying said cave due to how huge the shadow was. 

**************

( At the same moment, at the Arena )

The stone sword in Jian's hand glowed in an unholy light under the sun, while the Purple Hell Butterfly started to move around frantically, as if it was terrified. Seeing this, a greedy look appeared on Zhao Shu's face when he looked at the blade. 

" It's an interesting blade you have there, Jian....Very interesting." Said Zhao Shu. Jian frowned and ppinted the sword at him , while the Hellish Purple Lava in front of him completely disappeared.

" This blade is not for you to marvel at....It's for beating you up !" Yelled Jian. Zhao Shu laughed and launched the Purple Hell Butterfly at him. Jian jumped towards the butterfly, his hand over his hand, and he slashed towards it in a vertical motion. The hell butterfly was sliced in two but quickly regenerated, however Jian was already in front of Zhao Shu. The genius looked as Jian crouched, blade in hand, ready to slice him from bottom to the top. 

However a cruel glint appeared in Zhao Shu's eyes. As Jian tried to stab him, Zhao Shu actually....

" HE CAUGHT THE SWORD !" Yelled a shocked disciple.

Indeed, with hot blood flowing from his hand and hitting the floor, a slightly pained expression on his face. Zhao Shu looked down at Jian, eyes wide open as the Purple Hell Butterfly. 

" You were good Jian, very impressive for someone of the same age who has less talent than me. You are actually worthy of being my rival...For now at least. Let's hope you don't die from this attack. " Said Zhao Shu as the Purple Hell Butterfly threw all the lava in Jian's direction.

' Is he mad ?! It will kill both us...Wait....THAT MOTHERFUCKER !!!'Jian was horrified as he remembered what a disciple had told him when they were discussing about Martial Spirits.

' You know I heard that Cultivators with Martial Spirits can't be hurt by those same Martial Spirits. Isn't that so cool ?!' Had said the disciple.

Jian tried to free himself but couldn't and in the worst possible moment, his forces abandoned him and his eyes closed. 

Zhao Shu hadn't noticed but a certain person had. Just as the lava was about to burn Jian alive, a shout was heard.

" Three Jades Formation: Blue Jade Palm !" Yelled Jin Wang as he appeared on the stage. All the disciples' eyes widened, for it was the first time they saw Jin Wang in action. Even the inner disciples  were wide eyes. 

With only the force of this palm, Zhao Shu was sent flying away, the Purple Hell Butterfly disappearing, as did all the lava. Huang Lei helped Zhao Shu, since the palm had bruised him while Jin Wang had Jian in his arms. Both Huang Lei and Jin Wang glared at each other, but they shook their heads and went on their ways. 

Huang Lei healed Zhao Shu a bit, but not too much since he still had to fight, and Jin Wang brought Jian to his home. Wei Fang on the other hand looked quite pensive. Lu'er herself had a complicated expression on her face.

" Are you surprised as me, Lu'er ?" Asked the old man.

" Those two disciples were quite impressive for recruits...I am indeed surprised....Father."

Are my fight scenes good or bad ? ( Explain why in the comments, so that I can at least know)
  • Good Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Bad Votes: 2 50.0%
Total voters: 4
3