Chapter 134: A Core Staged Disciple?!
2.5k 11 87
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Comment/Review on the story readers and give me ideas on possible xianxia things you want to see! No guarantees that I will add what you want. But it helps to have ideas out there. Please point out any mistakes you notice or anything you're not clear about. I'll try to answer them and fix them to the best of my abilities.


“You’re Jing, correct?” An incredibly beautiful young man walked up to her. 

  Jing was in the middle of accepting her last task of the month inside the Mission Hall. After accepting the task, Jing turned around to face the man. There were plenty of ways of going about this sudden encounter. But Jing was interested in what he was going to ask. This disciple was a face she hasn’t seen before. 

“And you are?” She asked. 

“Sorry for my rudeness, call me Jig.” He performed a small bow. 

“Why did you wish to speak with me?” People were beginning to stare. 

  And it was no surprise why they were being stared at either. This guy was a Core Disciple with an incredibly high cultivation base. Someone like him shouldn’t even be in the Outer Court in the first place. There was also the fact that he was treating Jing with such respect despite being a Core Stage cultivator. Jig was stronger than some elders! What could someone of his lofty status want with a freak like Jing? 

“I believe we should head somewhere more suitable before speaking about such things. Would you please follow me?” He asked politely. 

“Very well.” Jing followed behind Jig as they left the Mission Hall. 

  Before she passed through the doors, Jing slapped a certain talisman on the wall in case something unexpected happens. Jig was probably aware of what she did but most likely didn’t know what type of talisman she placed down. It also would’ve been rude for him to question her just yet. They have never met before and he had something he wanted to talk with her about. She didn’t have to follow him or answer anything at all if she didn’t want to. 

  Jig led her deep into the sect. Past the Outer Court and into the Inner Court before taking her to the court beyond the Inner Court. This was where the Elders and Core Disciples lived. Massive houses that stretched across a seemingly endless field. The quality of air and qi here was far superior to that in the Inner and Outer Court. It still didn’t hold a candle to Ying’s Void World and that made Jing a bit proud. But mostly she felt disappointed about the difference in treatment.  

  Unless the cost of making the air and qi here was expensive which it probably was, Jing didn’t see why they didn’t just make all three of the Courts have the same fantastic quality for cultivating. Another thing she plans to do after taking over the sect. Just seeing the way, the Golden Serpent Sect runs itself makes her brain want to squish itself into goop. How did they ever hope to improve and how in the world are they one of the top sects in the world? Something about the trash way they run this sect works well and Jing wasn’t sure if it was the cutthroat survival of the fittest method they have the disciples work under or something else she didn't know about. 

“I hope this is worth the walk. You brought me quite far from home.” Jing chatted. 

“I wouldn’t waste the time of a prodigy such as yourself for no good reason. I heard of what you’ve done to the others that treated you rudely. A fate I wouldn’t wish to suffer myself.” He smiled. 

“You’re not so bad yourself. Reaching the core stage in your 20’s. Not just anyone could accomplish a feat like that.” Jing complimented. 

  This compliment by Jing caused him to slightly pause. Jing’s eyes peered into this short moment of pause to analyze him further. He wondered how did she know he was in his twenties and not just hiding his age with cultivation? Was it a martial art that could tell the bone age of someone? Why would a prodigy like Jing get a useless martial art like that? That couldn’t be it. 

“Thank you...” Jig forced a smile. 

“Who’s your master?” Jing asked. 

“Elder Zhong. You may not know him though as he keeps a low profile.” He answered without a problem. 

“You mean the Elder in charge of the library?” Jing thought. 

“That’s him.” 

“I didn’t know he took disciples.” 

“That is somewhat related to what I wish to talk to you about Jing. Please come inside my home.” He politely asked. 

“Hm.” Jing didn’t sense any talismans or other traps surrounding his home. 

  She walked inside to the small home. Unlike all the other massive mansions filled with servants, Jig’s home was far quainter and more peaceful. It resembled the small shacks in the Outer Court but a thousand times better. On the outside, it looked homely and inviting, like the type of place where an old couple were to spend the remainder of their lives together with no connection with the outside world. The construction of the house was perfect and didn’t look as if it was going to collapse from heavy wind. On the inside, there were few objects to take notice of. Just simple everyday furniture but no windows. 

“Would you like some tea?” He asked. 

“I’m fine.” Jing responded. 

“Please take a seat. I’m not sure how long this’ll take and wouldn’t want you to feel uncomfortable by standing the whole time.” He offered. 

  Jing took a seat on the opposite side of his wooden table. Taking a close look at the table, revealed that it wasn’t made out of any standard wood. This craftmanship... Could this possibly be some sort of spirit object? Or did a carpenter make this out of special spirit wood? Jing wished she could refine some of the furniture in her home. Actually, she wished she could refine the entire house! But that wasn’t possible with SCP-914's size and material limit. 

  Jing couldn’t refine everything under the heavens. She couldn’t refine things that she couldn’t bring into herself. So that translated to various objects such as heavy objects, large objects, liquids not held in glasses or cups, gases, and people bigger than her. These restrictions didn’t really affect her too much in the long run. The many things that she could refine were more than enough to benefit her compared to the things she couldn’t. 

“Jing, I would like to ask for your assistance.” 

“I’m sure you do, considering you brought me all the way out here.” 

“You see, my junior brother has recently involved himself in some trouble over a girl. Trouble that is too big for a person of his strength to deal with. He will most likely die if he doesn’t receive any help anytime soon.” 

“You aren’t able to help him for some reason?” Jing understood. 

“That’s correct. Neither me nor my Master are able to intervene in the trouble my junior brother has gotten into. If we get involved, the situation will explode into something that’ll involve the Golden Serpent Sect and possibly start an avoidable war.” 

“So you sought me out for my strength, not my potential?” Jing asked. 

“That’s right. You, a disciple in the Qi Gathering stage that can survive a battle with a beast in the Core Realm, is perfect for something like this. But I understand that you aren’t willing to do something like this without proper payment. We have never met or spoke before and you have no obligation to help me in anyway. However, I am willing to pay any price for you to save my junior brother from dying.” 

[Mission available for host!] 

[Save Jig’s junior brother from dying a horrible death! Jig’s junior martial brother is actually a person of fate! Xun Liuxian! His death isn’t preordained at this time by the heavens and they are trying to prevent his death by any means possible!] 

[Rewards: SCP-682, soul refining orb, Banner of Death] 

‘Interesting... I thought the being behind the system had a grudge against the persons of fate. The rewards look especially good but maybe that just shows how difficult this mission really is. I need to prepare myself well.’  

“Any price?” Jing wanted clarification. 

“Anything within my means.” He quickly corrected. 

“Having a Core Realm disciple owe me a favor isn’t a bad deal at all. But just one favor isn’t enough for me to risk my neck for someone I don’t know. Three favors and we have a deal.” Jing offered. 

“Two.” He spoke up. 

“Three and that’s my final offer.” 

“Two and I'll allow you and your followers into the Training Array for an entire day.” He counter offered. 

“I believe we discussed enough.” Jing got up. 

  With Ying’s Void World, nearly nothing inside the sect could keep up with the rate of her angel’s progress. In either martial arts development or cultivation. Jing walked towards the door as Jig was starting to sweat slightly. Was the life of his junior brother worth owing three favors to this strange girl?! Jig already knew the answer to that question but still didn’t like that he had to do this. 

“I accept! Three favors!” He said as she was halfway out the door. 

“The condition just raised to four.” Jing told him plainly. 

“Fine! Four favors! But you have to save my junior brother and bring him back without a single missing limb!” He gave in. 

“It was a pleasure doing business with you Jig. I’ll have him back before the Grand Tournament.” 

“His last known location was near the Emerald Grass Slaying Sect. Please head there first and if he isn’t there, try to find a woman known as Elder Suying. Also do not reveal the fact that you are from the Golden Serpent Sect. The sect can’t be implicated in this in any shape. You are still a big secret within the sect. No one from outside the sect should know of you and if they do, it is only your name, not your appearance. Don’t reveal your name either.” Jig warned. 

“I understand. You wouldn’t mind going to save an angel of mine, would you? His name is Hu Tao and he’s probably going to die soon somewhere in the Inner Court. I have a few things to prepare before I head out to save this brother of yours. Farewell.” Jing slapped a talisman on herself and disappeared. 

“An angel? Oh wait, that’s what she calls her followers. I guess I better head out to the Inner Court then. This sounds simple enough.”  


Now this mission will turn out to be pretty interesting won't it? I'm sure one of those mission rewards got a good majority of you all excited. 

BUT! HOW SIMPLE COULD A MISSION BE THAT IS WILLING TO GIVE SCP-682 AS A REWARD?! ALONG WITH OTHER GOOD SOUNDING STUFF!?

Hehe. Let's find out together.

87