Chapter 4 Bandits on the road
3.4k 5 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 4 Bandits on the road

 

“AI show me my status”

[Host; Afzol Hossain]

Level 3

Experience point 3/18

Cultivation stage; QI gathering

Body condition: good

Main Innate ability; immortal god soul stage 1

Innate skill; Soul energy regeneration

Innate skill; Body regeneration

Innate skill; Immunity: -Low level soul attacks

                                      -Low level poison
Minor innate ability; lightning god soul stage 1

Innate skill; Immunity: 100% lightning

Profession; none

On his walk towards the city he checked his status and after he ate the beast core he now had 3 experience point.

after leveling up he felt his strength and speed grow again

Afzol thought ”I am guessing that my strength is higher than these of the same level due to the fact that I have to god souls level innate abilities” “ and the lightning element is known for its destructive and fast nature and because of the immortal god soul I am able to use more force with having to worry about causing damage to my body”

as he was walking and analysing his abilities and strengths he finally saw ahead of him a road and see the road meant that he was headed in the right path.

Now all he had to do was follow the road and he would soon reach the City.

But as he was about to reach the road he suddenly saw a carriage coming from a distance. The carriage was wasn't very good looking and looked old and worn out. As the carriage got closer and closer afzol waited by the side of the road to let the carriage pass before he continued towards the city.

Afzol thought about asking for a ride but after realising that he was in the body of a beggar with shredded clothes he realised that the person in the carriage might want to kill him rather then help him out for stopping them.

So he decided to avoid the trouble and let them pass before walking to the city, but to his surprise the carriage didn’t go past him but stopped next to him.

The carriage was controlled by an old man in his 40s but what surprised afzol was that the carriage was not being pushed by horses but 2 beasts that were similar to horses but these beasts had 2 pointy horns on the top of their heads.

as the carriage stopped the carriage window was pushed open.

inside the carriage sat 2 people an old man who looked to be in his mid 30s and beside him was a young beautiful girl that looked to be in her late teen around 18-20 years old. She had beautiful clear skin, eyes in the color of jade and dark black hair that was tied up behind her head.

Inside the carriage, the man spoke to the young lady "miss we shouldn't stop, it will dangerous to talk to the kid, this could be a trap to use the kid as bait to lure people into traps by bandits and this kid looks to be a street beggar" "it will be safer for us to continue and if anything goes wrong we might miss the disciple recruitment"

In this world getting killed by bandits and bandits stealing from weaker was a common scene.

This young lady was actually from a pretty wealthy family and could easily afford a good quality carriage but she chooses to use this old looking carriage to avoid the risk of bandit attacking their carriage.

"don't worry uncle I am only giving a few coins to the kid" the lady replied

Knowing that he couldn't change the lady's mind the men stopped trying to persuade the lady.

As afzol stared at the carriage, first made sure he was not in danger so asked the Ai system to scan them and tell him their cultivation levels and as soon as he asked worlds appeared on top the peoples and beasts head and these words were there cultivation levels.

The two beasts were qi gathering level 5, the old man controlling the carriage was a mortal, but to his surprise, the men inside the carriage were at the qi refining stage level 8 and even more surprising was that the young lady was qi refining level 9.
After seeing this afzol guessed that the next stage in cultivation is the qi refining stage.

"I know I can easily defeat anyone a couple of levels above me but I have never fought some in a whole different stage and these two are in the final levels of the next stage, I am sure I would not be able to defeat them but I should be able to escape with my advanced speed." afzol thought after examining their levels.

As he was in thought he suddenly heard the young lady's voice in his ear, "little kid where are your parents? Are you lost? Do you want some money?"

As the young lady asked all these questions she took out a bag from her waist and took some coins out of the bag and put the coins on afzol's hands

Afzol was surprised for a second and was confused why the lady was giving him money but realized that he was in the body of a beggar and the lady was probably just a kind person that felt sorry for him and wanted to give him some money.

Afzol didn’t reject the money since he would need money to buy food once he got to the city.

As for the other questions afzol answered with a lie “ thank you miss, my parents are in the city and I am going to the city to meet up with them.”

“ are you going to walk to the city? It gonna take more than an hour to walk to the city.”

The lady had a perplexed look as if in thought of making an important decision and after a few seconds she finally spoke again

“Would you like to ride with us?”

Afzol was quite surprised by the offer and as afzol was about to agree the man inside the carriage spoke out towards the lady
“Miss don’t do this. It isn’t safe”

Afzol could clearly see that the man was completely against him coming on board and afzol understood why.

It looked the lady was quite naive and very innocent, but in this world the worst life was for the naive and innocent.

After hearing the woman afzol decided to reject them to avoid trouble or an argument.

“ miss thank you for the offer but I will go by walking and ask for more money from people along the road” afzol said to the lady. He decided to use his identity as a beggar as an excuses.

He thanked them and said goodbye to them and turned around to start walking to the city.

But as he turned around the AI system suddenly gave out warming’s

[Multiple life forms with killing intent heading towards host]

Afzol looked in the mini map quickly and saw about 7 red dots from the forest heading towards them. Afzol wasn’t sure if there were humans or beasts but if they were humans, by the fact that they had killing intent it’s was highly likely they were bandits. And if they beasts they were also looking to kill.

As he didn’t know what level the enemies were he decided to warn the carriage lady. So he turned around and headed back to the lady.

"miss I believe that there is a group. Of enemies headed this way that mean to harm you."

Afzol could guess that if the enemy was a group of bandits they definitely weren't here for a beggar like him.

The lady was shocked by the sudden turn of event.

"little boy what are you talking about" as she said this she thought that this boy was talking crazy, but then she saw the boy taking out a small knife from his pocket.

This scene made the lady and the men become serious. Both of them looked around but couldn't see anyone.

The man asked afzol "boy there is no one here, are you trying to play tricks on us?"as the man said this he looked quite angry

Afzol didn't say anything else because the enemies would be here in seconds.

And surely as he said it after a few seconds some muscular man jumped out of the forest heading straight towards them. They held swords and axes in their hands.

Everyone is the carriage was shocked by the sudden turn of events and froze for a second, but then immediately took out their swords from their waists.

Afzol looked at the group running toward them and with the help with the AI system he could see that the 2 at the front were QI refining level 8 and 9, and behind them were 1 Qi refining level 5 and one Qi refining level 3.

Afzol was quite worried he had never fought anyone in the qi refining stage and now he was facing so many enemies. Although the lady and the man could fight the 2 highest level bandits but the other 2 qi refining was still left.

As he was thinking this, the four bandits surrounded them.

Then the man with the highest cultivation pointed his sword towards afzol and the carriage people and said " what a dump, you guys are quite smart to use this broken carriage as camouflage and it nearly worked but luckily, one of my guys has an innate ability that allows him to enhance his hearing and luckily he heard you two talking about your rich family couple of mills back and so we've been following you since then. Now hand over everything you have and you can go free"

38