CHAPTER 18: REFORM
600 5 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yami POV
---------
Yami: "You're back"

While I was in the king's office reading documents I talked to the ashes that had come in through the open window.

Darctalos: "Yes, my Queen"

Queen, somehow the Demons proclaimed me Queen.

Yami: (Good is better than 'Dragon God')

The ashes began to take the form of a man with gray skin and crooked horns.

Yami: "How was your visit to the heroes?"

Darctalos: "Quite refreshing, they were more in number, I couldn't kill any of them, but I caused quite a bit of destruction to their capital.

Yami: "Well, what about the defectors from the other races?"

Darctalos: "No reports at this time"

Yami: "I see, you can retire. The other demons need your guidance."

He bowed and elegantly left the room, and when he was about to continue working the door burst open.

Era: "Yami I have a question, what is the Sun?"

Yami: "Don't you have a teacher who teaches you?"

As if summoned by Era' teacher, Helen entered the room.

Helen: "Miss, don't bother her majesty with that simple question"

Era: "But I don't think the sun is like that"

Why they argue about the sun, I lose nothing in asking.

Yami: "What did you say the sun was, Helen?"

Helen was one of the women of the owl race who are known for their great hunger for knowledge, bowing, she replied.

Helen: "I answered that the sun is made from the power of the sun god who protects us"

How stupid is this? It's true that we are in an era where religion is too powerful.

Yami: "The outside calls Elenor, I have something to discuss with her and your answer is wrong"

Helen: "Eh!"

Helen who heard my answer was quite shocked I left the documents in my hands and devoted myself to answering her questions.

Yami: "Era you don't believe in God do you? For me I don't know if God exists in this world, but in my world he never existed and we had sunshine"

Helen: "So, what is the Sun"

Ugh, as expected from your race there is no way to stop it now that you can have more knowledge, I dedicated myself to teach you the theory of the 'Big Bam' until Elenor arrived with some officials of the kingdom and also the princesses that I had called before.

Newcomers: "She needed us"

They're in perfect sync.

Yami: "Lapis and Lazuli, did they bring the slave traders and the nobles who support them?

Lapis-Lazuli: "As ordered they are waiting in the audience hall"

Yami: "Well done, Elenor and the others from now on this country will not have a specific religion"

Elenor: "Yami that would cause quite a lot of trouble, most races worship the god of light"

Yami: "But what about the Devils, they don't worship him and I don't believe in God either, being forced into a religion you don't believe in is torture"

When they heard my words everyone began to imagine what it would be like to be bound by religion, so they all accepted, but there must be limits to those who require sacrifice.

Yami: "As far as education goes, there will be no talk of religion, Helen I will write a basic book on the basics and give it to you to share.

Helen: "Yes! Your Majesty!"

Seriously what do those idiots (heroes) do with the amount of time they had they could make a steam engine or something.

Elenor: "Surely they are contained by the church, if you expand that kind of knowledge the church would lose power"

Yami: "Stop reading my mind, and how is the farming and livestock going"

Official: "It is progressing quite well, the monsters that serve as cattle are quite profitable and the silver monsters also with the variety of magical fruits that they have"

When I thanked them, I asked them to continue with their activities. By the way, Elenor became the Commander of the army and Era its sub-commander, but she has to learn several things first.

After that, I'm heading to the audience hall together with the princesses.

Yami: "So you are the slave traders"

Merchant: "Young lady, who are you?"

There were all ages and types from legal to illegal, young men to old women.

Without answering the merchant's question I went to the throne where I sat and let out a little dark aura the princesses stood one on each side, which the merchants made clear who it was and immediately knelt down.

All: "It's a pleasure to meet you! What can we do for you?"

Yami: "A simple favor, please die"

With those words everyone's faces contracted, as they didn't understand anything I proceeded to explain.

Yami: "As you know this country is allying with the Demons against humanity and we need all the support we can get, that's why we will make an example of you"

Merchant: "An example? What kind?"
Yami: "That slavery is now non-existent in this country, don't worry only you will be the ones executed your families will not be touched and your children will inherit your businesses and change them for the good of this country, when you were called some soldiers stayed to explain to your relatives"

When I finished my explanation one of the nobles stood up and started to shout.

Nobleman: "I refuse! We did our best to keep this country alive, we gave our devotion to the king and we will be rewarded with death! Don't fuck with me!
Annoyed, that's what I thought when I heard him, so I stood up and took him by the cheeks and doubled his stance so he could see my face directly and I spoke.

Yami: "It's a pity, because the king you gave yourself to is a scumbag who is very dead, you are miserable selling your own kind to be able to live, no shit! You're the person I hate the most."

I inadvertently let go of my killer instinct and the poor nobleman was about to faint.

Yami: "Rejoice! In my hands the worst punishment is not death, in comparison it is a reward, now many must think that this will cause a rebellion, let me say a few words.

I do not care!

If one rises up we will destroy it and we will make an example of those responsible, that is all, go and say goodbye to your families".
I turned around and left the room and headed to the office when I met Darctalos on the way, the princesses went with other officials.
Darctalos: "My queen was looking for you"

Yami: "What do you need me for?"

Darctalos: "The answers from the other three races have arrived."

Yami: "Excellent! What did they say?"

This guy is a good butler and advisor, I see why the former Demon King hired him, I feel guilty for eating his heart"

Darctalos: "The Dwarves agreed, they only care about the materials we can offer from the north"
Well they're Dwarves hahaha.

Darctalos: "The spirits declared themselves neutral, after all they don't have countries, only those of dark attribute are on our side, and the Elves they are against, they didn't even give us reasons for it"

I knew it, the Elves are a proud race, more so than the Humans.

Yami: "Looks like I'll have to go visit them personally"

What a great way to get away from work!

18