0004 Drive
41 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
This chapter was originally written at some point but was lost or I think it was in the original outline? What was previously saved as chapter 4+ will now be chapter 5+ hereon. I believe some of the content I added to chapter 3 yesterday was from my original rough draft or notes. This will be a shorter chapter. I also will use the horizontal bar instead of dashes, praise me. (I'll re-edit chapters when I finish posting my corrected dough drafts.) For example I might remove the last paragraph from the last chapter and then when I include the 'oh yeah, when[...]' then include that paragraph that was removed to add detail. I know some people are annoyed from repeat content after all.

"Oh yeah, when is the next time my parents going to show up?"

I had never been too close to my parents, and even after their deaths I was more mad that they died than sad. However, after the Apocalypse I had felt how unfortunate it was that my parents had to be targeted. I can change this fate, even if I never felt their love directly, because they had contributed with a trust left for me. I know they say money can't buy happiness, but the lack of money can facilitate frustration and unhappiness as I've seen many other scholar students working part time for spending money.


There was silence.

"Well, I was not expecting an answer. I was just thinking out loud."

Judith said, "You know that they are working, but on Sunday you will be able to see them when they return from their trip."

"You know on Sundays, they go out with their church friends."

Ms Morris chimed in, "You can always hang with your fellow friends on Sunday, and then see your parents later."

"You mean the older strangers that are forced to attend too, yeah I guess they can be regarded as the closest thing to friends I have. So when are we leaving?"

Judith laughed, "Ha ha, you stinky brat acting all facetious trying to make me laugh. You are going to leave as soon as you are ready."

facetious : playful, humorous, e.g. a king says his wife is okay with turning a concubine into a second empress.

Now that I thought of it, I was the only one who had been eating, as the other two were drinking coffee as they both had probably already eaten their breakfasts.

Ms Morris noticing how quickly my food was being consumed asked, "You ate quickly yesterday morning as well, tomorrow want me to make a second egg?"

I finished drinking my cup of milk and replied, "Yes, that would be good. Maybe add an apple too."

Ms Morris nodded. I felt quite good, as apples have always been my favorite. I left the dinning room heading to get my shoes from the shoe rack, sat on the couch in the living room while I tied my shoes.

As soon as I finished tying my shoes, Ms Morris was positioned at the end of the room like she was waiting for me to finish then we would leave. She had a backpack slung over her shoulder with a large thermos in her hand and keys in her other. I got up and we left out the door to her car. Ms Morris had a 1979 Buick Regal that she received as a bonus for signing up to be my caretaker 3 years ago, which even in 1985 is still a newish car. She placed her backpack in the area between us and attached the backpack to the middle seat belt while I had sat and started to push my seat back.

Ms Morris asks, "What are you doing?"

"It is dangerous to have my seat so far up, to reduce the chance for head injury I need to scoot the seat back."

She exasperatedly replies, "Then shouldn't you be sitting in the back seats?"

"Meh. I do as I please. It is not like you are going to get into an accident that would damage me while you drive on a road that limits the speed to 35 MPH on such a clear summer morning."

Ms Morris did not speak after she started driving, but she did turn on the radio to listen to the morning news.

As she drove to T University, I thought about my so called care takers. Ms Morris has evening and weekend classes for her architect degree. Ms Morris started working as my care taker 3 years ago. I heard Judith has been working for my parents for the last 8 years and went full time after I was weaned from breast milk and switched to bottles at 4 days old. My mother had spent a week away from work. Judith is only here for the money and doing spy things considering that she isn't doing anything like school or has anything else she wants to do. I need to figure out a way to eliminate both of them from being threats.

The University's library was near the parking lot at the front of the school near the main street.

 

.

3