0001 Prologue
59 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Had you ever had an idea that was stuck in your head? A random classmate from a physics class I had offhandedly once told me the Apocalypse will happen in 2012. It was 2006 I think the first time I heard about 2012, but I keenly dodged any mental attention to bullshit I thought was a waste of time. It was around 2010 before I had paid any conscious curiosity to different versions of the 2012 Apocalypse theory that had been tossed around before I thought it was an interesting topic.

Mesoamerican long count calendar has its own cycle, rules, and meaning. Using a tally system, it measures the number of days since a mythical creation date. According to a book compiling details of creation accounts, we are living in the fourth iteration for the world. The Fourth iteration introduced the current humans, and the end of the third was around 5000 years after the end of the a second.

I lived through the first year of the Apocalypse as one of those special S class ability user. I had long distance telekinesis that was more dangerous than a tactical nuke if I kept growing in strength. Yet I died, by the hands of the self proclaimed normal people. I had never committed a crime and did my best for the better good. Why did I have to die. I was floating in darkness for what felt like a month wondering why I could still think or where heaven was. I knew I'd go to heaven, I'm a good person after all…

My name is, or was, Jim Lars… I had been working on my Master's in electronic engineering with a year left to complete when the Apocalypse hit. My campus caught fire… It was later theorized that it was caused by a newly awakened. I had also discovered my own ability. It was utterly awful and weak for an ability, but I didn't give up. I practiced at all hours in the day. While eating I would train. While walking I would train. While sleeping I would rest, but I never slept in! I had gained my current status through effort, but others were jealous even through they never placed any effort. Even the self proclaimed mortals had ridiculous results with effort to train nonsensical ideas. It was even proven that anyone could make fireballs with a month of nonstop effort, whether they were mortals or not. But ability users had inborn gifts for their ability...

I woke up from my dream, rubbing my eyes...

 

1This prologue was originally written may 3rd, 2019 on qi, but had been looking to edit some of my older work. Edit: 3/1/2020 mostly just the first paragraph. Note: I'll make a cover later in psp7. I will post the next chapters after re-proof reading them again.

1