Chapter 10 ** Loralle’s Infiltration **
41 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While Daniel was focused on his plan to bare a son with Emily, and commoners were in hell…Loralle had finally overcome her stay outside of the Metal Tribe.

For a very long time, she had done nothing. But as time moved on, she finally put more effort into obtaining the metal power, simply because of the fact that she was already there and had nothing better to do.

Mostly, her decision was based on food…Even though she was able to expand her diet to include birds now, because of learning how the Air Tribe had eaten, it didn’t matter because she was still running out of food! But, as she started to gain the metal power, she stated to feel again.

To feel annoyed at not knowing if she had gained much of the metal power, to feel hungry, to feel bored and other ‘feelings’ started to go through her once again…

Then there were painful feelings…Feelings of being the one at fault and that she was useless…But this pain seemed to have slowly woken her up and she used that to search for the metal power hungrily, her survival instincts surfacing as it seemed to be something to get her to start living again…

 

Now that she was feeling more determination to obtain the metal power, Loralle obtained what she could by being that far away from the Metal Tribe.

Now, she was trying to think of a way in, of course, there were things she wasn’t thinking of, but she was finally thinking of something!

The Metal Tribe was different again, their personalities also. They lived in caves overcome by light flashes and were able to have a light in those caves, that wasn’t done by fire! This is when she realizes that their population wasn't as small as she had thought also…As some of them had been hiding in the caves!

They also talked a little different…To her, the Water Tribe and the Fire Tribe had spoken very similar…But the Air Tribe and Metal Tribe were very different! One didn’t speak at all and the other sounded and spoke completely different to the Water Tribe and Fire Tribe!

Loralle had come to realize though, that most of the time she had seen the people talk, which hadn’t been too often, she was able to understand them, so it didn’t matter.

…Slowly though, her curiosity grew and grew, making her want to meet with them and try out their food.

But what troubles Loralle, was how they would not seem to like an outsider…

 

The Metal Tribesmen were very tough, hard as rocks!

They could also make weapons that were big or small but seemed to be very sharp. Loralle watched them and saw them fight each other up close. She wasn’t used to seeing this type of combat, normally enemies would be further apart, but the Metal Tribe got up closer and slashed their weapons!

And with their hard as rock, solid bodies, they use their fists and feet, with their weapons.

It was easy to get excited about their different techniques, but Loralle was worried about entering their territory.

The field she wanted to go into at some stage, to gain approval, was right in the middle, but how could she get there when she has so much trouble just getting into the village!?

Sighing, Loralle continued to ponder, not brave enough to just walk in on them.

Daniel would have laughed at her for a long time, hearing this news. She is the most powerful person on the continent of Mondal and she was scared. He would have called her pathetic!

But Loralle seemed unable to depend on her power like that. If she were to just kill everyone, she would have done that a long time ago, back when she had become the leader of the Water Tribe.

 

Loralle didn't consider herself the almighty powerful one...She did have some strange want to obtain different powers, but it wasn't to be powerful...It was more closer to obtaining it to free the people from the vengeance and for collection. To be precise, she has the complete fire, air, water and earth powers, then a third of the metal power…So her ‘collection of elements’ was nearly complete, making her become more excited!

But...In her 'collection', she thinks she has about ten...For instance, one is 'The House Power', then there’s 'The Pretty Power', and another is ‘The determination Power’…Actually, she is hoping not to only pick up the metal power from here, but another ‘power’ as well to add to her collection!

She just had to…Get in there first…

Nonetheless, yes, she is going to the Metal Tribe, so she’ll use her ‘determination power’ to figure out a way!

 

***

 

It took a while to come up with an idea, because she had been on purposely trying extra hard to not thinking of other things…But she finally remembered about her being about to fly now!

Unable to go under the ground, because that was where the Metal Tribesmen were, she had the idea, then, to try going above them instead! Haha! She couldn't help but think that she was smart!

All this time, she hadn’t used much of her other powers and Loralle had to spend even more time to get back into it, for it had been a whole year or so that they had been dormant.

As she finally got off the ground, using a strong force of wind below her feet, she smiled in wonder.

…It was the first smile in a long time, and it made her look human again…

She was still currently emotionally weak, but finally, she looked like she was finally alive!

Flying short distances for a time, Loralle happily got used to turning and spinning, while off the ground. It was so amazing that she wanted to fly forever!

Such an amazing power!

 

When she was sure that she could control her speed and not fall, Loralle flew towards the Metal Tribe village.

As she got closer, the pain from the metal power became stronger. Suddenly stopping, Loralle hovered in the air, as she took a deep breath in.

Not able to go further into the village, she took a sitting position, making sure that she continued the air power beneath her, so she wouldn’t fall back down to the ground.

While she tried to obtain more metal power, a Metal Tribal member had found her and ran off to tell another.

Not long after that, that person came back with others of the tribe.

Soon, ten people were looking up at her.

“Shoot er down!” One said.

A few of them got out a weapon and Loralle opened her eyes curiously.

Not only because they were going to use something against her but...Had they said 'her'?

She wasn't used to people knowing her gender, so it was quite a surprise!

 

What she couldn't see was, she really did look like a woman now, just that her clothes were a bit shabby...

The weapon pointed at her and she found something fly towards her. It was very quick, but now that she had been approved by the air power…She was also quite fast!

Her new agility quickly helped her fly to the side, making the air move her, she watched as the weapon continued and went beyond where she used to be.

These people can do long distance after all, she thought.

But she wasn’t surprised to their aggressiveness, after all they were like this when she had seen them through the earth.

When she looked back down at the people, they were shooting more objects at her.

Loralle got a big angry, she wasn’t really here to kill anyone but...It was a strange feeling, being angry at them for only the reason that they shot at her, as it wasn't something that normally made her this upset. But what she was feeling wasn’t because of these people at all. She was still upset about…The past.

…Sighing, she flew off, to think of another idea.

 

***

 

A day passed and Loralle flew back into the Metal Tribe. She quickly made a pit, filled it with magma, then built four pillars of earth coming out from it. On top of the pillars, she made a little hut. Then she sat down and tried to obtain the metal power again.

Just like last time, when several people arrived, they were angry!

Their yelling and swearing at her, made others join in to do the same, and Loralle couldn’t concentrate.

“Shut up!” She yelled angrily.

But they didn’t stop…

More so, something making clacking and clinking noises was starting to be heard…

She got up and walked a step, to the edge of the hut, to find something big coming towards the pillars beneath her.

Her first thoughts were that of awe…But, she remembered where she was and sighed. Honestly, she could leave at any time, but she wanted to see what this big metal thing will do.

 

Watching the strange looking, metal object stop before the magma, she saw three men pull and push something backwards, away from her, then move away after a clicking noise.

Curiosity overwhelmed her as she waited. What was going to happen? She was lightly jumping on her feet with fascination!

“Go!” Someone yelled.

Another person hit something on the device and the thing that was pushed back before, came towards one of the pillars below her hut. When it hit the pillar, it shook the hut, but it didn’t collapse.

Knowing her power was doubled, she looked down to see a dint in the earth pillar…

She laughed heartily. They weren’t strong enough, but their metal-built thing was really good!

She was also sure now that they hadn’t been accepted by metal element, because if they had been, it would have probably been easily ripped apart with the power this metal thing had!

 

With her powers as they were, she was no longer scared of them, but suddenly had to urge to play. She hadn’t interacted with people for so long and she really wanted to know more about this strange metal power.

“Ah, boss?” One of them said.

“Yeah, I know…Again!”

Loralle stopped laughing and said, “Wait! I do.”

With that, earth came up and pushed back the thing that three grown, strong men had to do the last time!

Silence filled the air as it quickly rattled into place.

Then Loralle nodded her head, “It ready, try again!”

They all looked at her in bewilderment…She was helping them defeat her?

“Go!” She said impatiently, imitating the boss.

Someone hit something and the same thing happened again. When it hit her pillar, Loralle nearly lost balance and she held onto the side of the hut.

She laughed again and looked down at the pillar. A bigger dent was formed, and it looked unstable. Her eyes grew wider.

The metal power was amazingly strong! She thought.

“Ah, Boss?” Again, someone said.

“Mmm…” ‘Boss’ replied.

 

Loralle smiled and looked at the boss. She pointed at the bit metal thing and said, “I like! Very good! Strong!”

Silence filled the area yet again. Suddenly, the ‘Boss’ laughed. “Yeah, it’s great n strong!”

Floating down to the ground, with air surrounding her, Loralle’s eyes sparkled as she stared at it. “Metal, strong!”

The ‘Boss’ smiled, glancing at a few others, “Yeah, Metal is strong!”

Then, suddenly, he took out his sword and went to slash at her. Others followed, by taking out their weapons as well.

Loralle laughed, putting an earth bound on herself and building a wall of earth around the people, including the metal big thing and her hut.

The sword hit the earth bound on her but didn’t penetrate all the way through.

Loralle then released the earth bound and flew to the top of the high earth wall around them and laughed. She wanted to see how long it would take for them to get through the wall…

“I want time.” She said, then flew outside the wall and tried to focus yet again on obtaining the metal power.

…Sadly, this didn’t work…

There were bangs, as the metal, strange looking object hit the earth wall, and the people who had come from elsewhere were yelling to the inside of the wall, to find out what was going on.

So, Loralle built another wall, entrapping those people as well, and went a little further away.

She hadn’t been able to obtain too much metal power yet! It was still a bit painful being where she was, so she was eager to continue!

They were very much a disturbance!

 

An hour slipped by and they had been able to break down the inner wall, only to find that another had been put up, just as the people outside of the inner wall had said!

So, they had started on the next wall…But more people had showed up near where Loralle was concentrating outside of the walls and there was more yelling and banging!

Another wall was created to entrap more people…Then, another two hours after, another wall was, again, created…

The Metal Tribesmen were exhausted, hungry and thirsty!

None of them had ever come across someone so…Annoying before!

Getting trapped within their own village was actually quite embarrassing! And one of those people was the boss of the tribe!

This person was really quite unable to get angry enough though. All this time, he had been thinking about the strange behaviour of this person, and he could see that she was very powerful. The fact that they weren’t killed, kept him calm, thinking that if they were to endure this embarrassment, then they should be fine.

…So, while many walls had been put in place, the people stayed calm because of the ‘Boss’.

They all adored their boss to ultimate means! They knew he was quite creative and thought about the village and its future.

Even though some lives had been snuffed out because of their leader, they saw the results that happened because of it. They weren’t talking about lives killed by the Air Tribe, they were talking about the knowledge learnt from obtaining some of the power by the field of big flashes.

In return to losing those lives, weapons had become stronger and ideas had started to become real.

But those deaths were foretold and even asked by their boss…

Knowing that their boss was someone that they could rely on to get better results, they followed his calmness and hoped that their boss saw that they could be of help!

 

It was dark when Loralle decided to stop obtaining the metal power, knowing though that she had not finished obtaining enough but…She was finished for the day…

Finally, she released the walls that the people were stuck in and watched how they all surrounded her in no time.

"You!" The 'Boss' yelled speechlessly, his hair in disarray and looking exhausted.

Loralle pointed to herself, "Me, hungry."

Again, she made everyone go into an astonished silence. The nerve!

Many of the people who saw her first that day, breathed out in defeat.

This girl...She's too much!

"Boss?" Again, someone asked.

The 'Boss' laughed, loud and clear and totally defeated. "Let's eat!"

The crowd dispersed, some eager to eat, some upset and embarrassed, some just following others…Then there were a few people that were still on guard against this strange, new woman…

"Great! Show me food!" Loralle said, excitedly.

She knew everyone ate different everywhere, now she wanted to taste the Metal Tribe's food!

"Right...Nathan, get the booze!"

Cheers filled the area and Loralle smiled while following them.

 

***

2