Chapter 7: The Second Princess’ Birthday
5.7k 4 122
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Six years passed by smoothly in the Ivory Kingdom. This year, Yang Yang was sixteen years old. Many of his features were the same, but they had a more mature quality to them. He was now a handsome, young man. In his time in the Department of Medicine and Health, he cultivated magic alongside Chief Doctor Stone and made many friends. 

 

In the imperial palace, his status steadily grew from his connection with the second princess, as well as from his aura of life. Within his room in the imperial palace, Yang Yang was mediating on his bed while magical energy around flowed into him like a steady stream. On his right was the image of a green lotus. It was the Mark of Life, symbolizing his magus level as a Marker. 

 

At the beginning of a magus' journey, they would start off as a Caster, a person who can cast spells with the use of their grimoire. At this stage, one can cultivate magic, but are generally limited on the number of spells they can use. However, at the next level, Marker, a magus would condense a mark that represented their magic. At this stage, a magus can learn more spells and display them at higher power than a Caster. They would also be able to unlock an innate spell, a special spell that came from their grimoire. 

 

Yang Yang breathed in and out steadily. A spell circle rotated above his head; it was the Blessed Life spell, his innate spell that allowed him to convert magical power to life force. As a Life Magic magus, it essential for him to take in life force as it was a better energy source for his cultivation than raw magical power. 

 

He meditated for hours until he the sun rose. He quickly put on his butler attire and walked to the second princess' room. Maids and butlers greeted him as he walked past them. In response, Yang Yang would smile and greet them too. 

 

Within a few minutes, Yang Yang arrived at the second princess' bedroom and knocked on the door. "Your highness, good morning. It is time to get up." 

 

When he didn't hear a response from the bedroom, Yang Yang knocked the door couple more time before he opened the door and entered it. The two maids on the side of the door did not block his way. 

 

The walked to the edge of the bed and shook the princess. "Your highness, please wake up." 

 

The young woman on the bed opened her eyes. At first they cloudy and hazy, but then they shined with happy lights. "Good morning, Yang Yang." 

 

Princess Jasmine slowly got off from her bed and the two maids came in to help her with her morning ritual. Yang Yang stood to the side and stared out the giant window in the bedroom at the imperial garden. 

 

Ever since he’s been apprenticed to the kingdom’s chief doctor, Princess Jasmine had been sleeping more often. At first, this was worrying everyone in the imperial palace and even the imperial court, but the second princess was found to be in healthy condition and her magical power would increase every time she slept as well. Since then, no one bothered her sleep and rarely ever made attempts to wake her up. 

 

However, today was a special occasion so Princess Jasmine had to be awake. Yang Yang sighed with relief. 

 

Over these past six years, Princess Jasmine matured and her attitude fitted more like a member of the royal house compared to when he first met her. Yang Yang figured that the princess must have adapted to his aura of life so she became less wild around him. 

 

When the princess finished dressing, Yang Yang and the maids escorted her to the throne room.

 

......

 

In the throne room, the court officials and nobles were gathered around and chatting merrily. The king was seated on his throne, talking to nearby ministers and high-ranking nobles. Even the eccentric Chief Doctor Stone was there. Though, his aura of indifference and hostility made all, but a few people, to not approach him. There was even a unique scent on him; although, no one could really determine if it was a good or bad smell. 

 

The gates of the throne room suddenly opened and a butler walked in. “Second Princess Ivory Jasmine has arrived!” 

 

The crowd talked even louder until the king waved his hand; they moved to the side of the throne room and patiently waited. As their gazes peered beyond the gates, they could see an entourage led by a young lady. 

 

The young lady wore a silky, purple dress with ivory-colored flowers and ivory-made decorations. In her white hair was an ivory pin that held it together. She walked with grace and power down the royal, purple carpet. Her dark-purple eyes were alluring to look at, yet, it also contained such majesty that it could shake one’s soul and force someone to bow their heads. 

 

For many officials and nobles here, it was their first time seeing Princess Jasmine. They were enchanted by her, but they also quickly lowered their heads from her aura of majesty. The second princess’ entourage moved to the side once they arrived at the gate and allowed the her to walk down the carpet by herself. Princess Jasmine gave a small bow before kneeling in front of her royal father. 

 

The Ivory King nodded his head slightly and gave a small, proud smile. He stood up and addressed the audience. “Thank you for coming to my second daughter’s birthday party.” 

 

The king gave a small speech before announcing the beginning of the birthday party. When he did, rivers of gifts came flooding in from the officials and nobles. In a matter of minutes, the gifts stacked on top of each to create mountain-sized loads of birthday gifts. Among the gifts were also marriage proposals. 

 

Large tables and seats were arranged for every attendee and food were presented on the tables. Entertainers such as actors, artists, musicians, dancers, and Illusion Magic magus were sent in to entertain the crowd. Laughter and singing echoed throughout the royal palace. 

 

Yang Yang was amongst the servants that were serving beverages and food to the people. Once his shift was over, he walked outside the throne room and onto a balcony. In his left hand was a wine glass with water. He took small sips as though he was drinking alcohol, but sighed after every sip. 

 

“A little melochaly today, are we?” A soft, teasing voice whispered in his ears. Yang Yang turned around with a spell circle in his right hand; he was ready to attack. 

 

When he saw who was behind him, he deactivated the spell circle and smiled. “Damn it, Morrigan. You startled me again!” 

 

 

122