Chapter 107: Heaven’s Angels.
3.1k 5 117
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I have some news to discuss with you all.” Jing announced. 

  All of her followers were gathered inside her home. Now that her identity has been revealed to the elders, it’s only a matter of time before their disciples learn of her and her strength. They should know what to expect in the upcoming future and a reminder on what their goal is. Now was the time for them to make their first official step as a group with everyone’s eyes on them. 

“My identity has been revealed. Which also means that your affiliations to me will also be revealed soon.” No shocked looks on their faces yet. That’s good. 

“There’s no point for this group to be a secret anymore. Which means we will be earnestly working towards a reformation of the sect while getting rid of all oppositions. Any comments so far?” Jing asked. 

“So, are we like going to war with every other faction in the sect?” Ying asked. She wanted clarification in simple words. 

“No. That’s ridiculous.” Ying felt a bit embarrassed being told that so bluntly. 

“In other words, all you have to do is continue following my orders and you will be properly rewarded for your efforts. As your leader, it is my job to help you conquer your goals as you aid me in accomplishing my goals. Of course, Hu Tao and Bing are exempt from this.” Jing made sure to state. 

“Don’t forget that I own you two. Your wants, desires, and dreams aren’t of any concern of mine. But, if you manage to satisfy me with your accomplishments, then there is room for discussion.”  

  Hu Tao yawned in response while Bing looked as foolish as usual. He was the only one bowing to her while everyone else was more relaxed. Jing thought it was silly but it wasn’t bothering her. She found amusement in Bing’s attempts to please her with his servitude. Since no one was speaking, she decided to continue. 

“So, before I send you all out of my house, I want to ask you all a question.” Jing smiled. “What would you to name ourselves?” 

“You’re letting us decide?” Wan Qing asked, slightly shocked. Jing nodded silently with an amused smile on her face. 

“Hey Jing! I don’t really care what we’re called but when are we going to war with the Inner Faction? My blood is boiling at getting revenge at those assholes.”  

“In due time. Just wait for my orders. For now, do as I asked.” Jing told him. 

“Let’s just call ourselves Jing’s Followers and get out of here.” Hu Tao yawned again. 

“No way! That’s not even a good name!” Ying disagreed. 

“And you can think of something better, Princess?” Hu Tao laughed, insulting her. 

“It’s 100 times better than your stupid name.” 

“And what is it?” 

“Give me a second to think!” 

“What if we called ourselves Heaven’s Gate?” Lei Zhi suggested. 

“Is the Empress supposed to be Heaven?” Bing asked. 

“A more fitting name would be Demonic Legion then if we took in Jing’s likeness with it.” Wan Qing spoke. 

“I’m a demon?” Jing smiled. 

“I didn’t say that.” Wan Qing said. 

“What about Hu Tao’s Bitches?”  

“No.” Everyone but Jing replied. 

“Hey! What the hell?! Here I was trying to be a nice guy and contribute but you assholes are ganging up on me!?” 

“No one’s ganging up on you. Quit whining like a baby.” Ying told him. 

“You’re a fucking baby!” 

“Now he’s throwing a tantrum.” Ying laughed. 

“Don’t think that just because you got one over me last time, I won’t break your ass! Jing is the only reason why that happened!” 

“Bring it you stupid dog! You’re not the only one who changed after the Treasured Plains.” 

“What if we called ourselves Nine Heavens Executioners?” Bing proposed, strictly staying out of Ying’s and Hu Tao’s argument. 

“I don’t want to be an executioner. How about Heaven's Angels?” Lei Zhi said in response. 

“That name isn’t so bad...” Wan Qing didn’t mind being called an angel. 

“I’m fine with it. So that’s what we’re going with?” Bing asked for clarification. 

“Ying? Hu Tao? Any thoughts?” Lei Zhi asked them. 

“Shut it!” They replied together. 

  Their argument has reached full tilt. Ying reaching for her sword and Hu Tao’s spinning his chain around in his hand. One’s face filled with anger and the other with a teasing grin. Jing watched on with amusement while everyone else got out of their way. They could feel the tension rising and the inevitable clash soon to come. 

  But just as Ying was about to leap forward with her giant demonic sword, there was a sudden intrusion at the door. From the door, came three disciples who broke the door down with a single kick. No one knew who they were or where they were from but it seems like they knew exactly why they’re here. They wore the standard sect robes that didn’t show any affiliation with a specific faction inside the sect. 

“Jing. Come with us. Our leader would like to talk to you.” A 6th stage Qi Consolidator demanded. 

“And if I refuse?” Jing asked, a bit amused by the situation. 

  To think that someone would break down her door and demand something from her. It was so ridiculous that Jing had a hard time keeping herself from laughing in their faces. If this leader behind these clowns weren’t stronger than her. Hu Tao will have a few friends to play with soon. 

“Hmm? I don’t believe that I was asking for your opinion.” 

“Either you follow us or you follow us. There is no third option.” The 3rd stage Qi Consolidator added. 

“Alright, since I do find this situation entertaining, I will give you three an option as well.” Jing spoke to them. 

“Don’t get ahead of yourself little girl! You’re just a Qi Gatherer! No matter how talented you are, know your place!” The 4th stage shouted, the last home intruder. 

“Now follow us. I won’t repeat myself.” The 6th stage ordered. 

“I won’t repeat myself either. So, listen well. You three will kneel before me, apologize for breaking into my home, and tell me everything you can about your group. Am I clear?” 

  The three disciples acted as if they had a hearing problem. Confusion splattered itself all over their faces before quickly turning into disbelief and anger. One even tried striking her after hearing her words. He used a movement art and appeared right in front of Jing’s face with his hand raised, intending to slap her across the face. Li Li took a small leap from Jing’s shoulder and kicked the man across the face before his palm could reach. He was sent flying outside the door, sliding across the grass out front. 

  This caused the other two to prepare themselves for a fight. But what they actually prepared for was nothing but a one-sided beaten by a single owl. Their attempts to defeat the quick flying bird was pathetic in Jing’s eyes. None of them could touch him while he kicked them all outside Jing’s house. His attacks rained on them until they couldn’t put up a single act of resistance anymore. That was when Jing got up from her chair and walked outside to the badly beaten cultivators. 

“Apology?” Jing requested. 

“You don’t know who you’re messing with!” Blood leaked from his mouth. 

“You’re gonna regret ever touching us!” One of his arms was bent at a strange angle. 

“Hmph. Strong spirit beast but it won’t be enough to save you from our leader!” This one’s head was bleeding. 

“None of those words sounded like an apology to me. What do you guys think?” Jing asked her followers. 

Heheh... I definitely didn’t hear an apology.” Hu Tao joined in with a wide grin. 

“If these assholes broke into my house, I would’ve killed them on the spot!” Ying scoffed. 

“It was certainly rude.” Lei Zhi said. 

“I’m glad we came to an agreement then. Lei Zhi, would you mind convincing them for me? If I do it myself, well, there’s no certainties that they’ll be sane by the end of it.” Jing asked. 

“I can give it a try sure. But I'm not so sure that I’ll be able to stop them from...” 

“Wan Qing, Hu Tao, protect him.”  

“What’s in it for me?” Hu Tao brazenly asked. 

“If they resist you can do whatever you want to them.” She told him. 

“What about us?” Ying asked. 

“Our goal right now is to simply increase our influence. I don’t have any specific tasks for you all to accomplish as of yet but I will let you know when I do. You all can leave.” 

  Instead of leaving, they all stayed to watch Lei Zhi’s interrogation. Jing was also interested in seeing his God’s Fingers martial art in action. So, Heaven’s Angels watched the most peaceful man in their group work his magic. A sight that would ingrain itself into their minds for the future to come. This would be his first time trying this and he planned on doing it right from the beginning. 


Starting arcs are always the hardest for me. I have to make sure to properly deal with issues i’ve brought up or mentioned in the last arc. I have total freedom to go in any direction i very well please and its that freedom that kind of overwhelms me. Where should i start?! What should i make this chapter on or about?! What’s the point of the chapter? Does it lead to something more in the plot or is it just a filler chapter to show the characters’s personalities? 

  Those are usually my thoughts when i start on a new arc or finish an arc.

Comment/Review on the story readers and give me ideas on possible xianxia things you want to see! No guarantees that I will add what you want. But it helps to have ideas out there. Please point out any mistakes you notice or anything you're not clear about. I'll try to answer them and fix them to the best of my abilities.

117