Chapter 4: Your Highness, You Are Choking Me (Remastered)
7.2k 10 132
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Dawn Rift World had a total of four continents, each separated by the waters of the Dawn Sea and ruled by individual kingdoms.

 

To the north was the Pearl Continent, ruled by the Pearl Kingdom. In the east was the Ivory Continent, ruled by the Ivory Kingdom. In the south was the Crystal Continent, ruled by the Crystal Kingdom. Lastly, in the west, was the Jewel Continent, ruled by the Jewel Kingdom. 

 

The world was dictated by magic, and people who wielded it were known as a magus. Every magus was born with a grimoire which gave them the rights to use magic. Magus of this world were separated into levels: Caster, Marker, Virtual Aspect, Manifest Aspect, Wisdom King, Heavenly Deva, and Mahayana Lord. 

 

This world had many magus, billions in Caster level, and as the level increases, so does the number of experts in that level. This world only had four Mahayana Lords, the kings of the continents. 

 

......

 

In the imperial palace of the Ivory Kingdom, a young butler was running around the halls before deciding to hide in a room. Loud footsteps could be heard outside the room, but it slowly faded with time. However, he could hear the voice of a little girl screaming out his name and telling him to come out. He thought about leaving his hiding spot, but the sounds of the footsteps of the maids stopped him from moving. He continued to sat where he was. 

 

The young butler was Yang Yang, while the little girl was Ivory Jasmine, the second princess of the Ivory Kingdom. It has been three months since he began his new life as a butler. Originally, he thought that being a butler would mean that he served the princess, but he would at least get free time every now and then. After all, the second princess had hundreds of maids. 

 

However, in these last three months, Princess Jasmine has ceased to stop playing with him. Every morning, she would wake up before him and pester him. Every noon, she would eat lunch where he ate. Every night, she would have him read her bedtime stories for hours before going to bed. Everyday it seemed less like he was her follower and more like she was the one following him. 

 

This was one of the very few occasions where he had more time than several minutes to himself, excluding sleeping time, bathing time, and toiletry time. Although, during those times, he would get a tingly, creeping sensation. 

 

"Good thing I suggested her to play hide-and-seek with me. Although I have to leave at some point, it's a real, good feeling to find some peace. Hmph, you brat. You think you can possibly find me, the Scion of Life? I've been escaping and hiding from that crazy chick Fei Fei for most of my life. Way long ago before your dynasty was established!"

 

Yang Yang sneered. "Ah. My aura of life is way too much for this girl. It's really no surprise that she, and those maids, follow me around so often."

 

As the Scion of Life, Yang Yang's aura was pure and comfortable. All living things had a natural feeling of comfort and longing when around him. This was the case for all Life Magic magus, but Yang Yang was the only person in existence who could attract the goodwill of so many people to such an extent. He sighed over his deadly charm. 

 

Eventually, he heard the sound of crying so he exited the room and rushed to the cry. 

 

......

 

In the garden of the imperial palace, Princess Jasmine was hugging her knees together with her head down. Yang Yang approached her. 

 

"Your highness." The princess jumped and hugged him. Her cries blasted in his ears and snots covered his shoulder. "Your highness, please cease your crying. What are you crying for?" 

 

As he patted her back, Princess Jasmine was tongue-tied over her response. "Well, I thought you disappeared forever!" 

 

"Your highness, I would never." 

 

"Liar! You didn't come out when I told you to! That's treason!" 

 

"Your highness, I would never. Please keep your voice down." Yang Yang thought to himself, "This crazy kid wants me dead!" 

 

"Your highness, that was simply a game. If I showed myself like that, the game wouldn't be fun." 

 

"Well I didn't have fun anyways." The princess hugged him tighter. "If I don't have you by my side, there would be nothing fun." 

 

"Your highness, I am flattered. Could you let go, please? It's a little tight." Yang Yang tried to coax the princess off of him, but she wouldn't budge. 

 

"No! No! No!" She hugged even harder, even using magic to enhance her strength. 

"Ah shit." Princess Jasmine's strength was squeezing the air out of him. Yang Yang tried to remove himself, but his magic power was even less than the princess. From what he knew, she awakened her grimoire a year before he did. Although his soul was ancient, this body was fresh. "Your Highness, yo-you are cho-choking me..."

 

Eventually, he fainted. The princess let go when she felt his body went limped. "Ah! Yang Yang, Yang Yang! No! Maids, come here! Now!" 

 

The princess called her maids out of panic. Dozens of maids rushed to the garden with panicked expressions. 

 

......

 

Within the Dark Void, a black mist was rushing toward a certain direction. Within this black mist were trillions upon trillions of faces and beings. There were demons, ghosts, dragons, rocs, fishes, zombies, resentful spirits, hateful souls, fallen angels, fiends, and several more kinds of entities. 

 

Leading them was a pale girl with white hair and pitch black eyes. She stood on a giant crow that flew along with the dark army at speed that surpassed light itself. 

 

The girl would twirl a red string on her hand every so often. "I can feel it. Yes, I'm so much closer than before." 

 

However, just as she was talking with excitement, she was knocked off the crow. The dark army stopped and some demonic entities appeared behind her to help her. The girl rubbed her forehead and stared ahead. 

 

She walked forward and touched the empty space. At a certain distance, a spell circle appeared. 

 

"So that's it, huh?" She grabbed a demonic entity without a face and threw it at the empty void. The faceless demonic entity flew past that spell circle. "So that's exactly how it is, huh!?" 

 

"Everyone, gather around and channel your magical power to me so I can use my Absolute End spell!" The dark army obeyed her. Myriad of magical power flowed toward her. 

 

"You bastard. You actually had time to create a grand spell formation just to specifically block me out, huh?" The girl looked at the giant crow and the faceless demon. She produced a compass in her hand."Both of you, follow this compass that leads to the end of the red string of fate. Bring me the Scion of Life, alive!" 

 

Her subordinates grabbed the compass and followed in its direction. "Very clever, Yang Yang. However, you can not stop me, who is inevitable!" 

 

After she spoke, she turned to her right and stared with a vicious smile on her face. The red string in her hand grew brighter. "Oh, so you're here." 

 

132