Chapter 11 ** Strange Circumstances **
61 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was the first party that Loralle had ever gone to!

But...Within the first hour of the party, Loralle had sampled their food and found it very unsatisfying...

There food consisted on being cooked underground or being burnt to a crisp!

The taste didn't seem something that she was used to at all and instead, decided to use other tribe's methods to cook the food to fill her belly.

At first, many of the Metal Tribesmen were upset and offended to her making faces and ignoring their food. But, as they tried the food that she herself did, they were quite astonished.

By the end of the second hour, the spread of dishes, made from two other ways, were all eaten!

Loralle hadn't been able to show them the raw ways of the Water Tribe but was able to light a fire to cook meat, instead of the metal power that burnt it. She also dried some meat, in which became quite popular!

Loralle found it quite funny that they liked something so much that was from what they think of as an enemy tribe!

 

Loralle was so happy that she hadn't realized that she had drank too much, as she drank their hard liquor like normal water. It did taste a little strange...But, everyone was drinking it!

It was the first time that she had drank alcohol, so she hadn't any idea on how to react to the strange feeling that started to go through her.

What she still could see, were some the vicious looks that some of the Metal Tribesmen were giving her.

They had waited and waited till this moment to act on their revenge!

How dare she intrude onto our tribe!

For the other tribal members not making those kind of faces, they had found something quite surprising. The magma underneath the hut, that she had created, had indeed some use for their tribe. A weapon had gone in there by accident, then a particular person had watched as the metal had gotten hot! The weapon became so hot that he couldn't even touch it anymore, so he had dropped his blade on the ground in haste, away from the magma, but it had still burnt his hand!

…And This person was one of the weapon makers...

 

When the walls had gone down, the weapon maker realized that his weapon had changed a bit. Dirt had gotten stuck onto it and it wasn't straight anymore. But, looking closely, and with eyes of a maker, he knew that this magma could be a help to improve their weapons!

Another couple of people looked at Loralle with curiosity, she hadn't killed them, just entrapped them. By the looks of it, she had the power to destroy them, but she didn't...Maybe, she could help them exterminate the Air Tribe!

The last lot of different looks were of males who fancied her or females who didn't.

Then there were their 'Boss's' thoughts...

He had heard what the magma had done to a weapon, by being told by the weapon maker, and also watched as Loralle introduce other foods and stayed relatively passive and silent...So his thoughts, they tended to lean towards Loralle in a favorable way. His eyes watched her very closely, liking her more and more as the time goes on.

None of that mattered though, when Loralle finally felt like she had enough...She felt really strange!

So, shakily, she flew up, not in a straight line, and tried to fly away.

People watched her, some getting out of their seats angrily, as she disappears. Some sigh in frustration, and some in relief.

But as the party started to continue, they heard laughter in the air above them. They looked up to see Loralle and her flushed face, again!

She tried to talk, "I got lost! Haha. Left, then back again! Haha."

She laughed while leaving again.

"Boss?" Said one.

The 'Boss' shook his head and laughed, not knowing what to say. This little minx didn’t match the power that she had in her possession in the slightest!

 

***

 

Loralle found herself uncomfortable and with a head ache when she woke up. Then she gasped at the view, knowing that this wasn't her house and she couldn't remember how she had gotten here...

She saw it as quite a spacious cave and a small amount of daylight entered from the entrance, from around the corner a few meters away.

Looking down, she found that she wasn't wearing any clothes and that they were all over the floor.

Uh?

She tried to move her head further around to look, but it hurt too much.

She put a hand up to her thumbing head, and thought, how did I get here? What happened?

Picturing the strange flavored liquid, she continued her thoughts, I'm never touching that stuff again!

Getting up slowly, she didn't find anyone around.

Looking out towards the exit, she was worried...

Closing her eyes, she tried to focus but, as she wanted to use the earth and air to see outside of the cave, her head hurt even more!

She wasn't able to see anything!

Sitting down, with a thump, unable to stop herself from noticing the bed had a metal frame, Loralle still continued to feel sick.

Never again!

How can people drink that stuff!?

Laying down, she closed her eyes, there was nothing she could do until she felt better.

 

***

 

A noise woke Loralle and she looked up to see a male. As he came closer, he turned his eyes away from her naked body but still walked towards her.

Uh?

"You're up! You've been sleeping nearly a whole day! Look, it's dark out now."

She stared at him, not saying anything. Was there a reason why he didn't look at her?

"Oh! Haha, you were a blast last night. Everyone adores you!"

Who was this person?

Loralle scratched her head.

She still stayed silent but the male shock his head in happiness, still looking away from her. "Ya are invited ta stay! After you and the boss left, everyone didn't stop laughing for ages, they had a great time!"

Uh? Is he…Talking to me?

"What?" Loralle asked, looking at the place that the other person seem to be talking towards…But there was nothing there…

 

The male stopped, a little shocked, "Ya dun remember?"
"I ate, Leave." Loralle explained, yet still wasn’t sure if she was the one that he was talking too.

Startled, the man couldn't believe how blunt her words were!

…Suddenly, he felt terribly sorry for the 'Boss'!

The male let out a small laugh, "That's all ya remember?"

"Yes." Was all she replied.

The male laughed uncomfortably, "Ok, first ya kept flyin around laughin. Then people started shootin at ya. But ya never got hit! Ya just told em 'More, try harder!' Haha. So, more shot at ya but ya continued ta laugh! Then ya threw somethin in the air n...It was really pretty, like liddle explosions...I'm really not sure what ya did but everyone watched as ya threw more n more...Then ya made a ball n hit people by throwin it at em. Haha. Then ya made more balls n ya dodged the ones thrown at ya! Haha so funny! After that...Ya made a big hole and put warm water in it. In front of everyone, ya took ya clothes off and went in! So, other people went in too! Really! Oh...We hudden seen anythin like that before aye! Then ya made water fall down, somehow continuously, from far away to go inta this hole, but then it overflowed! So, ya got rid of the water n filled in the hole, makin us think ya got upset and everyone else got upset too! But ya spurted water at them all, n said, 'Clean now' Haha, so funny! We all watched ya run around chasin a fire ball, then ya surprised us by usin the metal power! You were like a child, playin...With powers! It was...Amazin! Good show, good show!"

 

Loralle, by this time, had wide eyes and stared at the male in disbelief, "...Lies!"

The male put his hands up and shook his head, "No-no. Ask anyone, we all watched ya. I'm not lyin!"

"No. Lie. I not do that!" She yelled at him.

The male was stumped, why didn't she belief him?

"Why here?" She asked.

The male took a moment before answering, "Actually, more happened last night...This is the Boss's cave."

Loralle stared at him and waited.

The male lightly bit his lip, then said, "Well, ya danced n sang with us n ya..."

Narrowing her eyes, Loralle said, "What?"

The male coughed and sighed, "Maybe ya will find out soon."

With that, the male left in a hurry, not wanting her to ask him anymore questions. As it was, staying there while she was naked, could get him into a lot of trouble!

Loralle had no idea…How and what happened!?

Does this tribe...Make up stories? Is it...Another kind of power?

Being unable to remember any of it, she decided it didn't happen…Even though it seemed something that she might do, but how could she have acted as such? Maybe, they were all drunk...And, they all thought they saw the same thing!?

Loralle shrugged and let the matter drop.

She saw the food by the bedside and ate. Then, still feeling a bit strange and funny, she went back to sleep...

 

***

 

After that eventful night, everyone was very nice to her.

Loralle was very suspicious! Didn't they want to hurt her still, she herself had seen it on their faces that night...

But no one did, and it was the total opposite!

They tried to talk to her, but she put her guard up, and they casually walked away, letting her be, only making her try to guess why they acted this way...

It was very suspicious! And confusing! Honestly, she didn't know if she was more confused or suspicious...

Three days later, she was sitting and exploring the metal power, when someone came up to her, "Loralle, come n see."

She looked up to see the 'Boss' putting out his hand to her. Since that strange circumstance of finding herself inside that cave, she had not seen him as she had spent her nights back at her made earth house outside of the Metal Tribe. She hadn’t thought much into it, as that was where she slept, but the ‘boss’ had thought otherwise…

Staring at the hand, Loralle wondered what to do with it...

He bent down and took her hand in his, and said, "Ya said ya wanted ta see our special things, right?"

Uh?

Loralle couldn't remember asking that, as she stared up at him...But she smiled at the thought of it, as it was true...She did want to see them! Did he perhaps...Read her mind? Maybe that was another power that they had!

Truly, this metal village was full of strange powers!

 

"Yes!" Curiosity was overwhelming her already and she did not want to let the matter pass before her.

He pulled at her hand and she got up to follow him. She guessed his hand was actually to help her up. How nice!

Then, she noticed that the 'Boss' was still holding her hand...

Uh?

She tried to pull her hand away, but he held it tighter. Was there another reason he needed her hand?

She then suddenly remembered some of the people that she had seen through the earth, they held hands too...What was the significance of it?

He suddenly turned to her and grabbed her waist with his other hand, saying, "Dun be scared. Come n hava look."

The sudden closeness made her stiffen up.

Uh?

Being touched by others was definitely something that she wasn't used to!

She had no idea how to react, nor how to feel. She had seen a little of others do the same but...What does it actually mean!?

So many strange things have happened lately...

 

I must start using the earth and air power to see people more often again...

Her thoughts made her a little sad, because, she had used it very little, since leaving the Air Tribe. She never went far in her visions and she didn't do it for long. Loralle hadn’t wanted to see anything else that could be her fault and she didn't want to see anything that she didn't like.

The 'Boss' squeezed her hand and continued walking, noticing her being quiet and looking sort of down.

Loralle followed silently, as she heard a couple of whispers of jealousy and happiness for their 'Boss'.

Nothing...Lately...Made any sense!

Why are they happy for their 'Boss'? Why would they be jealous?

All this totally confused Loralle and she wasn't too sure on how to act towards them or their words!

...Maybe they were jealous because he really could read minds and he might be the only one with that power!?

From that, Loralle understood their jealousy as she would like a power like that too!

 

Finally, they stopped, and Loralle looked in front of her. Her eyes became wide and excited, totally forgetting her confusion, suspicion...And other thoughts...

The 'Boss' had been watching her expression, and smiled, "Ya like?"

She didn't look away from it, as she nodded her answer. She wasn't even sure what it was, but it looked fantastic! "Show!?"

"Haha, Very good! Boys, show ma lady the goods!"

She watched as they set off and saw that light flashes started to fill the air. They were somewhat stronger flashes, then what went through their caves, and she felt a slight pain run through her, even though she wasn't too close to it. Actually, what she saw was that, it wasn't hard to get things working, but they seemed to be very careful about it, in which took them longer to have the end result. Nonetheless, she continued to look enthusiastically at what it was in front of her!

It had something start to rotate, faster and faster now, it was large, having one bit of each side stick out of its body and it looked like it could carry people in it.

What was it!? What can it do!? Loralle wanted to start jumping as she waited impatiently to see what would happen!

 

The 'Boss' laughed happily at her obvious curiosity and pulled her into his arms. He put his mouth close to her ear and said, "We wun it ta fly...Like ya do!"

Loralle moved her head to his, not realizing how close he was because she was so fixated on this big object. "Fly?"

The 'Boss' only said, "Mmm." As he took her ear lobe into his mouth.

Feeling something weird, Loralle went to push it away with her hand, but it didn't stop.

What? Is he doing something to me?

He stopped and before Loralle could feel better, she felt strange on her mouth instead!

Uh?

While this was going on, the others saw this and left their 'Boss' and Loralle in peace, leaving the two of them alone.

Loralle moved her head away, and said, "What doing?"

Putting his hands up to caress her face, Loralle looked at him confused. She was still unsure on how she was feeling about someone being so close to her, let alone touching her...

If she wasn't wrong, what he had just done, was something that a male and female did when they liked each other. Wasn't it?

 

Loralle had never really paid too much attention to this kind of behaviour, but now she sort of regretted it. If she had watched more of it, she would have some kind of idea on how to act or be a little bit more informative about it.

He sighed and took away his hands, "I was told ya dun remember, but I sorta hoped ya would."

Loralle took a small step back, from being too close to him.

"What?" She asked, a little bit worried.

He looked at her, then away, then sighed again.

Putting a hand through his hair, he looked back at her, "It's fine...Wanna try it out?"

Loralle saw what he meant and nodded happily.

He got up, onto the metal base, and put out his hand to help her up.

Loralle looked at his outstretched hand, again. What was it he did last time? She had already forgotten how this action had been responded to.

"I'll help ya up, give me ya hand." He said patiently.

Actually, the Boss was named Mitch and he honestly liked this crazy, little minx.

Upon hearing that she could not remember much of that night, he was a little upset. Taking a few days to meet her again, he had come to the decision that he still liked her and wanted to be nice. He wasn't normally so lenient, yet, he wasn't a monster either.

But if this girl dun remember the great time they had tagether, then I'll make a great time that she can remember...N never farget!

Loralle took his hand and felt a bit happy. Not in a way Mitch would like, but she was happy because no one had helped her this way before!

…Yet, another new experience for her, and she liked it!

 

After everything was organized, the big metal thing let out more light flashes and Loralle noticed some rocks or stones that sat around at the front. It reminded her of the field with big flashes of light, in the middle of the Metal Tribe village.

Then, they lifted slowly into the air!

It was slow and looked like it wouldn't go very far, so, Loralle made a strong wind flow underneath them.

…Suddenly, they shot up and Loralle panicked, slowing the air.

Mitch laughed, "I knew it! Haha, look, now it's workin!"

Loralle looked out, to find that they were finally moving!

She slowly took away the wind and realized, that now, her air power wasn't needed. "Working! Working! Look! Look!"

Mitch laughed at her enthusiasm, "Yeah. We could never get it high enough...But, I thought you'd give it a liddle help!"

Loralle looked at him and nodded happily.

He watched her for an extra second before turning back around again.

This little minx is powerful, she's fun n she is interested in what I'm interested in. Definitely someone I want ta keep by ma side.

 

Mitch was really smitten...But Loralle had no idea!

"Air. Look. Air!"

They were now traveling close by the Air Tribe and they both looked down upon it. Mitch had thoroughly looked at the Air Tribe when he was on ground but being in the air was much better!

They stayed away from the giant cyclone, that reached to the sky, and hovered around while Mitch got a better idea of how the Air Tribe worked or looked.

"Look. Houses, I made!"

Loralle's voice shocked Mitch, as he could see the houses. Suddenly, he was worried that she was actually an enemy!

Because the Air Tribe were approved from the air element, the hatred that the Water and Fire Tribes had for one another, was not the reason why the Air Tribe was the Metal Tribes seemed to be enemies. The reason why the ‘boss’ thought the Air Tribe was their enemy, was simply because they wanted to be strong enough to defeat them! For as long as the ‘boss’ remembers, his family and other older families had stated peace and war between the two tribes, but in his own eyes, he had just wanted to try and beat his ancestor’s luck!

The pride that the Metal Tribe had, wasn’t just over their metal objects that had been created, it was over being strong…Yet…They had never been able to win any type of war against the Air Tribe!

Strangely though, this reason only made Mitch more eager to win against such a formidable foe! In fact, he had a lot of respect for the Air Tribe, but he’d be damned if he were to ever show it!

 

Mitch frowned, "Ya from the Air Tribe?"

Seeing anger coming from Mitch, Loralle was confused. "No. I, from water."

His eyes shot up in astonishment.

First, he thought, great! She's not an enemy! But then, he questioned her words, "Water?"

"Yes." Her voice was quiet, and he had hardly heard her short answer.

Mitch wondered what she meant...Water...What? Tribe? Are there more tribes out there? "Water Tribe?"

"Yes." She answered like before.

Mitch overlooked her quietness because he couldn't believe the news, "There's more tribes?!"

Loralle sighed, "Yes."

He turned to her, "Show me, let's go n see!"

She didn't want too! They were...She really didn't want to!

"Tell me! Which way?"

Loralle pointed in the direction of the Water Tribal village hesitantly, and said, "Far."

 

***

2