Tranquil Fury.
3.6k 25 133
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Damn it! What the hell kind of situation is this?!” Scars cried out, his blade struggling to hold back against another sword. 

  Wenling’s squad was pincered between the Fearsome Garden and some members of the Huan clan. They teamed up to eliminate them for their recently acquired goods and the shiny bandits refused to give up their loot. They’d rather die than lose their spoils a second time. This crooked but reasonable determination fueled their strength into defending their goods even more. Wenling’s squad was battling fairly well against their two rivals with their new treasures. 

“These guys are tougher than I thought!” A Huan Clan member shouted. 

It's that plain-looking girl over there!” A Fearsome Garden member pointed at Jing. 

“Kill her!” They saw that she was the reason why they couldn’t kill these guys so easily. 

Eep!” Jing squeaked. 

  During this battle Jing has spent most of her time supporting the members with supportive spells while keeping out of harm with movement talisman. If she saw that anyone was injured, she would place a healing talisman on them and teleport away to the next person she saw in trouble. If she someone struggle to match their opponent, she would slap a strength talisman, agility talisman, or a defense talisman on them. These supportive talisman were only giving temporary boosts to the people they were attached to. They would increase their physical strength, speed and senses, or skin until the qi within the talisman ran out. Some cultivators could send their qi into the talisman to increase the time but it would start to drain their own qi reserves. 

  Most of the members in Wenling’s squad didn’t take notice of Jing as they were to focused on staying alive and protecting their loot but some people did. It just so happened that it was the enemy side that noticed her. Ears and Wenling knew that they wouldn’t be able to hold off this ambush even if all of them resisted with all they had. It wasn’t an exaggeration to say that Jing was the sole reason why they haven’t fled with full force yet. There was a possibility they could win if she continued to support them with her spells. Wenling wouldn’t give up if there was still a chance of victory. If they could turn this situation around, the amount of goods they would get from these two groups would be worth the struggle. 

“Protect Jing with your lives or we will die here!” Wenling commanded. 

“None of you bastards better die in the meantime!” Ears added. 

  Everyone was focused on the small brown girl with glasses. Seeing his mother being targeted upset Li Li greatly. If he wasn’t asked to restrain his power, he would tear all of these annoyances to pieces with his talons. He limited himself to Wenling’s general level of strength and took on anyone daring to come towards his mother. Li Li silently but quickly took flight. His talons tore through cultivators with ease.  Anyone that wasn’t at the 8th stage or higher died or suffered grievous injuries after meeting head on with the owlet. 

  The losses were piling up so quickly that the strongest of their forces had to gang up on the baby owl or they would be wiped out! Wenling and Ears used this chance to support Li Li and gain a huge advantage. The merciless little spirit beast spared none of their enemies! He used the information he was taught by his mother a long time ago and targeted only their vital points. Making it easier on the rest of the gang to outnumber and overpower the remaining cultivators. Soon, only the leaders and their right-hand men were left, albeit in badly injured states. 

“Damn it! No one told me about this at all!” 

“A spellmaster with a 9th stage spirit beast and 2 9th stage Qi Gatherers... What kind of unfair bullshit...” 

“I know you bastards aren’t talking about unfair! Joining together just to annihilate us? Are you that scared of our potential?” Ears commented. 

“Like anyone would be frightened of a bunch of stupid bandits. We just figured it would be better to take out trash like you than to allow your group to continue to ruin the image of our great sect.” 

“What a shame. Looks like the only ones being taken out are you.” Wenling raised her glaive, preparing to strike. 

“Heh. You’re really stupid if you think you can kill us. Do you think we prepared this ambush without thinking of the possibility of failure?” 

“Yes. You bastards are pretty arrogant.” Ears said, making some bandits laugh. 

“But before we go.. I think it’ll be safer to get rid of this potential threat.” She lit up a talisman that surrounded their group. 

  The talisman drew upon their remaining qi and shaped itself into a fearsome arrow filled with concentrated qi. The arrow shot forward with a speed almost no one could react to. And it was headed straight for Jing! She couldn’t even utter a scream as she was sent flying off a cliff with a huge gaping hole within her stomach. The amulet that would protect her for any attack in the 1st realm was immediately shattered by the combined power of the attack. 

“Jing!” Wenling screamed in shock. Her rage was raised past its limit in no less than a second as seemed to transform into an entirely different person. 

  Wenling’s qi became sharper and focused. All of it becoming concentrated and far denser. It was like she was transforming into a mighty dragon with just her qi alone. But it seemed that this transformation didn’t matter as the two groups were about to teleport away with talisman. However, there was someone even angrier than Wenling. 

  His anger made Wenling’s look miniscule in comparison. The chilling qi that was releasing from him was enough to freeze everyone’s soul solid. His piercing eyes glared into the souls of the ones that hurt his mother. Those eyes seemed to grasp their entire being in its gaze. He was like a giant and they were nothing more than just ants. Within a single blink of their eyes, Wenling’s squad watched as Li Li disappeared from their sights and seconds later, the remaining Huan clan and Fearsome Garden members were nothing more than sliced pieces of flesh lying on the ground.  They themselves couldn’t even let out a scream before perishing into meat chunks. 

  Everyone was shocked speechless at the immense power shown by the little spirit beast. If it wanted, it could easily kill them just as well! Wenling and Ears were no exception! Neither of them were capable of moving at speeds like that. Li Li was in a completely different level despite being in the same stage as them. They could only stare and watch as Li Li flicked the blood off of himself and flew down the cliff. It wasn’t until 5 minutes later that the oppressing qi of Li Li wore off and they could speak again. 

“I shit myself.” 

“I might’ve pissed myself once or twice too.” 

“Did anyone know that Jing’s bird was fucking crazy strong?!” 

“Since it could keep up with our Vice Commander, we should’ve seen it as a sign...” 

“I’m going to look for her.” Wenling announced, surprising everyone. 

“I know you really liked her Commander but...” Wenling’s glare shut him up. 

“There’s no possible way she survived with that injury Wenling, along with falling down that cliff.” Ears spoke up for the men. 

“You don’t know! My apprentice has shown us several amazing things using spells!” 

“Commander...”  

“Fine. Who said I needed your help anyway?! I’ll go look for her myself! Head to the Great Tower and wait for me to come back. If I don’t arrive within 5 days, tell Jianyu I’m dead.” Wenling started walking off by herself. 

“I can’t let you do this alone but I also really doubt that she’s still alive...” Ears said, standing in front of her. 

“If you don’t believe she’s alive then I don’t need you following me! I believe in my apprentice. I promised that I would protect her...” A terrible pain ached Wenling’s chest when she thought about how she failed to uphold her words to Jing. 

  Ears couldn’t respond back. 

“Just do as I said before. I will find her and bring her back.” Wenling walked off alone, leaving her men behind. 

“I hope the commander doesn’t die.” 

“She’s a good woman.” 

“Do you think she’d do the same for any of us?” 

“I believe she would.” 

“Yeah, the Commander has taken good care of us so far. If she’s willing to go this far for someone who just recently joined the group then she definitely would do the same for us.” 

“She was her personal apprentice though...” 

“Alright! Shut it you harping bastards! Let’s get moving to the tower and wait for her eventual return.” Ears ordered. 

“Shouldn’t we loot the bodies first Vice Commander?” Zian asked. 

“Oh, nearly slipped my mind. Heh, take the goods and get ready to go.” 

“How could anyone be covered in blood and surrounded by piles of corpses and forget where they were?” 

“Maybe the Vice Commander is getting on in the years. He is bald so, he might be older than he looks.” 

“You whispering bastards want to die? Do you think these ears are just for decoration!? Get to looting you gossiping little bitches!” Ears was only 20 years old. 


I hope i didn't make any continuity mistakes this chapter but if you find any please let me know. And that isn't just for this chapter, like if u ever see a continuity error always tell me so i can fix it. I'm more than willing to rewrite an entire chapter just so shit makes sense to you guys and i'm not just pulling things out of my ass to make them work in my story. I'm lazy but not too lazy that i can't even straighten out my own story.

Comment/Review on the story readers and give me ideas on possible xianxia things you want to see! No guarantees that I will add what you want. But it helps to have ideas out there. Please point out any mistakes you notice or anything you're not clear about. I'll try to answer them and fix them to the best of my abilities.

133