Chapter 17 The Four Sects
2.8k 7 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 17 The Four Sects

 

After having a dinner that would be his first towards a journey of testing all the finest foods that this new world has to offer.

 

As he was eating he heard an interesting conversation

 

“Did you hear about the recent disturbance in the inner parts of the unknown forest, apparently the all the powerful beasts have started to fight every couple of days”

 

“Yeah I heard that some hunters have stopped going deeper into the forest in case the beasts come to the outsouts, some say there are even many Divine Sea stage Beasts in the inner forests”

 

“I heard from my brother that is a disciple of the Divine sword sect that recently many experts from headquarters of the main branch has come right after the disturbance began because some think that the disturbance is due to a natural treasure that is soon to appear”

 

These three man were sitting close to Afzol allowing him to clearly hear the conversation. From the conversation Afzol could deduce that something big is likely to happen soon and if the part about the many divine sea beasts are true then it will likely affect Barnet city and even the whole of Highland Kingdom which is incredibly close to the unknown forest. Of course this meant Afzol would also be in danger if a situation where many divine sea beasts were to attack the kingdom.

 

“It looks like I will have to keep an eye of for any updates on this situation but I am intrigued by the treasure that could make so many powerful figures fight for it.”

 

A little while later Afzol finished his meals and left the restaurant.

 

“The recruitment will be in less then 2 hours so it would be best for me to head the location a bit earlier to get a better understanding of the process”

 

As he thought this Afzol headed towards the recruitment location.

 

It took him about 20 minutes of walking to reach the location, because the AI showed a map the whole city which he got from the library, he was able to walk to the location without getting lost and took the quickest route but even then it took him 20 minutes, by this it could be seen just how big this city was.

 

As he got closer to the destination the crowd started and get larger and larger and when he reached the area of the recruitment he could barely see the road.

 

In front of him now we’re four massive lines made of 100s of kids. These four lines represented the four sects that are recruiting today which are the

Divine sword sect, The Pill sect, Elemental sect and The Beast sect.

 

In front of each line we’re massive banners that displayed the names of there sect. Afzol walked towards the line with the banner of the elemental sect. In front of him were roughly 90 to 100 kids.

 

“It’s seems that I have made an error in judgment, I never thought that so many people would be joining the recruitment or i would have come much earlier to sign up”

 

Afzol had learnt from people talking the restaurant that sign up would start from 3 hours before the recruitment tests started, which was why he thought by the time he got there most people would have already signed up.

 

After 30 minutes of waiting Afzol finally got close to the front of the line and now there were less than 10 people in front of him. He could also now see the person sitting behind the table who is recording the details of the candidates, this was a young man that looked to be around 25 years old but for cultivators looks can be very deceiving.

 

As cultivators reach new stages there lifespans would increase so the the faster ones cultivation grows the longer they are likely to keep looking young. Of course there are many other ways keep looking young in this world.

 

“AI show me his statues”

 

[Name Unknown]

 

[Elemental sect Disciple]

[Cultivation;Body Transformation Level 3]

[Element; Fire]

 

Looking at the disciples data Afzol was not too surprised, this disciple was most likely a low talent inner disciple that had had enough talent to reach inner disciple but that was now reaching a stalemate point in cultivation and so his cultivation was unlikely advance too further and so was given this job as a recruiter.

 

Next to the recruiter is a box that seemed to be made out of light and as every person passed through the box two detail would pop up on top of the box, one is age and the other is there cultivation stage.

 

This was an arey used to determine the age and the cultivation of the applicant as people below the age of 30 can apply to the selection process.

 

Once in awale the age number would turn red,this meant that the applicant was over the age limit.

 

As this is a great operatunity to join a big sect and enjoy its amazing resources some people will always try to sneak in with different method of hiding,of course 99% of the time people will fail and even if they succeed in getting through the application process there natural talent would stop them achieving any further success but people still try because rich family’s would hire the ones that have not been selected by the sect depending on how far the applicants could go through the trials.

 

But this is also a rare occurrence because of the the consequence of failing to deceive the formation because Afzol watched as every time a person failed and the numbers turned red a bolt of lightning would strike the person making them spasm with unimaginable pain.

 

This was of course set up by the formation created in order to scare more people from trying to deceive the formation but even then there are always a few people that will try their luck as the rewards were just too enticing.

 

After waiting a long time Afzol finally made it to the front. As he approached the desk the disciple spoke in a indifferent manner

 

“Name and cultivation?”

 

“Afzol, Qi Refining stage level 1”

 

“Go through the formation and the tunnel which will lead to the others that have passed”

 

As he said this he shouted next. Afzol headed towards the formation box and stepped into it and it showed his age which is 15 and his cultivation.

 

Next he headed towards the tunnel that lead to the the other successful candidates but just as he approached the tunnel he heard a large commotion from his right.


 



37