Chapter 14 Gathering knowledge
2.7k 2 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 14 Gathering knowledge

 

Afzol walked out and moved at a fast pace to get away from the commotion as fast as possible as he knew the longer that he stayed the bigger the chance of problems arising especially if the city soldiers came before he left, furthermore if too many people saw his face there will be a bigger chance of him been snitched on.

 

Most people had only seen the guy Afzol punched, on the floor screaming and as Afzol was unharmed most likely people will believe that Afzol started the fight, so Afzol wouldn’t be in a good position if he got caught by the soldiers.

 

After walking out of the restaurant Afzol headed towards the biggest crowds and mixed in with the crowd.

 

After awhile of walking in the crowd, Afzol was sure he got away from anyone that could recognize him, so he headed towards the Library.

 

It took about 15 minutes to walk to the Library, the Library was close to the centre of the city and was the main hall of knowledge in the city. The only other place that could come close to this kind of place would be the schools in the city but they were in no way able to compare to the amount of books that the city Library had.

 

Soon Afzol stood in front of a massive three story building. He stood in front of a massive intimidating door that was 5 times bigger than any average doors and on top of the door were 3 words written in masterfull calligraphy “Barnet city Library”.

 

Afzol was quite mesmerised by the massive doors and the calligraphy as it looked like a big piece of art.

 

Afzol pushed open the door and entered.

 

Inside he saw a giant room full of bookshelves on his right and left and infront of him was a hallway leading straight to the middle of the room.

 

Afzol walked through the hallway towards the middle. In the middle of the Library weren’t any books but a bunch of tables full of people reading books and in the side a desk with old man who looked like he was going to go to sleep at any moment.

 

The old man was most likely the librarian and this was probably the place to bring books to read on the tables.

 

Afzol went up to the old man behind the desk.

 

“Old grandpa can you please help me I am new to this city, can you tell me the rules of this Library.”

 

The old grandpa showed an expression of annoyance as If he had been woken up from a long nap.

 

“Anyone can read books at the first floor, anyone at body transformation stage or above can enter second floor and core creation and above can enter third floor, the only exception are Nobles as they can enter all floors” the old man said with a expressionless face.

 

Afzol was a little surprised by the way that restrictions were placed. This would be fine if it was in a sect as they would have higher level techniques on is floor and only people with certain cultivation deserved and had to earn the right to learn better techniques.

 

But this was a city Library and would mostly have information and not techniques of cultivation.

 

“I guess more sensitive information was only awarded to better qualified people” although it was a little weird Afzol guessed that it was similar to classified data of police on earth and one had to be of certain rank to be able to read certain files.

 

After understanding the rules Afzol didn’t disturb the old man anymore as it seemed that the old man wanted to sleep and he didn’t want to create dislike of himself towards him.

 

Afzol headed towards one of the book shelves. As he stood beside the bookshelf he commanded the AI to scan all the books but he was disappointed by the reply.

 

[AI unable to scan words of books and can only scan the books themself. Would host like to continue?]

 

This was a big disappointment as it meant that he would have to collect the information the long way.

 

Afzol discontinued the scan and picked up a book at random from the shelf and slowly flipped through the page and as he finished after a few minutes he heard a reliving sound of the AI

 

[Ding! Host has copied the book “Adventures of Colin”. Would Host like to upload the information to Hosts memories?. Warning Host has limited threshold for amount of information that can be uploaded so is advised to only upload important information. If Hosts over uploads information it may cause negative effect such as short term memory loss until Hosts soul is strong enough to hold the uploaded information. Host can increase upload capacity by strengthening Hosts soul.]

 

Afzol was shocked by this information as this was a new ability of the AI. The AI was designed to only record information and never had the ability to upload information that it had recorded straight to Hosts memories. This was an overpowered ability as it meant that in the future the information he gathered could become his knowledge and not like a wikipedia where he could look up information from the AIs records.

 

[AI upload the first page of “Adventures of Colin”]

 

[Ding! Upload beginning]

[50%]

[80%]

[100%]

[Ding! upload complete]

 

As soon as Afzol requested it a compilation bar came into his view like In a game and after a few seconds it was done

 

As the upload complete message showed a much of new memories aparred in his Mind and this was the first page of the book of “Adventures of Colin”. It felt exactly like he had memorised the whole page himself.

 

“This is truly another great hidden ability of the merged AI” Afzol thought to himself as he examined this amazing new ability

 

After awale of examination Afzol began his knowledge gathering but this time he flipred through books much faster because as long as he got a glimpse of the words the AI could copy it.

 

[Ding!! Host has copied “History Of Barnet city]

 

[Ding!! Host has copied “History of highland kingdom]

 

[Ding!! Host has copied “Map of highland kingdom”. Map has been uploaded to map icon and can now be viewed on map icon]

 

And so he began to read book after book from the shelf hearing notifications after notifications.

 

Afzol read (flipped through) every book on every shelf one by one as he planned to copy every book on this floor of the Library.

 

He needed to gain as much knowledge as possible as this was the only way that the AI could become more helpful in battle for example tell him the weakness of beasts.

Note;

if u like the novel please ? rate and follow the novel, lets try to get on then top 5 trending.  Thanks




36