Live and Learn.
3.5k 8 131
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

  The kick landed with such vicious force that it would tear apart any average creature. None of the opponents Jing has faced up to this point would have lived taking on this kick. Jing could see the lights in its eyes glow in surprise as it attempted to defend itself. Jing refused to let that happen. She altered the trajectory of her kick as it was already thrown! She aimed towards its neck to give a terrible blow. 

“Interesting... You would put the geniuses I knew to shame with this much power in the Qi Gathering realm. It’s a shame that it isn’t enough to harm me.” Jing’s blow landed on his neck. 

  The shattering of a qi barrier sounded out in Jing’s ears as she felt a hairy hand suddenly grab her leg. Jing’s attack didn’t go through, and it was blocked! The strength in his grip was unbelievable as he ripped through the violent swirling water around her legs that could slice apart magical tools with its sharpness. He tossed her across the woods with his monstrous power and Jing could barely see anything as she was sent flying so fast everything became a blur.  

‘Core realm beings are a lot stronger than I thought...’ Jing couldn’t afford to hold anything back against this creature. 

  She tried to stop herself by gripping the ground with water tendrils, carving long deep tears into the ground before she finally stopped. It wasn’t an exaggeration to say that she could’ve be sent to the opposite side of the Treasured Plains if she kept going. What unreasonable power... Getting this monkey to submit to her will be worth the trouble of revealing her strength. 

  Just as Jing was about to rise from the ground, the spirit beast appeared in front of her. Jing’s senses turned up all the way as she barely managed to avoid the kick coming towards her jaw. She flipped backwards to avoid the kick and landed back on her feet. It wasn’t her style to stay on the defensive. She fiercely counterattacked after getting up and let loose a flurry of lightning fast kicks. He struck with a mighty punch that took 20-30 of her kicks to match in power. 

“What a vulgar animal. Only brute force and you’re proud of such a thing?” Jing spoke as the two continued to clash against each other. 

  Jing pushed herself to kick as fast as she could. If an outsider were to see this fight, it would look as if Jing had hundreds of legs kicking out in unison right now against the monkey’s earth-shattering fists. A Qi Gatherer being able to contend with a Core stage cultivator is only something spoke about in legends. A legendary prodigy blessed by the heavens above is how they would describe Jing right now. 

  As time went on, the monkey started to realize something was strange about this female Qi Gatherer. Why hasn’t her strength dropped at all? Her qi was just as powerful as it was when they first started and why hasn’t he seen a single bead of sweat coming out of her? Something wasn’t right here. This human wasn’t normal or at least, their martial arts weren’t. 

  Jing saw her chance! The spirit beast’s concentration slacked for just a second and she immediately took advantage. She wrapped herself along the arm of the monkey like a slippery snake as she made her way towards its neck. Just when she was about to lock her thighs around its head to pop it off like a cork, the simian unleashed its full qi and blew her away.  This outcome didn’t surprise her, it only made her understand that she would need to think of a different plan to deal with the animal. 

“You are unusual for a Qi Gatherer. Have you realized that the amount of qi one can hold in the 9th stage is only determined by how much qi control they possess? Wait... Are you even at the 9th stage? Because of that stupid mask, I can’t even tell what stage you are at specifically. I should destroy that and take a good look at my future woman.” 

“Just try it.” Her mask wasn’t broken. It was just that this beast was strong enough to penetrate through some of its abilities. This was important information. SCP-914's powers weren’t absolute... 

  Jing could barely react as the monkey grabbed hold of her mask and tried to crush it with its powerful strength. She held onto its large muscular arm and repeatedly struck her feet into its stomach. The sound of her mask cracking forced her into increasing the intensity of her kicks. She sent all of her qi into her legs, creating a yellow aura around the swirling water covering her legs. The yellow aura only darkened in color as her fury increased. 

“Your strength is remarkable but its futile.” It shattered her mask and her identity was revealed. 

“Hmph. Like what you see?” Jing’s dark brown skin exposed itself to the world along with her modest figure and common face. 

“It's my first time seeing a human of this color... You looked better with the mask.” He replied somewhat disappointed. 

“And you look better underneath my foot!” Jing used the exact moment it crushed her mask to launch a surprise attack. 

  She appeared above the giant monkey and with a beautiful arc of clear water following her slender leg, smashed her foot against the skull of the beast. Only to receive a punch right through her chest and a look of surprise and slight anger in his eyes. 

“Look what you made me do!” He pulled his arm out of her body and looked down at her in irritation. That attack actually surprised him. If she was stronger than him, he could’ve taken serious damage right there. 

  Jing realized that she was truly outclassed. Her refinement with SCP-914 didn’t make her invincible. She couldn’t take on this world with SCP-914 alone. She was truly naïve to believe that the being that gifted her this system would allow her to run as freely as she wanted in this world without someone being able to stop her. Now she understood why she got that mission about not getting killed and surviving until the end. Would she also find herself like this against the persons of fate? 

  The way she would have to handle things will change this day going forward. Realizing her mortality and current power will allow her to grow even further. Jing thought it might be fun now that she knew that she wasn’t unstoppable. There would be risks, dangers, and obstacles that could put a halt to her rise if she wasn’t careful. Jing didn’t mind being in the spotlight as long as there were some benefits to it. But as of right now, she still knew far too little about this world. Just this situation alone proved that her knowledge was insufficient. 

‘Live and learn.’ She secretly pulled out a teleportation spell that would send her far away. 

  The Core stage was her and Li Li’s limit so far. This was useful information to remember. This situation could be seen as a blessing in disguise if Jing wasn’t sure that it was all just bad luck. If she faced a spirit beast that could actually use techniques to deal with her besides brute force, who knows if she could have escaped from here. 

“Sneaky little...” The big monkey ripped her talisman apart before it could activate, surprising her once again. 

Did I allow you to leave woman? You shall be my slave until I find myself bored with you. Oh, and you peepers can get out of here now.” It reached out with its hand and created a translucent barrier around them. 

‘Peepers? The elders! Have they been watching them this entire time?! Of course they have! How else would they know what took place during the Treasured Plains?!’ A rare moment of panic surfaced Jing’s face. 

  Everything that took place inside here was seen by the elders. Her identity was 100% revealed and there would be no point to hiding her true self anymore. This was truly a checkmate... To think that she wouldn’t think of the elders watching their disciples’ survival in this place. It was ignorant and entirely too foolish of her! Because of the system and SCP-914, she’s become too cocky! Too arrogant! Jing was ashamed of herself and felt like such a fool. 

  The Core stage spirit beast watched in wonder and interest as Jing’s fatal injury rapidly healed itself. He picked her up by her waist and hoisted her up. He then gently ran his tongue across her cheek, his hot breath awakened Jing from her thoughts. Being so thoroughly humiliated by her own failures and seeing this disgusting creature looking at her with such a lustful stare infuriated her. Jing was the type of person to always stay calm and keep her emotions in control but in this situation, it couldn’t be helped if she went a little out of control. Being treated as a tool by this animal, her fury exploded. 

[Emergency mission available for host!] 

[Escape this Core stage Wise Monkey or become its slave!] 

[Rewards: 1 legendary ticket] 

  Jing didn’t even need the system to remind her. She used SCP-109 and created a massive tendril of water to drill the monkey away, only to see him slap it away with his palm and grope her behind. It was at the moment where all hope seemed lost for Jing, a familiar figure came into her vision. A figure that made relief fill her heart and her will to fight to rose even higher.  

‘Mom!’ He cried out. 


Hoho, it seems everything is exploding around Jing at once. I wonder how this event will have an effect on her in the future...

Writing this chapter was exciting for me since its the first time, Jing has been outclasssed in any capacity. Instead of the one doing the dominating, She's been dominated for the first time. This chapter was mainly me focusing on writing that Jing is not invincible, Jing is not all-knowing and can know of everything and every situation, She can be caught off guard, defeated, and humiliated. To summarize, Jing isn't an all-powerful cultivator that can do anything and everything. She's only been in this world for nearly a year and until now has yet to encounter any real danger or trouble.

I plan to increase these dangerous situations and troubles for her and her followers to get into so that they can grow into real characters? I guess? I don't know.

But anyway, see you guys friday. I bet you all already know who said the last line of this chapter.

Comment/Review on the story readers and give me ideas on possible xianxia things you want to see! No guarantees that I will add what you want. But it helps to have ideas out there. Please point out any mistakes you notice or anything you're not clear about. I'll try to answer them and fix them to the best of my abilities.

131