CHAPTER 19: UNCLE AND FIRE
665 11 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Darctalos: "Are you going to go yourself?"

Yami: "Yes, but first, have they opened the safe yet?"

In the castle's safe there is a weapon, the [Spear of Treason], it was the weapon that had the magic fire stone, it was called that because it was used in a failed revolution.

The reason why we can't open the safe is because it needs the mana of the owner who is the late King, of course I could destroy it, but that would activate a spell that would teleport all the contents to random areas.

Darctalos: "Actually that's what I was about to tell you, we opened it, but when it was opened it released an overwhelming and embracing magical power that doesn't allow us to get close"

Yami: "That's to be expected after all it's the magic stone of a Dragon King, I'm going to see it"

Without waiting for Darctalos' answer I headed for the treasure room, just crossing the door felt incredibly heavy and burning that I could not move as I wanted to.

But it is bearable since Darctalos can't even come close, around there are some burnt bodies that couldn't move from their places and died by the magic power.

"Child, who are you?"

(What, someone called me?)

The voice was deep and majestic with an arrogant tone but it didn't feel unpleasant.

When I looked up I could only be amazed, what was up on the roof was a... Dragon.

It was about fifty feet long, its scales were of a radiant crimson, and it unleashed an imposing and overwhelming aura, and the most important thing was composed of manna and a soul.

Unlike the other souls I have seen this one is as clear, as if he could reach out and tear me apart if he wanted to.

"Child, I ask you again, who are you?"

Yami: "I am Yami, the last descendant of the Dragon race"

The pressure was high so I hesitated a bit.

"The last scion? Don't make me laugh, as our glorious race may be left with only one newborn?"

Yami: "Newborn? I don't understand how she knew she was newborn.

"It's quite simple, when one of us is born we have the human form, if you present yourself as a dragon it means you've just been born"

So it wasn't just me, all the dragons went through the same thing, right he could answer a lot of questions.

Yami: "Are you right I'm just a month old newborn, so you know how I'll grow up?"

When I finished my question the scales came off my body and my hair and eyes returned to their natural color.

"Oh, you're only one month old, that age to me you're just a fetus, but you've already started to transform, that would only be when you turn thirty years old and the color of your scales, means you're the daughter of the Dragon of Light, she had a black egg and her son said he would be one of the kings"

Yami: "The Dragon of Light? It's true that I woke up in the mountain where I lived, but I have no information that it's my mother.

"You're right, but first of all how long has it been since my death? It's too confusing to talk without knowing that."

Yami: "About that, it's been a millennium since that and according to history all dragons are extinct"

"One millennium, and everyone's dead, my poor sister couldn't see her daughter born"

Yami: "Your sister?"

"Yes, the six kings, we were all brothers, which makes your uncle my dear niece."

A family? Here I have a family in front of me.

Yami: "Wait, I'll get a body right away and bring you back to life with necromancy"

"Wait."

When I turned to run out of the room I was stopped.

Yami: "Why?!"

"It's too late, four years ago the weapon that held me captive broke, but, thanks to it my soul began to crumble this small size is the proof, the size of a common dragon is a hundred meters, and the size of kings is two hundred and fifty meters"

That this is madness Fafnir would not be just a chick in your presence, his soul is crumbling?

I immediately used my eyes to make sure, but everything he said ended up being true, my manna would never be able to heal even a scratch.

Yami: "So what can we do?"

"Nothing, nothing can be done in this situation, so I'd like you to send me to the other world and use my magic stone as you wish"

He knows there's no way to revive him, but what I'll do I have no way to send him to paradise.

Yami: "I can only give you eternal rest, without the possibility of you returning to the cycle of death and reincarnation, is that okay?"

When I finish my words, I look down, pulling out my scythe.

"It's okay with me, what's the point of staying if I can't have fun by myself?"

Yami: "Haha, you're right!"

As I raised my scythe, I asked my last question.

Yami: "Who killed you?"

"What, you're going to take revenge? I can see from your eyes that yes, they were humans who called themselves 'Heroes from another world' and a millennium later you care?"

That's how they beat the dragons, the bastards used us as weapons from the beginning, aaaaaaaa what happiness I can kill them with more suffering.

Yami: "They founded their own country and I will destroy it, goodbye uncle"

"I see, niece you have good instincts and ferocity, take care"

"YES!!"

Putting my gun down, he disappeared with what I thought was on his face, a smile.

I got rid of my weapon and went into the safe, there were hundreds of treasures and hanging over them was a platinum spear with a large ruby gem embedded in it, I reached out and grabbed it.

Now the overwhelming color was warm, comfortable and simple.

I left the treasure room and went to where Darctalos was waiting for me.

Darctalos: "Queen, what happened?"

Yami: "Nothing, I'm going out for a while"

Darctalos was silent and after a while he bowed and dismissed me.

I jumped out the window and used [Walk in the Sky] to head south, using all my strength I reached a forest where no presence was decreed, it took me five hours to get there and my maximum speed is unknown.

Yami: "The 'heroes', it turns out that my whole family is also dead in this world, it's depressing but there's nothing to do but take revenge for them"

I took the magic stone to my mouth and swallowed it gladly.

"Ugh~"

The effect was immediate and my body began to burn, it was not like Himari's poison, it was much worse than I could not help scratching my neck with my nails and tearing it making my blood fall to the ground and my body also fell and finally my consciousness began to fade as I watched a strange black fire spread.

----ಠ_ಠ----
The heroes met in a few hours to discuss the issue of the new 'Demon King'.

Hibiki leading the meeting with this Himari, who only came to the meeting to pass the time, the other Heroes had become noble and were only concerned about money and the expansion of their territory, they were blaming the masters of the three apprentices who failed in the conquest.

When the meeting rose up in murderous screams and instincts a royal guard opened the door and without concern for the others watching began to scream.

Guard: "My King, the forest to the north is on fire! Please we need the wizards who can use the ice element and the 'Saint'"

Everyone was silent and suddenly began to laugh out loud and then unleashed their anger.

"For a simple fire you disturb us! You have no shame!"

"And demand that we do something!"

All but four of them began to shout, one of them got up and walked silently towards the soldier, it was Himari with a calm and gentle voice I asked him.

Himari: "What is the reason why I should go? If I need to go, it's not a simple fire, right?"

Everyone calmed down and alternated their gaze between Himari and the guard.

Guard: "He is right, the fire is not simple at all, the fire is black and spreads at great speed, if someone is touched he will start burning quickly and will have curses of great power, which the intermediate level priests cannot remove"

The spectators were silent, they had never heard of black fire that could give curses, Hibiki quickly stood up and exclaimed.

Hibiki: "This is a serious situation! Call the wizards of the cut and we'll come too!"

Himari: "Send a messenger to the temple! And send high priests to the place!"

Everyone began preparations, but it was too late, the flames had already consumed dozens of villages and hundreds of people, making even their souls suffer.

The forest where Yami arrived was the largest in the human kingdom and the hunting ground for young adventurers and novice soldiers, and with this fire the war potential of mankind was rendered unusable.

20