9 – House Tour
2.8k 10 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A crisp, air-conditioned chill greeted Scott as he opened the door for Lynnira.

"This is the foyer."

Before they had gone around to the front of his house, he and the succubus had completed the job of sealing up the treehouse - apparently she had eaten all the candy already, so she only carried the flowers inside with her. She seemed to have a real sweet tooth, as she started asking him if he had any more chocolate on the walk over. The hammer he left propped up against the side of the tree, and Lynnira insisted on leaving the horned skull inside the treehouse... she still wouldn't answer any of his questions about it.

"Big house." the succubus remarked, giving an impressed whistle. She walked over to one of his mom's vases, putting the flowers inside it. "What, are your parents rich or something?"

"Mom's a surgeon." said Scott. "Really big, goes on like TV shows and stuff."

"And your dad?" she slipped his coat off - she had really only taken it to be cute.

"I don't know, I think he works at a gas station." Scott shrugged, taking back his coat and folding it over his arm as he spoke. "He lives in Alabama."

Lynnira nodded, understanding immediately. "Sorry, is that a tough subject?"

"I don't care, it happened when I was little." he put his hands in his pockets. "So, what do you want to see first?"

"How about your bedroom?" Lynnira giggled when she saw Scott's cheeks flush red.

"Scooooooooooootttttttttttt!!!!"

The sound of feet stomping down the staircase reverberated through the foyer. Mona was coming, and she was trying to be as loud about it as possible. She kept it up until she was in sight of Scott and Lynnira, stopping when she saw the newcomer. When she saw that the older girl's attention was on her, she hung off the railing shyly.

"Scott... I want breakfast." she said, her voice far quieter than before.

This your sister, huh?

Scott's head whipped to the succubus in surprise, eyes widening until he realized what had happened. Crap, he forgot she could do that...

"Who are you?" Mona asked.

"Oh, you don’t remember me?“

Does your mom have any siblings?

Again, Scott gave her a subtle response: he mouthed "no."

"You really don't remember?" Lynnira pouted with faux disappointment.

C’mon, gimme a hand here!

"No..." said Mona, swaying side to side as she clutched the railing. She too looked to Scott for help.

"Uh, remember Uncle Richie? Dad's brother?" Scott asked. Mona shook her head yes. "Well... this is his daughter. I, I guess this makes sense... You probably last saw her when you were... like, a baby."

Nice, way better acting than with the neighbor's last night.

Crap, she heard that?

"Mona, meet cousin..." Scott froze up for a second. "Cousin Lyn."

Lyn, I like that. Say, did you expect to like, not wake up the neighbors by nailing up boards so early in the morning? Stupid move, thinking about it...

"Shut up!" Scott whispered forcefully.

I mean, you could’ve been nailing me instead...

The teen blushed at that, red enough to make "Cousin Lyn" stifle a giggle. Mona stared at them like they had both gone crazy.

"Why's she here?" she asked Scott.

"I'm here to stay for the summer." Lyn said. "Came all the way from Alabama."

"Oh." Mona said. "Okay."

She scurried away as fast as she could. But, she did pop around the corner for a second.

"I'm going back to bed and I want breakfast when I wake up!"

The teen in question sighed. Lyn looked over to him, amusement on her face.

"Girl's a character, huh?"

"Yeah." Scott nodded.

"Are you her slave or something?" Lyn nudged him with her shoulder. He hung his head.

"Yeah..." genuine pain ran through that word.


"This is the living room."

A vast flatscreen TV hung on one wall, framed by a large, expensive sound system. Lining the other wall were small metal shelves, which housed an array of countless family photos and souvenirs from various vacations - usually ones Ms. Cordova had gone on herself. The other wall was home to a crowded bookshelf, and the one that faced out into the backyard had a door on it that lead to a little room that had nothing but a small table inside. It was where Ms. Cordova liked to smoke, and the sliding glass door that Scott used to get into the backyard was part of it too.

"Remote's right there, if you want to watch TV, or... anything." he pointed to the little coffee table that was in the center of the room, but Lyn wasn't paying attention. No, she was crouched down in front of the cream-colored couch, running her hands excitedly over the cushions. She pushed down on the fabric, testing how fluffy they were.

"Nice sofa!" she said. "Seems like a great place to do it."


"Yeah, this is the kitchen..."

Sleek and modern, it was a real shame Scott only ever used this place for making mac and cheese. There was a state of the art stove, double-capacity dishwasher, and all the little amenities: a Keurig, a panini press, an ice cream maker... they hadn't even used half the stuff, so far as he was aware.

Walking up to the cupboard, he swung it open, taking inventory... yep, just Kraft.

"So we pretty much only eat mac and cheese, if that's okay with you..."

"Nice counter!" Scott looked over to see that Lyn was observing herself in the polished reflection of the granite countertop. "Seems like a great place to do it."


"And... this is my bedroom."

During the tour, Scott quickly picked up on a pattern. He'd introduce Lyn to a room, try to explain something about it to her, but she'd immediately start judging the room based on how good a place it was to have sex. Every place so far seemed like "a great place to do it": the computer chair in his mom's office, the shower in the bathroom, even the ping pong table in the basement. So, when the succcubus leapt onto his bed and started rolling around in the covers, he knew exactly what she was about to say.

"Nice bed!" she scooched back, resting her head down on the pillows. "Seems like a great place to do it."

"Is sex..." Scott almost didn't ask, because the answer was obvious... and also, it was hypocritical. "Is sex the only thing you think about?"

Lyn sat up a bit, tapping her finger against her chin in thought.

"Yep, pretty much."

There was a pause. Scott looked over to his door... it was closed. Mona had said she was going back to sleep... if they were quiet, maybe they could...

"So, yeah, uhm..." his eyes moved all around the room, passing by everywhere but the succubus laying in his bed. "Uhm. When can we do that?"

Lyn perked up, smiling intently as she moved her hands to her chest.

"Why, I thought you'd never ask!"

The girl was already back in demon mode, horns, sharp teeth, and everything. Her clothes had turned back to tar too, and she was starting to peel it off, like the wrapping on a Christmas present... excited beyond belief, Scott moved to lock the door.

Of course, it just had to open. And smack him in the face, just for good measure.

"Mom..." Mona had the house phone pulled up close to her ear. "Scott brought a weird girl over."

Fuck! Fucking cockblocking little bitch! Right before I saw her boobs!

Scott recovered quickly from the shock, and looked over to Lyn. Her eyes were wide as they could be, and she was covering herself up as she transformed back. Thank God his sister didn't notice... man, he just couldn't have anything, could he?

"What do you mean a 'weird girl?'" Mona had put the phone on speaker, so Scott could hear it from where he stood, although Ms. Cordova's voice was tinny. "Scott? Is he there? Are you there, Scott?"

Mona gave Scott the most evil grin imaginable as she passed the phone over. Had she been listening in or something, and timed it perfectly just to screw him over? There was no time to theorize now... with a gulp, he raised the receiver to his ear. He and Lyn were locking eyes the whole time.

"What's going on here, young man!?"

"Yeah, uh..." Scott scratched his nose, scraping his mind for something, anything to get himself out of this situation. Lyn had called him stupid for nailing up those boards last night, but this cousin plan... this was her dumb idea!

"Well? Explain yourself!"

"It's... Cousin Lyn." he said, staring at the floor. "Richie's daughter?"

"Richie... your dad's... Richard had two sons, I don't remember any daughter. Either way, who the fuck said you could bring anyone over?"

Right then, Scott felt something on his shoulder: Lyn, who had somehow gotten up from his bed and walked to his side without him noticing. It made him jump, and she plucked the phone from his hand when he did.

"Hii!" she said perkily. "I'm sorry, what's the situation?"

"Are you..."

"Yes, it's me. The girl you said could come over?"

Scott opened his eyes a bit more. What was her plan here?

"Now wait a-"

"I'm Lyn, Richard's daughter. You said I could come over for the summer to stay, right? Because I just missed Cousin Scott so much, and I could help around the house, and with sweet little Mona here." at that, she placed a hand down on Mona's head, ruffling her hair. She, just like Scott, was absolutely lost.

"Hold on... yes..."

"You said I could stay in your room, too. And that Scott could use your credit card for anything I needed."

Scott understood what was happening now. There was some sort of magic in her voice...

"Ah, okay. You're Lyn."

"Yes. I'm Lyn." seemingly done, the succubus passed the phone back to the younger girl, who snatched it up.

"Mommy..." she was craning her neck up at Lyn, who towered over her. There was a look of suspicion on the little girl's face.

"It's just Cousin Lyn, dear. I told you that she'd be there, didn't I? She's going to be helping Scott around the house."

"You didn't tell me that!" Mona yelled, stamping her foot on the ground.

"Oh, I'm sorry. It must've slipped my mind. Speaking of which, the President of Panama slipped a disc, I'm going to have to go help him. And after that, Vladimir Putin needs a heart transplant. I'll see you and Scott in a while, sweetie."

"Mommmmmyyyyyy!!"

"Quit yelling, Ramona. You know mommy's a busy lady."

Ms. Cordova hung up. With a growl, Mona flung the phone at the floor, dashing off. Scott could hear her crying as she ran downstairs, opening up the front door and slamming it shut. She probably had left to be with Charlie, something she did every now and then when she was upset.

Eyes wide, he turned to Lyn, who was covering her face and heading for the door.

"Did you just... did you just Jedi mind trick my mom?"

After she pushed the door closed, Lyn turned back around. Twin streaks of red were gushing down from her nose. Half-limp, she staggered forward, then slumped against the wall and reverted to her demon form. Her breathing was rough and ragged.

"Jesus, are you okay?" Scott rushed to her side, crouching down and stroking her arm gently. "What... what's going on?"

"Fuck... I hate doing that." smacking her lips, the succubus didn't acknowledge what the boy said. "It leaves such a sour taste in my mouth."

Scott went to his desk, plucking a few napkins from the dispenser he kept next to his monitor. They were probably happy they were being used for something other than what Scott usually did with them.

"Take these." he said, passing them to her. She wiped away the red that was there with them, the nosebleed already having run its course.

"Thank you." she tried to raise up, but couldn't, so Scott stood and helped her to her feet. The succubus leaned on him. "Thanks again... I'm already feeling better."

"What... what exactly did you do?"

"Persuasion. It's a powerful spell, really hard to do... but I figured I'd end up having to use it at some point." the girl was already regaining her strength, as she was able to walk over to the bed herself, plopping down on the edge of it. Scott took a seat next to her.

"So..." he played with his hands. Eyeing him, Lyn smirked.

"Man, you really want to do it, huh?"

"Y-yeah." he said.

Lyn fell back on the bed, and Scott did the same. Oh man... he had never been so close to a girl before...

"S-so, are we...?"

"Yeah." she crawled on top of him. "We are."

21