0003 Truth
45 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It has been about a day since my reincarnation. I have two sets of 'current' or 'recent' memory, but also blurry past memories that overlap some of my current ones.

(If I knew my parallel future memories were going to incarnate in this body, I would have spent more time learning more topics in school..)

I knew I had learned plenty at school already, but the thought that I could have spent more time learning future events would have been convenient considering my current circumstance. I continued to lay in my bed thinking about would I could have been before letting the stray thoughts go.

----

A few hours later. 3:15 AM

"Eh" (No way.)

(I had been sleeping for sure, but for just a moment I was able to use my telekinesis and woke up from that dream.)

I tried to move some nearby air for a quick breeze. I felt a slight tingle on my face confirming it worked.

(It's worse than the first initial time I learned that my ability was telekinesis and using the first time.. I am not crazy, but it doesn't stop the irritability from affecting my mind.)

(I wonder how I should train my telekinesis differently this time.)

(Reminds me of.. That.. Theory..)

It was once theorized that training nonsense would use willpower. One of the symptoms of low willpower was internal doubt that lead to conviction to stop or heart devils. Probably why magic exists in legends, but no one seems to acknowledge it's existence and the ones who do would commit suicide. It was also proven that doubt convictions or heart devils to also lead weak minded people believing everyone else in the world was out to get them and they would want to remove everything that they do not believe in. This is what lead to the so called mortals want to kill all the ability users because they did not acknowledge them as real people. It was when the metastasis hit when simultaneously the will of the heavens suppressed devil abilities which included heart devils.

Another secondary theory which was later upgraded to a theorem was related to how abilities evolved. A pyromaniac could forsake their ability to use water to increase their affinity to fire. As an example, a nun had once created a sanctuary that could heal 1000s each day which when compared to the best well rounded ability user who could heal 100 people daily is a very large gap to think about when thinking of affinity. Many in my first life had forsaken this utility for superior specialization; and given that many started with specializations from the start, giving away their specialization for utility would be a loss compared to what their subconsciousness had spent for that specialization in the first place.

I was just imagining doing figure-eight turns in my mind when I had an idea creep on me, about moving things through other things. I could already move air through other air without effecting each other, what about other materials. I know scientifically it would follow the wave principle versus a particle principle, but nonsensically I could just make the intangible.

(Phasing through locked doors or stealing things from secured locations from afar would be treacherous. A good reason for the self proclaimed mortals to hate anonymous ability users who do not want to submit.)

Using telekinesis to make something float permanently was my original goal. I wanted a floating Castle or island at one point. (Kinda childish, now that I think about it..)

At one point, someone had the idea that my ability could make a wormhole, which is why I had my freedom taken originally. The idea you could set off a nuke without the need to use a missile or rocket to transport it.

At this point it was proven. I could indeed train my ability before the so called metastasis hits. I just did not know how quick this would be.

I ended up day dreaming while practicing with my psychic muscles. I was going to make money. I could make strong and durable items, but what items and whom would I sell them to? I could also do large-scale work like terraforming.. Or I could get a farm.. or move water at a dam with water turbines to convert my ability to electricity.. I could reinforce engine parts or pipes for better durability too..

In my original life after the apocalypse, I had worked at reinforcing concrete and metal parts for a military contractor. Precision parts with higher durability was apparently a market with high returns and easy sales.

I had laid patiently on my bed until...

----

I heard a knock. Judith walked into my room.

(I need to make sure I'm not too aggressive or show how much I don't like her.)

"Morning." I said as neutrally as possible while sitting up on the bed.

"Ms Morris is making breakfast, let's get you up and ready for the day."

(I don't think I can pretend all my life, but who can blame a child for their childish attitude anyways? I'll just do what I please..)

3 seconds confirmed.

Judith was walking towards the dresser probably for my clothes, I just lead myself to the bathroom connected to my room. She had placed down my clean clothes on the counter and picked up my previously worn clothes I left on the floor when I got into the shower.

When I got to the dining room I saw what I presumed was my plate. I sat down looking at the biscuit and gravy with a small single egg omelet next to it. The omelet had some onions, tomatoes, ham and cheese mixed into it. I chopped and stirred the meals together.

Ms Morris while smiling looked at me and said, "Good morning."

I nodded back replying, "Yes, good morning."

I noticed Judith's brow wrinkled for a moment when I did not acknowledge her after.

(Ha, did the traitor want to be greeted too?)

"What are today's plans?"

I felt like something is going to happen today considering the caretakers bothered to get me ready so early in the morning.

"We are going to T University, you said you wanted to play with some typewriters?"

"I said computers, but that's fine too. I'd like to read some books too."

Judith raising an eyebrow in curiosity asks, "Oh? Sounds like you know a few things about these computers?"

"Yup." (Not that I know what else to say.)

I just continued eating while Ms Morris didn't put too much thought into what I said. Judith looked like she had a thoughtful question in her mind, says, "Looks like you'll be the most knowledgeable second grader in your class at this rate.."

" Ha! " I bang my right palm on the table, then said in a relaxed tone after a pause,"The smartest in the city is most, *snort* trivial." I tried to pretend to sound arrogant, while raising my nose into the air for the last word.

Judith just looks at me with a deadpan expression replying, "Oh, I see."

Ms Morris nods like this was a typical acceptable behavior, then scolds after seeing some liquid on the table from her cup, "Jim, you shouldn't bang on the table while eating."

"Oh yeah, when is the next time my parents going to show up?"

I had never been too close to my parents, and even after their deaths I was more mad that they died than sad. However, after the Apocalypse I had felt how unfortunate it was that my parents had to be targeted. I can change this fate, even if I never felt their love directly, because they had contributed with a trust left for me. I know they say money can't buy happiness, but the lack of money can facilitate frustration and unhappiness as I've seen many other scholar students working part time for spending money.

.

3