The End Of The First Night!
8.5k 16 261
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

  Jing grabbed one of the sword martial arts called Furious Wind Blade and her whip. She didn't know if this would work but all the other times she's tried combining things it has worked out fine. Even though she has only made 2 combined objects in total, that's still a good enough track record for her. Jing placed the book in her hand and held her whip in her other as she absorbed them into her body. She cranked the setting on very fine and felt as the two items inside of her were being combined into the way she wanted.

  If she wasn't careful, she could accidentally make some sort of weird book whip weapon instead of a whip art like she wanted. The refining process doesn't take more than a few seconds and Jing's wanted item soon exited from her chest. This one also didn't have a title on the front of the cover but was covered entirely of animal fur. Jing opened the book up and quickly stored all the knowledge inside her head. Flipping through page after page, with her enhanced mind it didn't take long for her to completely swallow everything the book had to offer. She soon reinserted the book inside herself and placed it on rough, destroying it entirely.

  The whip martial technique she just learned seems quite powerful. On the surface it will look like an average and low-level martial art but to a fighter with good eyes, they will notice that this whip technique isn't as simple as it seems. The way it always seemingly strikes at a vital area, the way the wielder's whip moves and attacks as if it was alive like a breathing snake and could sense the best place to attack, and the way it could strike hard and fast like lightning made this whip technique a superior martial art! Jing would have to practice her control with the whip first though. Only through training and hard work can Jing truly show off the greatness of this skill.

  Something she plans to do at a later time as she's still not done yet with the refining for tonight. Just two more items and she can train till the morning. Jing grabbed the spirit stone and held it in her hand. Spirit stones have another use besides just having monetary value. Jing found this out quite some time ago after she took care of those two cultivators from the Dark Moon Gang. Qi can be extracted from the inside of spirit stones and once all the qi is extracted, the spirit stone will crumble into dust. This qi can be used to help cultivators attempt to break through to the next realm or replenish their qi.

  Jing had a single reason for bringing out this spirit stone and that was to get rich! Jing took in the spirit stone and refined it on the fine setting. The enhancement she added was to have it create another spirit stone every 5 seconds. With this spirit stone, Jing feels like she will have more money than the entire sect within a few months! Even if it's the lowest valued spirit stone, it will still accumulate in value! Jing could even trade in 100 mortal-ranked spirit stones for 1 stellar-ranked spirit stone at the Exchange Hall.

  Jing placed the money-making spirit stone inside her storage ring and left it there till it completely filled the ring up. She'll have to think of something later on what to do when her storage ring gets completely filled up with spirit stones. Her current thoughts right now were to randomly bury the large supply of the spirit stones somewhere in the sect and anonymously let a rumor flow throughout the sect about it. A sinister smile slowly showed on Jing's face as she thought of the resulting chaos due to something like that.

'That would be quite the entertaining spectacle to watch...' She thought while making a mental note to definitely do that later.

  Jing grabbed the final item to refine tonight, the steel sword. She planned to use this to replace her whip. Her whip from before wasn't really working out for her. When she first made that whip, she was only planning to use it to defend herself from any wild creatures. But this time she has a different idea in mind, something a bit more suited towards her personality.

  Jing refined the sword on the 1:1 setting and replaced it with an iron whip. She then reabsorbed it and upgraded it on very fine. Adding a few new anomalous properties to it that will make fighting so much sweeter. This new whip will cause those to get hit by it to be wracked with an insufferable amount of pain. Even if it's a slight cut across the cheek, it'll feel like lava is bubbling beneath their cheek. But that's not the only thing she added, anyone who is hit by this whip won't be able to faint or relieve their pain no matter what they try and do unless Jing herself personally grants them reprieve from the pain. Jing can mentally control whenever she wants this effect to activate.

  This is so that she can use this whip normally when she's out in public. It wouldn't benefit her to not have a way of deactivating the special properties of this weapon.

"I'm glad I got SCP-914 as my first SCP. The resourcefulness of this ability is absolutely overwhelming." She giggled.

  Now that Jing was finished refining everything she needed to refine, she spent the rest of the night practicing her whip and leg martial arts. Without any need to rest, Jing was perfectly fine training throughout the night until dawn. She didn't choose to practice her cultivation technique though. This is because Jing didn't know how long the average cultivator takes to break through the first realm into the second realm and she sure wasn't going to bring attention to herself when there is no need to. In public, she's an untalented cultivator and plans to keep it that way.

  She was sure it wouldn't take her long to break through into Qi Gathering stage 2. Right now, she felt like she was overfilled and bursting with qi! The barrier inside her dantian felt like it could tear from the slightest touch of qi from Jing so she didn't plan on pressuring it until the time was right. Jing wasn't sure if it was because of the Empress of Pain's Tome or the fact that she refined a cultivation technique on very fine that her qi was so powerful and formidable. If she was to be honest, it was difficult to control herself from choosing to disguise herself and going around to terrorize her martial brothers and sisters in the middle of the night just to test her strength. But how weak would she look if she let a little power go to her head so soon? Hmph, she'd rather serve as Bing's maid for a day than allow herself to be look so pathetic.

  While she was thinking all of this, she was also practicing her leg technique that she named Flowering Domination. In the midst of her practicing, Jing heard multiple noises outside her humble abode and figured that it was morning time. She stopped practicing and took the time to pet the peacefully resting Li Li. He didn't need to rest either but something about that rock pillow just forces you to drift off into dreamland. Even she wasn't exempt from its overwhelming power.

  Jing's first plan of business was to go get her monthly spirit stones. After that she'll take a little stroll through the sect. She is going to be living here for a while so, it would do good to know of her the situation inside the sect. After taking a look at how the sect is run, she'll then decide on what she plans to do because besides her current mission given by the system, she has no real set plan for her future here yet.

Alright boys and girls? Next chapter we will see exactly how the Golden Serpent Sect lets its disciples run around, get a glimpse of a few important future allies, and either some hijinks with Bing or Jing ordering around Bing to do some tasks for her. I haven't decided yet but there is one thing i'm sure of. You will get small scenes including important future allies for Jing!

Comment/Review on the story readers and give me ideas on possible xianxia things you want to see! No guarantees that I will add what you want. But it helps to have ideas out there. Please point out any mistakes you notice or anything you're not clear about. I'll try to answer them and fix them to the best of my abilities.

261