Chapter 3:Weird Meeting
59 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

{Give me moment I have to deal with something outside.}

His body begins to blacken and melt slowly flowing into the floor creating a large black spot five feet in diameter.

[This place feels so familiar. Am I dreaming?]

I begin to further examine the area around me trying to figure out what exactly is giving me such a strong sense of familiarity.

In front of me is a collection of linear grey bookshelf's of varying shades stretching as far as the eye can see. Each is covered in spiral carvings and behind me is a sheet of black as wide and high as far  the eye can see.

The floor seems to be made of jade bricks.

I begin to walk to the closest aisle stopping in a single step due a feeling of something slapping against my leg. Looks like i'm naked.

I continue walking ignoring the slap sounds every step.

"Guess its farther than it looks."

Even after well over one hundred steps I haven't moved a single bit closer to the nearest shelf. Eventually I decide to just stop moving and wait for the masked man.

-An Unknown Amount Of Time Later-

{I'mmmmmm back!}

Suddenly the masked man appears in front of me, his face directly in front of me I notice his strange eyes through the small holes in his mask. They're a mix of grey, black, and white with the center being a deep shade of murky green.

{Anyways come on grab my hand I want to check out that big dirty black shelf.}

He grabs my hand and pulls me along as he begins walking the fourth aisle to my left.  Slowly we make our way visibly getting closer and closer, the familiar feeling growing stronger as we move.

As we walk I begin to examine the masked man. His skin is a light shade of grey, he appears to be rather skinny with his rib cage clearly visible, and on the back of his head is a pair of pure white, smooth, deeply curved horns reaching his neck.

Within a couple of steps we make it to the black shelf.

{Okay then which one which one?}

He begins to step ahead me and slowly look through the collection of multicolored books sitting in the fourth to the top shelf.

I too begin to examine the bookshelf trying to figure out what exactly is making me feel such an intense attraction and familiarity. Slowly I look through the many books making sure to read through each title.

Farmers Tale-Peasant Edition[5th Meeting/Small Provider], Farmers Tale-Agricultural Leader(Before Deity)[23rd Meeting/Average Rating], Kings Tale(Before Near Ritual Defeat)[Year 53/Slight Growth].

{Here Here read this one!}

Suddenly the masked man begins running at me, screaming with a book as thick as his head in his right hand. 

[How in the hell did he get so far away?]

In an instant he appears two steps away from me.

{Here ya go!}

He attempts to hand me the book but stops suddenly after taking a look at my face. He stares at me for a couple seconds, scratches his head, then opens the book after showing me the title.

[A View Of Heaven 1st Edition]

{Alright I guess we'll have to split the mask...Damn it I don't wanna!}

He begins flailing his arms around expressing a deep dissatisfaction in having to share that mask with me.

[I wonder does he have a second mask?]

After stomping around for a couple seconds he grabs the bottom of the mask and pulls at it. He appears to be struggling to remove it.

{Umm give me a moment the fuckers fighting back a small bit.}

He sits down, his legs crossed be begins to smack his legs multiple times. Suddenly a large amount off white liquid explodes out of his knees covering the entirety of his lower body. Within moments a pair of white bag like pants covered in gray spots appears on his legs. 

His body become pure white.

{The frills are missing but this should be enough I guess.}

He pulls at his mask once again this time successfully removing the part covering his mouth.

{Here ya go.}

Wearing a bright smile he puts the bit of mask on my mouth without hesitation.

Suddenly everything rushes into my head. Every single dream, every single day, everybody I know, everything I have ever experienced suddenly slams into my head giving me the worst headache I've ever felt. 

I fall onto my knees, gripping my head I stare at the masked man.

"Why hello there you annoying prick."

{Sorry I'm not him but then again I'm kinda her. Hmm I forgot how much exactly did I inherit. Eh doesn't matter I remember enough so why don't we talk a bit before ya read a bit of this.}

[What the hell is he planning damn it...fuck what did he do to me?}

He begins to hum a simple tune, It sounds like a swing arrangement. I wonder why it sounds so familiar?

"What the hell are you and what did you do to me!"

He smiles even brighter, slightly opening his mouth, exposing a collection of needle like teeth and canine like teeth. His lips are a deep shade of gray and his chin is slightly pointed. His cheeks appear to be a small bit puffy.

He cups his head with his right hand and begins to tap his left foot as he swings his hips left and right.

{First off I didn't do anything to you and second I am um how do I say this. Hmm I guess the best description of me is I guess your soul but then again you never really had one. I guess i'm your sudden supernatural twin brother.}

[Okay so this is a dream one hundred percent but that weird demon sure as hell wasn't. Fuck I swear to god if i lose my foot...for now I should try to get some more info out of him...Are souls really real?]

{Yup souls are real but ya don't really need them with your brain and the chemicals that flow through em. If I remember right the souls only real use is to send some slaves up to the angels. Either that or to find angel candidates, i'm having a little bit of trouble remembering without the whole mask so the answer's one a those two. }

"You can read my mind?"

{Sure sure anyways ya wanna read dis book.}

"Okay why in the hell are you speaking like that?"

{Because I can. Thanks for noticing though you don't have to be so rude about it.}

"Fuck off."

{You know this may be a tad bit sudden but I wanna know how exactly you're doing so good. Hmm what? Uh huh. Okay...never mind never mind."

"The hell was that?"

{It was nothing. Anyways we took a little too long so I guess see ya in a month. Quick tip if you want train up a bit go through the red door when you sleep and walk around a small bit, you should only access to only around two or three cities worth of space but that should be enough. You can keep the piece for now and don't worry I'll save ya again if I need too. If only dreams moved slower. Oh well see ya later.}

"What?"

I feel a wave of sleepiness wash over me. Suddenly it becomes impossibly difficult to keep my eyes open.

"Go..d....dam....n..it."

=Unknown Hospital=

Slowly I open my eyes trying to overcome the feeling of a heavy body. I attempt to move only to be stopped by something.

I open my eyes and move my head so that I can take a proper look at my arms. I'm laying on what appears to be a hospital bed. The sheets are pure white and the rails on the side of the bed stopping me from rolling around to much, are a deep green.

Yup perfectly ordinary bed except for the large leather straps wrapped  around my elbows and wrist.

Suddenly my mind clears up. The fogginess disappears and I can see and remember everything clearly.

Immediately I look to my legs to see if my foot is fine.

"........Where the hell did my foot go?"

My right foot has been replaced by a bandage wrapped nub. I look at it in silence trying to process what the hell is going on.

"Sir everything is fine please calm down and please listen."

I hear a feminine voice calmly trying to speak to me unfortunately my need to know what the hell is going on has given me an extreme case of selective hearing an tunnel vision.

"Sir I am speaking to you through a microphone. Look to your right and you'll see a camera on the corner of the roof."

[I don't care about any damn camera damn it!]

"WHO ARE YOU AND WHERE THE HELL AM I!"

"Sir please calm down."

'I'LL CALM DOWN WHEN YOU ANSWER MY FUCKING QUESTION!"

"Sir you are in Methodist Hospital, transplant ward."

I begin to further examine the room around me, at least what I can. The bed has a large board for back support so I can't quite see everything behind me. I do manage to sneak a peak at what appears to be an inactive heart monster, an I.V. drip, and what appears to be a collection of medical tools like lights and extra tips among other things.

"Answer me what in the hell happened to my foot."

"Sir when you first arrived a majority of your right ankle was forcefully removed by a demon. The connecting muscles that allow you to move were extremely damaged and the part of your ankle that acts as a shock absorbed was damaged, though not beyond repair it was permanent. The bone was also pushed out of place forcefully and quickly causing some damage that would make it add to the lack of shock absorption. The only option we had to avoid infection and allowed us to do proper damage control was to remove it."

..............

"Sir over thirty percent of your ankle was bitten off we had no choice."

"...Tell me how do you know about demons."

"Sir it has been one month and twenty one days since you were attacked since then several similer incidents have occurred. We ask for your cooperation in dealing with the current issue and we would also like to add sir that so far no demon has been proven to be bullet proof."

..........

"What is your answer sir? If you need we can answer some more of your questions."

1