Chapter 8 Parting ways, treasures hunting
2.9k 3 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 8 Parting ways, treasures hunting

 

After about an hour's drive the carriage finally reached the city entrance. The city was surrounded by a huge wall and at the entrance was a gigantic gate and in front of the gate were many men in uniform with swords in their waists either standing guard or inspecting the carriages going into the city.

As this was one of the major cities with the kingdom it was full of travels and merchants, and those there was a big line of carriages slowly going through the line and waiting till it was there time for an inspection.

Of course, they didn't have any problem with the inspection as they didn't have anything besides them in the carriage.

After going through the gates the Afzol saw a big road headed straight down the middles of the city all the way to the middle of the city where there was a big palace. This was where the mayor of the city lived.

Along this road was both sides of the road were full of shops of many kinds.

Afzol could see many amazing and magical things he had never seen before on earth. He felt like he was Harry Potter going into Diagon Alley for the first time.

This was going to be the start of his journey towards power, adventure and happiness.

"In a lot of novels, the mc doesn't enjoy the fact that they are lucky enough to be in a world full of wonder and don't cherish the moments. But I plan to enjoy every part of this world" Afzol thought to himself as saw his future in mind.

After enjoying the sites for a few moment it was time to explore

"Sarah can you please let me off here," Afzol said to Sarah.

"Oh, are you going now? I guess this is goodbye maybe we will see each other in the disciple recruitment." as Sarah said this she called the carriage driver to stop

After saying goodbye Afzol got off the carriage and want on the sidewalk. Afzol had some things to do to prepare himself before he went to the disciple recruitment and most important of them was to buy me clothes. If he went anywhere like this he would be asking to be bullied.

So he started walking through the street and quickly found a store and so walked towards it but as he was about to enter he heard the shouts of an old man from a nearby store.

"come try your luck here, you can definitely find a treasure." the old man shouted

Afzol looked over and saw that the man had a table full of old relics like broken weapons, stones and books.

Afzol got a little curious and so went over to see what was happening

"old man what are you selling?" Afzol asked

The old man looked and sized up the boy in front of him and soon came to a conclusion

"dirty beggar get away from here. if you stay here no customers will come to the store" the old man shouted loudly after releasing that the boy in front of him was nothing but a beggar.

This was exactly the situation he wanted to avoid and the reason why he wanted to get a be set of clothes, but he didn't mind the old man because he could have just bought and worn a new set of clothes then come to this shop but he had a better idea and that was to use his look to show that he was poor so that the owner wouldn't give a high price if Afzol found something he wanted

"old man I am not a beggar, I only look like this because I came from training." Afzol said with a fake angry look

After seeing that he had made a mistake and made the boy angry the old man didn't immediately apologised but first looked at the boy again, but after checking he still found that even if the boy just trained it looked too worn out and guessed that it must have been worn many times and from this he deduced that even if the young man was not a beggar he was definitely poor, but even so he still apologised as he rather have a poor customer then no customer.

"I am so sorry young man, my mistake please forgive."

"it's fine, can you explain to me what you sell"

"I sell old relics and mysterious objects at a very cheap price, but what you get relies on luck as some of them may be worthless junk but believe me there are mystical treasures among them, I once sold an old ugly looking rock that turned out have a big top-quality spirit stone and the guy that bought it soon used it to reach the Qi refining level 9 and then became an outer sect disciple of one of the four big sects." the old man used temptation to persuade Afzol into buying one of his relics.

"so do you want to try your luck young man?" the old man asked

"they all just look like junk to me, how much are you selling them for?" Afzol asked

" young man, I assure you there are true treasures among the junk and all the relics are 20 silver each but because I offended you earlier as an apology I will give you a 10 percent discount how about it?" the old man saw that the boy was surely poor so lowered the price and used it to tempt the boy more.

Afzol looked through the table and examined the relics and felt a tingly sensation coming from the table but he couldn't locate which item it was coming from.

"AI scan the items on the table," Afzol asked the Ai in his mind

[Scanning in progress]

[Strong Soul and spatial fluctuation detected from two items]

"AI show me the two items" as Afzol asked two hologram arrows pointed at two relics. One was a small stone the size of a baseball and the other was an old worn out book

"old man are you crazy you want me to spend twenty silver on something that might be junk." Afzol said to the old man after examining the relics

"how about this i feel like trying out my luck just for fun but twenty silver is too much how about ten?" get asked the old man

" young man if i sell it to you for ten silver coins how am i going to make money. I am gonna be generous to you today and will make it fifteen silver coins each for you and no lower" the old man said with a reluctant and unhappy face.

Afzol didn't say anything for a moment and looked as if he was in thought then said ok

Afzol had enough money so didn't haggle anymore and risk the old man no selling to him

Afzol looked and touched all the relics and picked up the two items the AI selected. He touched all the items so as to make it look like he was picking randomly. After picking the two he paid the old man 30 silver coins and left.

He kept the book in his hand and the rock in his pouch. He couldn't check out what the two items were until he was alone so decided it was best to not look into it instil he found a place to stay. He saw a couple of hotels on the way here so finding a place to stay would not be a problem.








32