Vol 9 Chapter 305 – Blooming flower [END]
799 6 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

XH 305 - Blooming flower

 

Long Ming Que woke up with a different set of memories, and it was quite a heavy load of information for a five-year-old's brain.

 

The other set of memories belonged to a seventeen-year-old girl by the name of Bai Que, who had died from a car accident. It was all because of an argument with her mother that had her run out of the restaurant that she was not invited to in anger. 

 

Long Ming Que wondered if Bai Que's mother would feel bad about her death or glad to finally get rid of her past baggage?

 

Bai Que missed her dad that treated her like a princess, and half hoped to meet her dad again after she died.

 

However, she was reincarnated as Long Ming Que without having the chance to meet her father. This was an ancient world where technology had barely been created yet. But Long Ming Que has a much greater life than Bai Que for having a handsome father and a pretty mother that loves her.

 

She even has two grandpas that adore her very much. Her twin brother was smart and more sensible than an ordinary five-year-old. 

 

Bai Que was willing to stay here, where she was loved, than the place where she was treated as an unwanted person. Bai Que was willing to be Long Ming Que and dumb down her brain to indulge in acting like a kid so that she can act spoilt towards her pretty mother with a sweet smell. 

 

Long Ming Que found it hard to act spoiled towards her father because he was a very handsome man, which was not good for her heart. Maybe in time, she will let go of her reserves and be a proper daughter.

 

Long Ming Que had decided everything in a span of a day, only to discover that her changes did not go unnoticed.

 

"Ming Que, you got your past life's memories?" Her pretty mother asked with her grey eyes filled with concern for her daughter. Ming Que had never known why her mother's eyes were different from theirs, only that it was from an accident.

 

Long Ming Que was surprised at the question and quickly came to conclusion. "Mummy has it too?"

 

Her pretty mother looked sad as she nodded. "Yes. Your name… is Bai Que?"

 

"That is no longer my name. My name is Long Ming Que now. Mummy forget my name?" Ming Que was willing to act this way, not wanting to create a distance between them. 

 

"No, I won't forget your name." Her mother sighed gently and rubbed her daughter's head. "I have something to tell you."

 

Long Ming Que had expected her mother to tell her that it was a family technique to remember their past life but never had she expected a tale of World Spirit's machinations.

 

And Bai Que's father was actually grandpa Bai Chuan.

 

Xiao Hua sighed and sank into her husband's embrace at the same time Bai Que and Bai Chuan had their tearful reunion.

 

"I don't know how I should act after this," Xiao Hua finally said after a long silence.

 

"Like a mother," Long Zhu answered. "Regardless of her past life, she is now our daughter, Long Ming Que. That is a fact that could not be erased."

 

Xiao Hua arched her neck and kissed Long Zhu's cheek. "I'm a little jealous of Papa Bai."

 

"You still have me and Xing Fu," Long Zhu easily said. He had long prepared himself for the day where his daughter would remember her past life. The World Spirit would not leave things this way. 

 

"Hmm." Xiao Hua agreed languidly.

 

"As long as she needs her parents, we will be there for her," Long Zhu continued. 

 

The room once again filled with silence before Xiao Hua moved, turning to face Long Zhu while still in his warm embrace. Her husband was clearly surprised when she suddenly kissed him purposefully to ignite his fire. 

 

After they thoroughly kissed each other, Long Zhu broke the kiss with a warm gaze. "Not that I'm not happy with you throwing yourself at me, but what's the occasion?"

 

Other than using him to forget her pain?

 

Xiao Hua smiled saucily, her lips that had been kissed were swollen and red as if they had been painted with red rouge. It reminded him of certain role-playing they had years ago.

 

When someone, without warning, sat down right at the very warm spot, something that was originally soft quickly grew hard, making its presence known. The vixen continuously grounded onto the increasingly hard object and Long Zhu's hands landed on her hips, unsure whether to let her continue or not. "Wife."

 

His tone was filled with warning, but Xiao Hua was not afraid at all and even worked hard to fan the flames until it burned them both.

 

Licking her swollen lips like a seductress, Xiao Hua asked invitingly, "Let's have another child?"

 

Long Zhu's answer was to press her down and make sure they have their third child conceived at the same night. 

 

When the twins were six years old, they had a new younger brother, Bai Cong Ming. 

 

Unoriginal name, but Xiao Hua wanted her youngest child to be smart in knowing how to be a proper son at least!

 

Xiao Hua was still jealous of Bai Chuan and Long Ming Que's close relationship.

 

Heise, the out of closet gay Emperor, finally picked his next successor, his nephew, Long Xing Fu. Xiao Hua knew that her eldest son was a man of principle and would do well in the path of being a sensible ruler. But she was reluctant to have her son encounter the dangers of machination and assassination.

 

In the end, she supported this decision after Long Xing Fu voiced his opinion to his parents.

 

At the age of ten, Long Xing Fu was sent to the capital to learn things he needed to know to be a wise Emperor. Their family started to stay at the Long Zhu's manor in the capital for a month every year just to accompany Long Xing Fu, with Bai Chuan staying behind to resume being Bai patriarch during Long Zhu’s absence.

 

With their eldest son's career decided, it was Long Ming Que's turn. Their daughter was in a dilemma whether to be a doctor or be the first female official. Her twin supported her being official because that would mean she will be staying at the capital with him. 

 

"Mummy~" Long Ming Que still acted spoiled towards her mother even at the age of seventeen. Although she loved her previous life's father, he could not replace the maternal love given by Xiao Hua.

 

In the end, Xiao Hua's position in Ming Que's heart topped Bai Chuan, unbeknownst to anyone but Yu Zheng and Long Zhu. 

 

The woman at the age of thirty-five that still maintained her early twenties looks smiled at her daughter that was catching up to her height. "Yes?"

 

Long Ming Yue was really satisfied with her beautiful and sweet mother. "Mom, what do you think I should do?"

 

"What do you want to do?" Xiao Hua directed the question back to her. 

 

Long Ming Yue pouted. "I'm asking you, mummy~"

 

Xiao Hua laughed. "You should remember you have a younger brother that can inherit the family business. So just do what you want and shock everyone."

 

A gutsy female official will certainly make the morning court more exciting. Heise was certainly very much looking forward to it and even coming out with story plots of the female officials dressing up as a male and bending men here and there.

 

But Xiao Hua refused to let her daughter pretend to be a man to be an official. Elevating female status in society was a good motive, but they should never be secretive as if her daughter was doing an illegal thing. 

 

As for Long Cong Ming, the youngest child of Xiao Hua and Long Zhu, he has the talent and interest in medicine despite only being eleven years old. He was a prodigy that lives up to his name.

 

Xiao Hua was even more excited that Long Cong Ming was extremely filial to his parents, even more than their eldest son!

 

Because of Long Cong Ming's talent and direction of his future, he was expected to be the next Bai head after Long Zhu retired. 

 

With her future decided, Long Ming Que immediately moved to Guilin capital, not feeling embarrassed at all for freeloading in the palace, where her family were in. Even if there were people demeaning her worth, claiming that she used her connection to get her position, she was not ashamed for it was the truth. If she was not the Emperor's niece and a transmigrator that had up to high school knowledge, she would not even be able to sign up for the scholar examination. 

 

With her family supporting her, Long Ming Que can face anything!

 

Even if they were busy in the capital, the twins would frequently return home to visit their family and to eat Bai Chuan's cooking.

 

"Mom." A cute boy with fair skin and healthy blush on his cheeks walked towards Xiao Hua with a large snow wolf walking beside him, ready to let the boy fall on him if he tripped. "Dad says it's time for dinner."

 

Xiao Hua shortened their distance and picked up the cute boy and gave him a smooch on his baby cheeks. "Thank you, Cong Ming~ You are such a good boy!"

 

The visiting Long Ming Que looked sour at her mother's clear bias towards her younger brother. But she understood that no one could dislike the adorable and obedient Long Cong Ming. 

 

Xiao Hua smiled as she looked back at her daughter. “When you go back to Guilin capital, we will be following along. It's been a while since we saw Xing Fu. We will also take this chance to have your dad take a long break from work."

 

Long Ming Yue nodded with a bright smile. "Okay!"

 

Xiao Hua carried her youngest in her arms with her daughter trailing behind her as they went to where her family was gathered around the dining table, waiting for her to arrive. 

 

Seeing Long Zhu smiling at her, clearly waiting for her arrival, Xiao Hua returned with an even brighter smile that resembled a blooming flower.

 

Xiao Hua felt that her life was already fulfilling. She has no complaints and regrets. She already has a loving husband and worry-free children. How would she dare to hope for more?

 

???

 

The 21st Emperor announced his retirement at age fifty and passed the throne to the Crown Prince, Long Xing Fu. Despite still looking like he was in his early forties and with a healthy body, Heise felt that he had done enough and could not wait to spend his days at Bai land with Xiao Hua and the others. 

 

On the day before the coronation, Heise called the Crown Prince over to pass on his last word as the Emperor of Guilin. 

 

"Imperial uncle, this is…" Long Xing Fu stared at the very thick scroll with a complicated locking array on it. He was wary of this scroll that was given to him by his Uncle Emperor, who was spotting a serious look instead of the carefree smile he always had.

 

If Xiao Hua was there, she would have recognized the scroll. It contained the blueprint of a weapon she had convinced Heise not to create. But this was clearly much thicker scroll as Heise had added in all the modern weapons he vaguely knew how to be created.

 

"This scroll contains the method to create some dangerous weapons. I'm leaving it to you to protect it. Under no circumstances would you open it and make these weapons. Consider this as the very last resort if an apocalypse happens. After the second last opinion as to the spiritual energy barrier that each Four Kingdom has exhausted. Do you understand?" Heise questioned sternly.

 

Long Xing Fu tightened his grip on this very important scroll. "I understand."

 

Their world will be peaceful for decades, centuries, or millennium, but Heise will leave a method for humans to at least stand a chance when the day the Gates opens. 

 

THE END

With this, I conclude the end of Xiao Hua's journey~ *bows*

Thank you everyone for reading 'The Dragon's Flower' till the very last chapter! Your votes and comments helped me to continue writing this far. Also very thankful to my patrons and readers that donated to me, which helped to boost my mood to write <3 Very much so!

I will put this novel as 'complete', but there will be side stories of Yang Ling (1 chapter) and Long Lian (5 chapters) after this! The other side stories (Bai Chuan, Heise, Da Bei) will only be available on my Patreon page!

As for Wan Ting's story, I will be making it stand alone and will have its own book due to its long chapters. I'm still writing it. Below is the summary!

Title: Second Flame of Romance

The first man she fell in love with was one-sided on her part, and it ended up destroying her father's career.

The second man she fell for saved her family from harm, but also the one she knew could not end up with.

After her first heartbroken experience, Wan Ting was being extra careful with the second man that quickly occupied her heart without much warning. Not intending to confess her heart once again, she decisively avoided Prince Heng to prevent her heart from being trampled again.

No one in the Guilin Kingdom does not know that Prince Heng only loved the Empress Dowager and remained unmarried, not even taking in a concubine.

But when the evil sect had their eyes on Wan Ting's Flame Spirit and planned to take it away from her even at the cost of her life, she could only rely on Prince Heng for her safety.

While being rescued, with her chastity in danger, Wan Ting saw an opportunity to tie Prince Heng to her side. With trembling pupils and racing heart, she wondered if she should take the opportunity presented to her.

She just hoped that she would not regret her decision.

 

10