Chapter 17 ** The Journey Continues **
104 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arculas was having a tough time. His personalities were coming out fierce and strong, making him show many different kinds of faces...

At times like this, he immensely hated his father.

Being created the way he was, with different abilities and personalities, might seem fun...But Arculas was always in some kind of torment inside...

Being split up, the Elements hated it, but for Arculas...It was some kind of comfort or freedom. He openly went to cause mischief with the Elements willingly, to just get split up again in punishment.

His personalities often didn't mold together, and it was hard to endure…

Normally, it would take longer for him to become tormented, after becoming one again. But, this time, Loralle had set them all off in record time!

If he hadn't had left when he had, she would have somehow perished to three or so of his personalities! He could only do so much to hold them off with his body!

Quite easily they could have used powers...

 

If the Elements were to lose their vessel, they would have to get another...Which takes time, even with Arculas’s help.

Granted, it would be quicker then what Loralle took, but it would still take about a year to get the new potential vessel to become immune to all the elements and gain the power, so that they could become a complete vessel.

It was all just...Unnerving.

Arculas could not return to them until he...And his personalities, calmed down!

In the past, Arculas had tried to get a handle of them all, but never succeeded. He'd also lost one or two personalities at some point, but never knew how.

Another two personalities had disappeared from him when he had gotten into trouble before, which had scared the rest of his personalities, as they knew that they were quite invincible, yet they learnt then that they could still disappear.

…Arculas, even though he himself was immortal, with immortal type personalities, he seems to literally have many lives!

They were all immortal and should be able to withstand against anything but there was something out there stronger then themselves! That galaxy...Gave them all the shivers...

 

After that had happened, they tormented Arculas's own personality to never get into that kind of trouble again!

Arculas might be in control of the body but he was trapped within himself.

And that was why he hated his father, because his father was the one that had created him this way. He felt caged and overthrown in his own space, his own body.

But there was a difference this time...Normally, several different conversations or feelings would circulate in his head. This time, quite a few of his personalities seem to have one target...And that was Loralle!

They seem to be on the same wave length all of a sudden.

One wanted her to bow, one wanted to teach her a lesson, one wanted to kill her, and another wanted to slap her silly!

One was silently observing, and another was mumbling...

There was only one or two that were completely satisfied with Loralle, while another was not sure whether to like her or not…

Arculas was able to see a change...See that they could see eye to eye, but...They all seemed so angry!

All he could do...Was wait.

So, he climbed a tree, remembering that it was nice through the memories of Mahnu, and waited...

 

 

Arculas had still not returned but days had gone by. Loralle did get a bit upset and wondered if there was something that she should do.

She honestly thought that she was the one that had made him run away, so shouldn't she bring him back?

The Elements tried to talk her out of it but when that didn't work, they began to use force!

She would fly over the earth wall, push against the air with air and withstood the huge amount of water attacks with earth, all very easily!

They couldn't defeat her because of her immunity to all of them! And so, she slowly continued to get closer to the figure that was far away in a tree...

Loralle fighting the Elements had gotten that intense that she reverted back to her animalistic ways of skittering about randomly!

Earth continued to build walls in front of her and Air blocked her passage to fly over but Loralle would harness the metal power and punch the earth wall.

Then Loralle scooted behind Earth, forgetting her original objective now, and took the ball into herself!

 

Then she flew out, as the rest of the Elements got angry and found themselves being dragged forcefully along because their vessel was too far away. While they were questioning what they should do, they stopped and seconds later, Loralle appeared in front of Air and absorbed the ball into herself. Which left Fire, Water and Metal shocked!

She was a beast! Putting them away, how nasty!

But Loralle wasn't thinking much at all, she just knew that these little balls were in her way!

Drenched in water, yet at the same time her clothes were burnt, Loralle continued to scamper about!

She really only had two adversaries left, as Metal just watched and talked.

Knowing that they were being targeted, Fire and Water started to panic!

"Wait! Wait!"

"I concede, I do not want to get absorbed."

Loralle straightened up, "Oh?"

"Yeah, it's cool. Do what you want to do!"

Loralle smiled smugly, her friends were really nice!

 

But, her smile faded, they had got in my way! She rapidly went towards the fire and water balls and took them in at the same time...

The Elements were flabbergasted! Even when they gave up, she still...How was this fair!?

They wanted Arculas to make her a mindless slave this instant!

Metal was laughing when Loralle absorbed him back into her body and Loralle smiled.

"Loralle..." Earth was normally quite nice but now was having troubles staying that way.

"Yes, Earth?" Loralle answered, she sat down and breathed out.

"Let us out!"

"How despicable, treating us like that!"

Laying down, putting her hands under her head, she replied, "You started it!"

"We were watching out for your safety!"

"Yes, honey, Arculas could kill you easily, your still human!"

Loralle sat up...That's right, I was going to see pretty, new friend!

Standing up, she said, "I let you back out soon."

Looking around, she saw the tree even further away than before...It looked like she had completely lost track of her main objective!

So, she flew off in Arculas's direction, ignoring the Elements unhappiness.

 

Arculas had seen the shuffle between the Elements and Loralle and had been relatively impressed. She had held her own and won against them! How interesting!

Two other personalities thought the same, while another two were still angry at her...

Arculas was caught between disliking her and liking her...

Existing for so long, he was used to having trouble and when he needed to calm down, he calmed down. When he was angry, he waited. When things got intolerable, he encouraged the Elements into mischief.

Things would rotate into a boring routine and everything expected happened! Because they had done it before and most likely will do it again!

Being able to see the future made things worse, as the days became something more to feeling like weeks had passed instead.

But...Arculas had trouble seeing Loralle's future or thoughts...

Her actions were very instinctive and spontaneous. And when she was fighting just now, her thoughts had ceased to only think of one thing. The Elements had gotten in her way, so getting them out of her way became the only thing on her mind...But nothing else...

Normally you'd hear strategy's or thinking things through...Unknowingly, he had been enraptured in her fight because he didn't know what she was thinking and didn't know how it was going to end!

A boring existence...Finding something that was exciting...

Arculas no longer wanted to make her a slave…

 

Now, this new entertainment was looking up at him, from the bottom of the tree.

"Pretty man. Sorry." Loralle sighed in her head, she'd said it. "Still mad?"

Arculas nearly laughed and cried! That's it? That's all the effort she's going to use?

A part of him was happy to hear the apology and another part of him wanted to scorn her and still make her bow!

With his silence, Loralle pouted...

She'd come and apologized, which was something she's never done before, shouldn’t he come down, smile and say, 'It's fine'?

Maybe he could hug her and give her something to eat...

What if he's still mad!? What do I do? How should I make him feel better!?

Arculas didn't leave his post in the tree but heard her thoughts.

His personalities did as well, but anger was still there...

What was a little troubling, was that she really had no idea! She didn't know how close she had been to death days ago and she didn't know 'how to make him feel better'.

It was such a difference to when she was fighting before, that Arculas couldn't keep up...

Suddenly, the tree started to sway, and he was about to fall to the ground! Jumping down easily, away from the tree, he saw that power had been used to chop the tree at the base. He looked at Loralle, to see her smiling face and heard her say, "Better! Up there, no good!"

Sighing in his heart, Arculas shook his head, how had this girl lasted this long? Wasn't she afraid...At all?

He believed that he and the rest of his personalities might have a couple of interesting days ahead of him...

"Said, sorry!" Loralle pouted and folded her arms.

She liked the pretty man...But she wasn't going to say it again!

"Ok, I heard you!" Was all Arculas could say...She can be impertinent too...

Smiling, Loralle put her hands down to her side, already over the matter completely. "Very good! Haha."

Arculas shook his head again…

 

***

 

Over the next couple of days, Loralle let the Elements out again, but did it a different way. They weren't little balls anymore, except little elemental people. Of course, they didn't have flesh, bones or blood but they seemed a lot more respectable now to Loralle!

Air was nearly invisible, but Arculas put out a hand, to the ‘little air person’, and gave it a pretty light so that Loralle could see it better.

Actually, Arculas and his personalities seemed to come to the agreement of wanting to experience something different. After noticing that they were a little bored of the same thing over and over again, they listened to Arculas.

They were still hard to endure, nonetheless, but Arculas was a little more in control now, then he has ever been before. Maybe, being in existence for so long, there still might be something that could help to change some things…To him, Loralle was like a new planet that was freshly made, just before he would be split apart…He felt a small bit of freedom and felt like he would be able to not stress so much.

He didn't ponder on it for long, instead, stayed close to his new entertainment as she continued to fascinate him.

 

Earth suggested something that got Arculas's attention. And that was to somehow help themselves for the next time that they got split up again. But what could they do? What if they never come back to Kralaide after they leave?

They let themselves ponder over it for a time, before thinking that it probably was just a waste of time to worry about it...As, if they put up some type of measurement, to help them get back to being one once again, it might not matter because their father will most likely have some type of timer on them, like he had this time when they were punished.

So, after that, they wondered where they would go instead...Since they had only just become one once again, they first thought that they should start around their own galaxy, so not to get caught and punished again so quickly…

The Elements and Arculas were never in any major hurry though, they didn't see the need to rush into any direction or decision. After being created, those kinds of excitements sort of vanished after a few hundred years...So…These two discussions were talked over in days, instead of minutes…

Loralle, on the other hand, didn't seem to mind being on Kralaide anyway. She'd forcefully brought the Elements to investigate each and every town and Arculas would leisurely follow.

How could she not try the food and see how they lived!?

After all, that was one of her favorite things to do back on Mondal!

 

And so, it happens that the Elements, Loralle and Arculas stuck around Kralaide!

Loralle first looked around the closest town of Nowell. Arculas told her stories about the town and she never wanted to sleep!

No one, ever, had told her a story before!

And they were so good to listen too!

Her undivided attention caused Arculas and his personalities to like it...At first...

But, after the seventh night, he could no longer tolerate it and declined her every time she had asked to hear one!

She pouted, yelled and gave him the cold shoulder but he didn't tell her anything! Nasty!

She had grown so attached to those stories and he just suddenly stops...Loralle told him in return, quite adamantly, that she won't ever tell him any of her stories then!

She thought it was a threat...But didn't know that Arculas could read her thoughts...So, she didn't have to tell him! He'd find out whether she liked it or not!

And her thoughts were the reason he stopped telling stories in the first place! It was really her own fault that he couldn't tell stories anymore!

 

He would say something, a true spectacular event, one that shock the whole land of Kralaide...And she'd picture something totally unrealistic, that he could see from her mind, and he would forget about what he was talking about!

The amount of times that they went off topic drove him crazy! Especially when he was ready to lose himself to half of his personality’s memories, only to see something that had absolutely no relation to what he was trying to tell the story of!

She wanted to know about the 'God's powers', instead of 'The Siege'. She wanted to know why the prophets wrote a tablet and not show anyone, not understanding the crucial secrecy of it at all!

"Why, secret!?" Was her ultimate question...

The last time he tried, he was talking about Mahnu and Richard and she didn't have to say anything before he stopped and had finally given up! Her thoughts had gone to Mitch and her days at the earth house, guessing it would have been something like that!

And for some reason that he didn't understand, he hadn't liked that one bit!

It was strange though, he still didn't run away from her, he just no longer told her stories...

 

From there, to the other towns, she learnt about herbs and seasonings, and how grateful she was to them!

The food! Whatever she already had beforehand in Mondal, she tried again with these new ingredients!

Then she found out that herbs were used in making someone feel better when they were sick...So…She drank ‘booze’...

With herbs by the bedside for the morning, she drank herself silly!

Loralle, had never gotten sick before, as sickness had been very rare on Mondal. She didn't think that the 'sickness' she got from getting drunk was actually a self-inflicted sickness that people would look down upon. But that was the only 'sickness' that she knew of! Her thoughts were only on wanting to test the herbs out!

Of course, it was a lot of fun at her first party in Kralaide! She played with the Elements and fought!

She forced scared people nearby to join in and ate merrily!

But, after a few hours, she hooked her claws onto Arculas and didn't let him go!

He, not wanting to hurt his entertainment, had tried desperately to push her away but she would become as heavy as metal! Then, as hot as magma!

Finally, seeing his burnt clothes, he left her alone...

But he didn't realize what the drunken, little minx was like...

 

The morning after, once Loralle felt her headache...She had her ‘medicine’!

Not seeing it work straight away, she turned to the man beside her. "Not working."

Hopeless, utterly hopeless situation!

Arculas, absolutely, had no words!

He couldn't believe it, a God getting taken advantage of! He wondered if it had been worth turning his existence upside down and warped to the extreme, just to have this entertainment...

But he never ran away...On the idea of 'different' and 'exciting', he forced himself to stay!

While she had slept so soundly, he was literally shaking!

Anger, rage, shame, embarrassment, shy, happiness, excitement, curiosity, enduring, forced, unhappiness, depressed...

So many...

Arculas had taken the whole time Loralle slept to calm down! It had really been a catastrophe inside his head!

Was it really worth all this torture!?

He sighed, looking at her innocent face. For him, at that moment, it was like looking at peace. Here his head was going crazy...Then hers, hardly anything! She only worried about medicine not working, and that made his mind calmer than before.

Sighing again, he put his head down in defeat.

It was a hopeless situation…

 

Through Arculas's torment and heaven, they continued. She made earth 'people' in Havlish, to let the families who had died know that they weren't alone.

She jumped from one large rocky mountain to another, near Anddin.

Made Arculas fix the recent 'King' on the throne, who had killed the last King, so that someone from the 'royal' line was King instead. Loralle insisted to be the one to talk to the one that had committed high treason...

Why did he want to be the 'King'? Was he crazy?

Through her strange interrogation, she found out that he had no powers at all! He was just a plain human who seemed to cry to pain! Why then did he want to be King!?

She scratched her head many times over this question but never could answer it...Her father was really powerful, so she understood why he had been the leader of Water Tribe. But...Uh?

 

Then, when someone of the 'royal' line was found and then came to Conrella, Loralle questioned them as well! She absolutely thought that they had some kind of power!

But she was flabbergasted to find out that they didn't, they had nothing! No power whatsoever!

They were plain humans that had no power!

She got over her interest rather quickly after that! She decided that they were strange and happily got over it, especially since she decided that she could not gain any type of new ‘power’ from them...

Arculas realized that she wasn't particularly a good or bad person. He had initially thought that she had wanted to make things right...But he was stunned to find out that she ended up not caring at all when she found out that they had no ‘power’...

It was at this time, that he finally realized a huge weakness to Loralle…She loved power!

…Did she not realize or understand the power that the 'King' has got? If I told her, would she then want to be ‘King’?

Arculas continued to think that she really did confuse him, but it was indeed still a weakness. Knowing this, Arculas wondered about how he could use this weakness of hers to his advantage!

 

Finally, they were in the last town of Brackan, where she rode some animals...She rode a horse! It had hurt her because she was on it for so long, but she thought it was magnificent! She had never thought about riding an animal in Mondal! Here in Kralaide, riding on horses was normal, ha crazy!

To be more precise, Mondal had a lot less creatures on it then Kralaide. She found that there was a lot more variety of everything in Kralaide, especially...Flowers!

Only twice, Arculas had let her use pretty flowers on him, then he would not let them near him. Instead, when she would sleep, he would put them in her hair and around her body. And since he didn't sleep, he literally would make such an artistic point of it, spending hours making these flowers look absolutely perfect!

...But, Loralle would wake, messing half of them up!

The Elements would laugh hysterically and Arculas could only sigh in defeat, yet, he still seems to continue to do this...

 

The Elements on the other hand, seemed lazy, they caused screams everywhere they went but they continued to do whatever they were doing, as though the screams weren't happening.

Loralle thought it was really funny!

Had they never seen magma or water before?

They breath air and walk on earth, yet they scream at Earth and Air!

To her, it didn't make any sense at all!

She thought it was absolutely normal, yet never put herself in their shoes to understand that moving elements, was far from normal...

Instead of trying to understand their point of view throughout their journey on Kralaide, she would come up with different ideas with the elements on how to scare people instead!

 

She had trapped a few people in a maze, made by Earth. They had taken so long to find their way out that Loralle had gotten bored...

She also made Air stop people from being able to eat, by stopping their food reaching their mouths! Air didn't practically like this idea, so she asked if Air would comb some of the people’s hair instead...

Metal and Loralle had laughed many times, making skittering flashes to people who were dancing at night, making them jump and scream! The people wouldn't dance later, due to their feet hurting...

Water only had played with her twice, in one of those times they had been in Dragvie and suddenly, the town living in the desert was suddenly surrounded by water! The people were perplexed! They thought that some kind of monster had come to take their lives by swallowing them up! It was a very good show to watch, in Loralle’s opinion!

Fire happily did whatever Loralle wanted to do! She would secretly follow people, watching Fire follow them without hiding himself. They ran, screamed and tripped over!

Fire and Loralle had many times watched a poor soul run away...And through this, a phenomenon started, stating that The God of Fire was unhappy and that they needed to have a fire always lit inside of their houses!

 

Loralle learnt a few more things, partied, fought and owned Arculas completely!

They did not get involved in politics, nor did they stay too long in any of the towns. After they had their little play, they were off, leaving people unhappy and scared…

But all Kralaide could do, was to endure Loralle and the Elements strange behavior...But, like anything, Loralle seemed happy to move on when it became next suggested.

When it was time for them to leave and they had finally decided on a direction...They left!

 

***

 

(Note from Author: Hope you all are looking forward to meeting Loralle, the Elements and Arculas again at some point in 'Universal Creations'. Oh and I tried the new 'Poll' gadget...)

Between 'The Elements' and Arculas, who do you think would be more powerful?
  • Arculas Votes: 2 50.0%
  • The Elements Votes: 2 50.0%
Total voters: 4
2