Chapter 5:Welcome Test
37 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

>Click Bang<

A rubber bullet hits my knee, digging into my skin a small bit causing a mix of burning and piercing pain. My leg flies forward reflexively as I fall backwards deeper into the car, kicking empty air. Suddenly the woman leaps at me with her handgun aimed directly at my head.

"Move even an inch and you will lose an eye. Do you understand?"

"...yes."

I feel a sense of anger slowly fill my body as I look at the woman who shot me, restrained me, and chopped off my god damned foot. My fist begin to clench as I begin to think more and more about what I've experienced so far but stop at making a closed fist as the fear I feel over her threat overrides my urge to punch her.

"Help me up and drag me wherever you need me to go."

[Fuckin, let's keep him calm she says, situation she says. What the hell are you talking about lady cause shooting me isnt ganna keep me calm.]

She steps back and allows a pair of armed men to pull me out carefully and lift me up, both holding me by my arms.

A choking sensation invades my throat as the mask begins to liquify and enter my mouth.

"What was that!"

The man holding my right arm jumps away seeing the mask flow into me. Pointing a small rifle he shivers, his finger clearly on the trigger.

I try to answer but a wave of sunlight stuns me. My head hurts a small bit and my sight becomes blurry as a bright light hits my face.

"Hell if I know."

Even as a gun is pointed directly at me with clear malicious intent I continue to maintain a certain level of calm, my annoyance slighty reduces my logical thought preventing me from perfectly responding.

"Stand down. You answer the question."

"I don't know okay. Lady I was a normal dude until I guess a little past a month ago."

"...Men hurry up."

The man that jumped away drops his gun letting it loosely hang by the strap on his shoulder and grabs me once again.

Slowly we make our way into the stadium.

I look around trying to find anything that could let me know where I am.

[...it's way too empty.]

"If you try to kill me that thing that killed a bunch of demons will probably kill you all so don't try anything funny."

[He definitely did something, after all I'm still alive and kind of okay...I wonder if prosthetics are easy to find?]

"...Men stop. Tell us more."

"Tell me what's going on. There is no goddamned way that the army got fucked to point of those gun groups got too act as their replacement."

"Do you known who the U.S. president is."

"Some dude named Joe right."

"Joe Jackson. What year is it and what city is this."

"It's twenty seventeen and this is san antonio."

"What do you call the stadium behind me."

"The only places I know are my home, school, and chacho's pizza. I was not a very active person to say the least now come on where are you going with this?"

"We plan to pass you by some of your fellow abnormalities and see if you can be trusted."

"What?"

"Just come with us."

[Fellow abnormalities? Wait so theres other people like me.....okay I'm an idiot why wouldn't there be.]

We make it past the ticket booths, metal detectors, and rotating blockers and finally properly enter the building.

We take a left turn and begin the long walk. 

Around ten minutes in I notice the smell of fresh buffalo wings...god those smell good.

"Hey so that's my fellow wierdo?"

"Yes actually."

[I wonder why I feel so nice right now?]

After passing a popcorn and nacho shop, a gift shop, and a hot dog and burger shop we make it to a small wing joint.

"Alright little man you just want some fries right?"

"Yes please."

"You don't have to be so polite all the time...actually no nevermind pretend you didnt hear that."

"Okay?"

Behind the counter is a tall man with a thick gray beard and glasses wearing an apron and some jeans with a little boy wearing a dinosaur shirt and a pair of beige shorts sitting on the old mans shoulder gripping his gray hair tight with both hands.

The old man has a muscular body structure and slight tanned skin while the little boy is small and chubby with peach colored skin.

"Can you loosen up a bit."

"I don't wanna."

"I'll let you play with my beard later if you do."

The little boy immediately let's go of the old mans hair, instead wrapping his arms around his neck.

"Thanks. Though I really do wonder why you like playing with my beard isn't it super scratchy."

"It feels good to scratch."

"Okay okay."

The old man looks this way putting on a frown as soon as the woman enters his sight.

"Not right now Jane."

"We have a new partner."

"Once again, not right now Jane."

"...Fine we'll eat then Tommy can do his magic, right tommy."

Th little boy hides his face in the old mans hair in response to her words.

"Hey kid barbeque or buffalo."

"Barbeque and fill up two of those sh...Tiny plates."

"You get one plateful okay, oh and watch your language when around kids okay."

"Sorry, my bad."

[This dudes gotta be important after all they havent shot him into obeying so far.]

I decide to take a seat on the floor resting against the wall. Thankfully nobody stopped me though that might be in part due to the calm and relaxed atmosphere.

After a little over ten minutes a bell rings. The smell of wings suddenly doubles in strength causing my mouth to overflow with saliva.

"Foods ready kid."

I stand up and move to the counter to see him holding the most glorious pile of wings to have ever been successfully stacked in a single plate.

"Ah, sorry before that the kids gotta do a quick check. Thomas are you ready."

"I don't wanna but okay."

He places the gorgeous wing plate on the counter and climbs up across the counter with the kid still on his shoulders.

He slowly lifts the kid up and places him standing up next to his left leg. He gently pushes the kids back and begins to walk towards me.

"Sorry partner he's not exactly good with people other than me."

"It's cool it's cool."

"Sit down."

"What do we say thomas."

"Please sit down."

I obey the kid and take a seat on the floor. I cross my legs a bit and lean forward preparing for whatever the I'd has planned.

The kid puts his right hand on my forehead and begins mumbling. A couple seconds in, a small red bead appears on his forehead,  a bright six pointed star with small dots between each star floats in front of it

"Elaf Faizal sulaimon commands you, come to your master and do his bidding."

Suddenly a large wooden staff begins to appear from the gem on the kids head a small glass worm is resting on its top.

The kid grabs the tall staff, practically hugging it and slams it against the ground. A large circle with unknown symbols covering it appears below us. A large blue hand lifts us up and drags us down into it.

Instantly I find myself in a small hill covered in blue and red flowers. A river appears to circle around us branching off and spiraling down the hill.

I look up to the moon and see the silhouette of a man and several women on it.

"Yes master."

Suddenly in front of me, right behind the kid a giant blue person appears. His eyes are a bright silver and his lips are a deep red. His messy brown hair has a golden net with small green and blue gems forming a dripping pattern.

On his neck is a collection of gold necklaces and gem strings and below it on his chest where his heart might be is a large and thick spear clearly piercing through

"Mister will he hurt me and uncle arny?"

"Give me a moment master."

Suddenly the man pierces my head with his large nail.

My mind goes numb as a wave of electricity slams into me spreading and hitting every part of my body growing in strength every single second.

I begin to scream.

The man jumps away and hides behind the kid the moment he finishes doing whatever he was doing.

I fall over covered in sweat, my mind trying its hardest to put itself back together.

"Master I'm sorry this man is safe but the thing inside simply isn't. A demon that passed the limits set by the gods resides within and it is something you could never dream of contracting. Master I reccomend that you do your best to please him."

After catching my breath I manage to sit up.

[.....]

"...Um hey kid you alright?"

The kid is laying on the floor pressing his face hard against the floor covering his ears. Hes shaking hard so hard his clothes are practically flying.

"I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry."

[Shit that old man's ganna kill me.]

"Kid it's fine look I'm fine see."

I begin to flail my arms around in an attempt to show that I'm still full of energy and completely capable of moving.

"See kid."

"I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry."

"Sir I'm sorry but my master likely won't calm down without Arnold's help. I'm truly sorry for the inconvenience sir as an apology If you wish I can convince Arnold to protect you assuming you'd like that."

The kid continues to cry and apologize non stop flinching whenever the man mentions the name arnold.

[WHY WOULD I SAY NO!]

"Do it."

The man taps the back of the kid leaving a small white light.

"May we meet again under better conditions sir and I pray you have a pleasant time."

"Sure."

{We sure will!}

"The hell!"

{Don't forget go to sleep as soon as you can and go through the red door.}

1