V8.C35 Headpat addict
1.6k 8 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A series of pitter-patters echoed in the corridor.

“Ruhi-sama, wait!” begged a blonde woman with teary eyes. Wearing a traditional maid outfit, she had long pointed ears and tanned skin — a typical woman from the demon race.

“Bertha, stop chasing me!” A pink-haired demon girl sobbed as she tottered across the corridor. “It’s my playtime!”

“I understand.” Bertha relented with a sigh. “Please, let me accompany you.”

Ruhi nodded cheerfully and dashed toward the palace gate. She will be touring the city again. Wandering the streets and mixing between the commoners gave her motivation.

Ruhi had been learning every kind of etiquette and different rules of politics under Liliana. She absorbed everything easily since Liliana was a good teacher. It was already announced to the kingdom that she will be the future ruler. Until then, the wife of the Dragon God Emperor would take charge.

None of the citizens opposed. Especially after the event dubbed as “Ascension”. There was an almost eerily peace among the kingdoms. Of course, it wasn't bad — most people were more than happy to bid farewell to the Era of war and welcome the new Era. The rest who tried to stir up some troubles had their balls crushed by the Angels of “Golden winged squad” — quite the painful lesson for them.

Three hours later, Ruhi returned to the palace with Bertha behind her. It looked like she would collapse right there.

How does she have so much strength, or, am I old? Bertha thought.

“I miss Shea onee-chan and onii-chan,” Ruhi said as she took the route to the throne room.

“His Majesty has returned to his world, so Shea-sama must have followed him there,” Bertha consoled with a gentle voice. She knew most of the details about another world from Liliana.

Ruhi nodded at Bertha. “I know. But Leo-sama returned yesterday and created a new city there.”

Stars appeared in Bertha’s eyes as she recalled the praises people sung for the city. “The city floats itself without any support, with the Angels guarding it. People say it’s a sight out of fairy tales.”

Sadly, none of the two had any chance to explore it.
Chatting, the two arrived at the throne room. Liliana had set up a teleportation gate here to travel from the Heiligh Kingdom. They had plans to create one inside every nation under the Empire — literally the whole world. But they were taking it slow for now; introducing one at a time would keep the citizens on edge for the next addition.

Bertha pushed the heavy stone door with ease. In the poorly lit hall, a pair of blue and red eyes shone.

“Onii-chan!”

Ruhi scurried toward Leo leaning on the throne with a faraway look.

Hearing Ruhi, Leo turned his head and smiled.
“Welcome back, Ruhi.”

Within seconds, Ruhi reached Leo, her face smiling widely. Her first meeting with him was just that “unforgettable”. She blushed remembering the way she tried to harm him.

Leo, oblivious to her thoughts, grabbed Ruhi with spiritual hands to put her on his lap and stroked her hair. Only then did he realized his mistake of treating her as Myu.

But looking at Ruhi swinging her legs from his lap, she was enjoying it. He shrugged and continued spoiling her with headpats. She worked harder than him, the real Emperor.

Ruhi squinted with a smile. She always liked the headpats from Shea. Her gentle hands warmed her heart. And Leo’s big hands weren’t any less satisfying to her.

“Your Majesty.” Bertha realized Leo’s identity and kneeled. But an invisible force raised her.

“So Ruhi, what have you been up to lately?” Leo asked.

Ruhi leaned her back on Leo’s chest with a loose expression. “Becoming the best queen...”

“Woah. You are gonna surpass me at this rate.”

“Onii-chan is still the God Emperor of the whole world.”

“...Indeed.”

“Onii-chan, can I see the new city?” She looked up and asked with upturned eyes.

Leo ruffled her hair. “Sure.”

“Onii-chan, take Bertha too.”

Leo moved his gaze to the demon maid and nodded. “Sure.”

He took the two of them and teleported to the newly built city. Lily, who had finished transporting the goods to the vault, greeted them with a wide grin as if expecting their appearance. Helina stood behind with her hands clasped on her lap.

“Ruhi-chan~ I heard you ran away again.” Lily squinted while tilting her head. “Pretty bold of you.”

Ruhi quickly shifted behind Leo and peeked her head out. “O-Onee-san, forgive me!”

The 14-year-old princess was scolding the childish 12-year-old future queen — a rather amusing sight for the lookers.

“Lily, tone it down, will you?” Leo sighed. “Not everyone is a workaholic like you.”

“Yes, I am a workaholic princess,” Liliana grumbled. “I do whatever I can to help.”

Helina patted Lily’s shoulder kindly. Though her smile was anything but kind.

“Just don’t bully her, okay? I am gonna take a look at my creation.”

“Then please do so. I will look after Lundel,” Lily said with a smile.

“Lundel?” Leo frowned. “Who is Lundel?”

Lily’s eyes slightly widened. Helina burst into laughter.

“Lundel-sama is Luluaria-sama’s only son.”

“Lulu’s son?” Leo scratched his cheeks. “You had a brother? How come no one ever told me.”

Her brother… my brother-in-law or my stepson?

Jen chuckled at his confusion.

“Lundel-sama was supposed to inherit the throne before,” Helina explained. “But that happened.”
Lily shook her head. “Lundel is the one most affected by betrayal. I forced him out of his room many times but the end result was the same.”

“So he became a… shut-in?” Leo’s eyes dilated in shock. “How old is he?”

“Ten.”

A ten-year-old shut-in. I was cracking skulls at his age.

“Wait, why is Lulu on earth when her son is rebelling here?”

“Mother comes to meet him every day.”

“She always worries over her.”

“I will also try to help him.”

“Thanks, Leo-sama,” Lily said with a smile full of gratitude.

“Don’t worry about it and let’s go inside.”

Leo picked everyone with his spiritual hands. Bertha yelped, only stopping when others gave her a blank stare. From the sky, he roamed the fairly large city before moving inside the castle. Every wall and floor gave off a holy aura, probably thanks to his spiritual essence.

One hour later, Leo arrived at the throne room, where obviously his throne was placed — the dragon throne stood out, radiating a deep and ancient aura.
“Leo-sama, please sit there,” Lily urged.

Helina silently gave a puppy-eyes look.
Leo shrugged and sat on the throne. As his butt touched the throne, his dragon pride magnified and a massive pressure engulfed the hall.

Lily and others had no choice but to kneel. The Angels in the city looked toward his direction and kneeled.
Leo quickly got up and breathed a sigh of relief. This throne resonated with him as if it was made for him.

He certainly had no idea how this very throne would help him in his future conquests...

41