Chapter 7: Acceptance
1.8k 4 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

She stood there, alone, in a pitch-black room, unaware of its location. She couldn't see a thing, only darkness. The room felt unknown, yet so familiar. She held her hands against her ears, yelling and yelling.

"Make them stop, make them stop!"

Voices of all different kinds kept screaming and muttering. Each of them had an accusing and sinister tone. They kept going and going until she started screaming and yelling against the unknown entities, "I'm sorry, it's my fault. Please forgive me..."

Silence fell when she spoke about forgiveness.

The sinister-looking shapes slowly became familiar. The first one was her father, his face was distorted and he stood there, motionless...

"Father? You're alive?"

Lena couldn't believe her eyes, salty tears started running down her cute little cheeks. 

"Father, I missed you! I thought that you died."

She ran as fast as she could to her father, but the moment she blinked, he disappeared into the shadows...

Her body froze, her cerebra were working at full capacity trying to comprehend her current situation. She tried to find him, but it was of no use... He was gone... Her heart almost jumped out her chest, when she felt a hand on her small shoulder. She looked at its direction and she was shocked, it was her mother!

"Mom! Please don't also leave me, I'll promise I'll be a good girl from now on."

Her mother's face gave her a kind smile. She wrapped her arms around Lena and gave her a hug. Lena looked her mother in the eyes and smiled, she couldn't believe her eyes, her mother was standing right there, completely healthy. Her mother gave her a kind and motherly smile. The darkness was slowly being replaced by light. Her surroundings became slowly clear. She and her mother were standing on a small, grassy hill. Above them were the leaves of a tree. It was her tree, the one, she and her parents used to sit under and spend time together.

Lena looked at the sun. It slowly went down, colouring the sky red. The hills stretched until they disappeared into the horizon. It was a beautiful sight, she wanted to cherish the moment, just she and her mother... hoping that it would never end. Time stood still for a moment... until her mother spoke, "My sweet baby-girl, it's time for me to go."

Lena panicked, she didn't want her to leave. She grabbed her arm and started crying.

"Mom, please don't go. Please! I need you!"

Her mother smiled and stroke her long, silver hair and said, "You became a strong girl, Lena, now be a good one and let mommy go."

She refused and hold her even tighter, hoping that she could stop her if she used all her might, but it was of no use. Her mother slowly faded, until she couldn't feel her anymore. She dropped to her knees as if she lost something...

"Mother..." She said.

She sat against the tree and watched the sun vanish behind the hills. Her legs were laying in the grass and her body was soon engulfed in darkness. A tear ran down her face...

Now she was alone again until she was woken up.

"You're alright, little girl?" asked a man, it was the bandit leader.

He removed the hands from my shoulder and sat right next to me.

"You've been screaming and crying all night," he said.

"It's nothing..."

He squinted his eye and looked as if he didn't believe me. He wanted to say something but quickly hesitated.

"Ok, your loss, not that it's my business, anyway."

He stood up and went outside the tent. He wanted to eat something, but two men approached him and interrupted his chance for a decent meal., they looked quite stressed and afraid, "Boss, we've got a problem." One man said. He came close to the leader's ear and whispered something. The leader's eye widened and he became as furious as a bull.

"Who killed her! Which bloody bast*rd killed her!"

Suddenly all men stopped what they were doing and looked at him.

"Who you're talking about?" One of his men asked.

"That white hair b*tch with the huge tits, you f*cking idiot!"

Everyone started to speak and it soon became chaos, many were disappointed and felt like they missed their chance.

"Dammit, now I can't woo her anymore!"

"Such a pity that she died, she was such a beauty, now there are only the ugly ones left."

A vein in the leader's head almost popped and he started to scream again,

"Shut up, you sons of wh*res! You! bring me to her! At once!" He pointed at the young soldier, the one who brought him the news, and looked as if he could explode any moment now.

The soldier was shocked, he has never seen his leader this mad. He swallowed his saliva and made a quick bow.

"Of course sir," the soldier replied, he brought him to the crime scene.

Everyone was looking at the leader when he passed them, but they didn't dare to say anything.

At the crime scene were standing a huge crowd of men. They all looked as if they lost something important.

"Out of the way, idiots," the leader said. He pushed all the men that were standing in his way to the side. Some fell even on there asses. He took a closer look at the crime scene. There he saw a lifeless vessel, which was at least a few hours old. The young woman's skin was as pale as milk. The blood-red veins were clearly visible throughout her whole body. The leader became frustrated, he knew what this meant, but he couldn't quite believe it.

"Poison..." The leader said quietly.

His mind was bothered about one thing, which he hoped was absolutely not true, but he had no choice. He used his scanner magic and scanned the corpse. All sorts of details entered his minds, but one thing shocked him the most...

"This can't be true... Daryl..."

41