Chapter 57: Just Call Me Fei’er, Darling
1.9k 5 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When morning arrived again, Yang Yang went to the Hall of Merit and Virtue to select a new golden-merit mission. He went through the catalog and picked any mission he liked. 

 

Golden-merit missions were rare and he would have fight desperately if one did appear, but the other smaller missions were usually not selected by legacy students. Most would rather earn a hundred-million silver-merits in one go than do smaller missions, unless those smaller missions rewarded at least a million silver-merits. 

 

By now, Yang Yang had a few thousand silver-merits left, which was not enough to purchase anything he wanted. At least the missions that rewarded a hundred-thousand silver-merits or a million silver-merits were still worth his attention. 

 

“Collect five thousand spiritual-tier Stargazing Grasses for two hundred-thousand silver merits? Nice.” 

 

“Collect the demon cores of a hundred Manifest Aspect level demons for a million silver-merits? Cool.” 

 

“Woah! Get the corpse of a Wisdom King demon general for five million silver-merits? Additional ten million silver-merits for the demon core? Pretty good.” 

 

By now, he swept through enough missions to earn eighty million silver-merits, assuming he perfectly completed them all. Suddenly, a golden image appeared atop the catalog. He quickly pressed on the image and it returned him to the very top of the catalog. With lightning speed, he pressed on the golden-merit mission without looking at the details.

 

“Ah, I’m practically debt-free again. Now, let’s see.” Yang Yang clicked on the golden-merit mission to check on the mission’s detail. 

 

“If you are reading this, we request your immediate assistance. Massive outbreaks of the Hated Blood Curse had occurred in the northern frontier. Please go to the Lamp Province first and help contain the outbreak there where it is most serious. This mission is a request from the Department of Medicine and Health. Reward: One golden-merit. Additional rewards may be included based on achievement. Any teammates or assistants will also receive a golden-merit or something of similar value.” 

 

“Perfect!” Before Yang Yang even arrived at Ivory Royal Institute, he wanted to develop a cure for the Hated Blood Curse that crippled the citizens of the royal city. In his time at the institute, he never had the chance to even collect samples of the Hated Blood Curse, much less study it. 

 

However, not only did he had a chance to develop a cure now, he could even get rid of his debt. It was a killing-two-birds-with-one-stone scenario. 

 

“Hold on a minute? An outbreak in the northern frontier? Does that mean the curse had spread far and wide across the continent?” Yang Yang asked himself.

 

His student medallion vibrated slightly and he received a message from Chancellor Dugu. “Yang Yang. I hope that you received the golden-merit mission located in the northern frontier?” 

 

“Yes, sir.” 

 

“That mission was just put up specifically for you.” The chancellor’s voice was cold as steel and hard as iron. “You have recently returned and should be unaware of the situation outside so I’ll keep you up to date. You should be aware that the Hated Blood Curse began spreading in the royal city on the Day of the Red Night. However, it turned out that the curse was slowly spreading across the continent. While the kingdom focused on the situation in the royal city, it had paid less attention to the rest of the continent, especially the countryside.” 

 

“It started with outbreaks in the southern frontier around a year ago, but the northern frontier was struck the hardest around six months ago because of the cold climates there. The Hated Blood Curse has greater resistance to the cold in the north than to the heat in the south. As a Life Magic magus, and the only Life Magic practitioner available, only you can adequately contain the Hated Blood Curse in the north.” 

 

“Before the outbreaks in the north, the other Life Magic magi had spread across the other parts of the continent to help contain the curse, and some had even traveled to the other three continents to help contain the outbreaks there as well. As for the chief doctor, he is still in seclusion with his majesty the King. Yang Yang, can we trust you with this mission?” Chancellor Dugu’s voice was heavy. 

 

Hearing the news of current events, Yang Yang felt his blood boiling. Then, an idea popped into his head. His fists clenched and his veins of steel popped out. With any equally heavy and determined voice, Yang Yang replied, “Of course, sir. Leave it to me.” 

 

“Excellent. I’ll send you the research materials and data from the Department of Medicine and Health. I’m sure you have a general direction of what you need to do. Please make any preparation you need as soon as possible, and get ready to go to the northern frontier in three days. We will contact the Noble Houses so they can power up their teleportation spell formation. Thank you.” The chancellor was full of gratitude before he cut off the transmission. A breath of time later, Yang Yang received all the materials. 

 

He took one glance at all of them and the gears in his head started turning. His eyes lit up and he immediately sent in orders of medicinal plants and herbs at the Hall of Merit and Virtue. “If my judgement is correct, a combination of these items should be able to create a basic cure. However, it’s not good enough. I guess I’ll have to select my apostles now to help me.” 

 

......

 

Yang Yang waited until his orders arrived and left the Hall of Merit and Virtue. He was about to return to the mansion when a coquettish voice slipped into his ears. “Junior Brother Yang~.”

 

Yang Yang sighed and turned his around. “Senior Sister Yu, I was just about to contact you. I would like to ask if-” 

 

He gaze was stunned as a beautiful girl wearing a tight-fitting robe skipped toward him. Her black hair danced it wind like a dragon and her red-pink pupils gaze at him tenderly. “Senior Sister Yu?” 

 

“What Senior Sister Yu? Just call me Fei’er, darling.” She leaned in close and brought his face closer to her own with her arms around his neck. “You needed me?” 

 

“Senior Sister Yu, first names are exclusive to extremely close ties only. Beside the other six members of your party, only your family has the right to call you that.” 

 

“Hmph. Forget those folks. I already broke my ties with them. Besides, are you not someone close to me, Lord Yang?” Her hot breath touched his skin and he shuttered as something welled inside him. Yang Yang quickly took her into the mansion and kept his feelings suppressed. “Strange. My desires are flaring up more than usual lately.” 

 

“Emergency meeting! Bone Squad, report to the living room.” After the Bone Squad exited a nearby room, the trio stood before him. They were each in a butler attire. 

 

Yang Yang had registered their identities as servants of the Ivory Royal House. Although it was rare for any student on campus to have living, flesh-and-blood servants, as the personal butler of Princess Jasmine and a legacy student, he just had to say a few words and all the paperwork for the background of the Bone Squad and their families were completed on the same day. 

 

He quickly explained to them the contents of the golden-merit mission. While he was talking, he tried to ignore his gorgeous senior sister. Unfortunately, half his mind was occupied on talking, while the other half was occupied on her. Yang Yang’s riled emotions prevented him from noticing the Bone Squad’s calm demeanor. It was as if the girl next to them was completely ordinary, and that the extreme aura of charm on her was completely ineffective to them or did not exist to them at all. 

 

“With that being said, I will need your utmost assistance. However, your strengths are too low to actually provide much help. That is why I decided to make you all my apostles, my greatest followers on my journey to godhood.” He looked at his senior sister. “The God of Life supposedly had two emissaries. One of gold, and the other of jade. Yu Fei’er, are you willing to live up to your surname and become my Jade Emissary, the Scion of Life’s left hand?” 

 

Yu Fei’er appeared stunned and pointed her right index finger at herself. A bizarre smile broke out on her face and her eyes curved into gleeful crescent moons.“Huh? Me? Are you sure about that?” 

 

35