Li Li’s in Trouble?!
3.1k 6 119
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

  Watching over the battlefield with Li Li didn’t take too much work for Jing. They may have been conspired against by Fearsome Garden and the Huan clan along with some other unaffiliated cultivators but it wasn’t as if all hope was lost. Her arrays were dealing with the hundreds of spirit beasts just as she planned. But things were going somewhat too smoothly if she didn’t include the three gorillas being pushed onto their side of the wall. There had to be another card waiting to be played. 

  She kept her eyes on the left side of the wall while Li Li watched the right side of the wall. Keeping her senses on the ready to react to any new situations. She was sure that Song and Chuan were wondering why she was the only one not helping against the three gorillas. Jing thought it would be nice if they continued to ponder about it until the end of the floor but that would’ve been too convenient, wouldn’t it?  

  Jing saw as both sides sent several cultivators to the front wall to try and destroy with her formations. They weren’t any average bunch as they skillfully avoided getting trampled and swallowed by the beast wave. Jing was amused by the sight, she got in a more comfortable position by crossing her leg over her knee and observed them. She doubted they would be able to shatter her arrays but she was interested in what they had planned. They couldn’t have come unprepared, she spent hours setting up those formations. The two groups had more than enough time to think of a plan to deal with them. 

  As far as she knew there was only one way of shattering her formations. Willingly going inside them and breaking the base inside the formation while also surviving against the specific formation’s spell. Considering that she had more than a dozen of these arrays set up, it would be unthinkable to believe that they would try that. It was too risky and would take far too much time. 

  And she was right about them having a plan. One of the cultivators quickly moved to the front of the beast tide. He was able to sense exactly where her arrays were placed and avoided them without much trouble. Jing continued to watch him make his way in front of all the spirit beasts and pull out a brown flag from his storage ring.  

“Beasts of the animal kingdom! Heed my call! Focus your attacks and rush to that wall! Together, you can’t be stopped. Work together with me to bring down this wall! I beg of you!” The flag was releasing a special type of qi that seemed to flow into the brains of the spirit beasts. 

“What an interesting spirit tool...” Jing muttered. “Li Li, do you mind going to get that flag for me?” Jing asked, only to notice Li Li was unresponsive. 

“Li Li?” She looked onto her shoulder and saw his body was trembling badly. 

  Jing took Li Li off her shoulders and held him in her hands. The flag was affecting him too! She tried coating her hand in qi and slicing down on the strange qi flowing into his body but it did nothing to interrupt the connection. That scum dared to mess with her son’s mind? She’ll make sure to teach him a lesson he’ll never forget. But first, she’ll have to save Li Li somehow... 

  As Jing was thinking of ways to revert Li Li back to normal, the beast tide was slowly tearing through her formations. Formations that usually could only handle a specific number of beasts at a time were now being flooded with several and being shattered by the combined strength of the creatures. Most of the formations Jing set were harming and trapping formations that quickly killed or harmed what was caught inside it. However, with the spirit beasts being controlled to work more cohesively, the formations were unable to handle the massive influx of spirit beasts. Along with the fact that the flag bearer was able to command the animals to shatter the bases inside the arrays. 


“She wasn’t much of a threat as she posed to be...” Song mocked. 

“Yes, I also believed that she would be a great threat with the way she acted.” Chuan agreed. 

“Haven’t you noticed that they’ve gained a lot of 9th stage cultivators?” Chuan brought up. 

“Yes, I noticed! Whatever lucky breaks they had will become ours once they’re all dead!”  

“It is a bit ridiculous though. Three 9th stage Qi Gatherers in one squad. If we don’t quickly bolster our own forces, it won’t be long before the Wolfeng Gang overtakes us in strength.”  

“Hmph. We’ll kill them before they get any stronger. Just make sure you don’t get any funny ideas and think of betraying me.” Song threatened. 

“We have bigger threats to worry about, don’t you agree?” He cleverly avoided responding directly. 

“Whatever.” Song turned around and made her way back to her side of the wall. 


“I’ll be right back Li Li. Don’t worry. Mom will save you.” Jing whispered to him.  

  Jing placed Li Li down and looked at the flag carrier with a deadly glare. He didn’t even need to make eye contact with her to feel her overbearing killing intent bearing down on him. The spirit beasts were almost finished breaking the rest of her arrays but this didn’t matter to Jing in the slightest. She concentrated her qi to cover her entire body and almost instantly arrived in front of the flag cultivator with a single leap from the top of the front wall. 

  His eyes nearly bulged out of his eye sockets upon sighting her. Jing performed a small spin as she kicked directly towards his stomach with great force. The 8th stage Qi Gatherer used all the qi within him to defend against the seemingly weak but lethal blow. Jing’s foot immediately shattered his qi barrier along with the 3 defensive spirit tools he had on him but she failed to injure him. 

“You’re not any average cultivator with 3 defensive treasures on you. I’ll give you a small chance to live if you bow before me and tell me of your origins.” Jing coldly spoke. 

“Kill her!” He could barely breathe after surviving against that kick. The raw power and unbelievable strength held in those legs almost caused him to soil his trousers. 

  The other cultivators that were sent to aid in ruining her wall surrounded Jing. Jing didn’t move an inch as they closed in on her. Her objective wasn’t to deal with these pests. It was to save her son from the suffering he was going through. The cultivators watched as Jing leisurely maneuvered through their combined attacks without a single attack even scratching her figure. She calmly walked to the youth carrying the flag and simply grabbed it out of his hand before stabbing it into herself and refining it on rough, turning it into ash that gently fell from her hand. 

  The cultivators were at a lost seeing the strange sight. They thought she was about to kill herself but the flag went straight through her and didn’t come out of her back! What the hell just happened!? And why did grey dust come out of her hand?!  

“Considering how you all tried to stop me from saving my son, I don’t plan on leaving a single one of you alive. But don’t worry, your passing won’t be painless in the slightest.” Jing sweetly smiled with the face of an innocent young maiden. 

  The group of cultivators were still too stunned from the previous sight to properly take in Jing’s words. And that was when they entered into an unimaginable circle of hell. Jing’s figure was nothing more than a blur to the disciples as she unleashed the combination of her learnings from the Empress of Pain’s Tome and the Flower Domination. If one could keep track of Jing’s movements it could be described as a destructive dance filled with spins and kicks. The way her attacks accurately pinpointed her opponent’s nerves and filled their entire body with severe pain that would only increase with every additional kick on their body. It was a horror show! 

  The human body was filled with trillions of nerves that all served a specific purpose. The intensity of the pain each nerve hit by Jing was all under her control. She knew every nerve within the human body and exactly how much pain it would cause to a person. Jing made sure to continually ramp up the pain until they couldn’t take it anymore. That was when she finished them off.  

  Their screams, pleading, and crying were fueling her cultivation technique and her own excitement. But she made sure to control herself this time around. Now wasn’t the time to thoroughly enjoy such suffering and anguish. Her priority was punishing them for the pain Li Li went through. Jing executed every cultivator except the one who put her son in that state in the first place. 

  She was currently dragging him behind her with her whip wrapped around his throat. He had his hands on the whip, attempting to pull it off his throat but it was a pointless endeavor. The flag bearer struggled hopelessly to try and bring oxygen into his lungs. Clawing at the whip, kicking the ground, bucking his hips, he tried everything to just get one breath of air down his windpipe. 

“It’s amusing to see you flopping around like that.” Jing laughed. He reminded her of a fish on dry land. 

  She temporarily loosened the grip around his throat and heard him greedily sucking up the air as if he never knew what breathing was like. Then she tightened it once again after feeling that he got enough in him to not faint for a few more moments. And this continued until she made her way back to the top of the front wall.  

‘I’ll handle the spirit beasts Mom!’ Li Li told her through their shared soul link. He was back to normal right after Jing destroyed the flag with SCP-914. He silently took off and summoned several ghostly spirit beasts to aid him in killing the beast tide trying to destroy their side of the wall. 


It looks like Li Li has a weakness that wasn't taken care of by Jing's refinement! Just what in the world was that flag? Was it a smart move for Jing to use SCP-914 like that in front of everyone? I guess you'll have to find out by coming to read  every Mon, Wed, and Fri!

Next chapter i think we'll be finishing up on the first floor.

But besides that I’m on the chapter where Jing is deciding a name for her group and i can’t really think of anything fitting for the mix mash of characters we have in her group. I mean if it comes to, i’ll definitely be able to think of something but i want you guys to comment your thoughts. Discuss with each other if your on a platform that can do that and i’ll choose from what you guys wrote.

Comment/Review on the story readers and give me ideas on possible xianxia things you want to see! No guarantees that I will add what you want. But it helps to have ideas out there. Please point out any mistakes you notice or anything you're not clear about. I'll try to answer them and fix them to the best of my abilities.

119