Chapter 138: They Were Annoying.
2.2k 2 74
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Comment/Review on the story readers and give me ideas on possible xianxia things you want to see! No guarantees that I will add what you want. But it helps to have ideas out there. Please point out any mistakes you notice or anything you're not clear about. I'll try to answer them and fix them to the best of my abilities.


“Grass Spirit, it’s time to prove your worth!” Ying felt her connection with the Grass Spirit inside her Void World. 

  She reached inside her sword’s mouth and called out the millions of grass blades invasively growing inside her world. The grass blades started to flow outside of Hao Gang and flew towards the incoming Fearsome Garden girls as if they were thousands of tiny daggers. Some disciples stopped their charge to defend themselves from the grass but there was no need to. Ying threw out her palm and stopped the grass as they were flying and planted them across the ruined and broken floor. In no time, they took root and the mansion was filled with grass. Like an old and broken-down manor with algae and plants growing inside it. 

“I’ll take her on. Just follow up behind me!” Song yelled as she ran towards Ying, ignorant of the grass. 

  Ying already gave them a chance to live by coming to talk in the first place. After refusing her polite actions, it was their own fault that she had to deal with them now. She was starting to think that Bing and Lei were having an effect on her. If it was before she met them, she wouldn’t have tried to talk with the Roses at all. The old Ying would’ve marched right up those stairs and broke that damn door down to talk to Meihu. 

  As the Fearsome Garden members were about to reach Ying, suddenly they all felt a piercing pain stab through their feet. Ying’s hand gestured in the air as the grass started to grow in height from her qi. The grass began to wrap around the cultivators and draining them of their fluids. Not even Song was spared from the grasp of the plant. After Ying gave her fire qi to the greenery burned ablaze, its blades were hot enough to melt her ice armor and strong enough to hold all of them in place. 

“It burns! It burns!” 

“Ahh!!! Song help us!” 

“The energy in my body is leaving me! Song save us!” 

  In no time, the disciples were swiftly taken care of without a single chance to resist. All of their martial arts were useless when being drained of their qi and bodily fluids. Their life-saving treasures only delayed the inevitable as they still weren’t strong enough to break free of the grass without an absurd amount of physical strength. The pain of burning alive while being sucked dry was too much for most of them to bear but it wasn’t as if they could just faint and tune out the pain. That doesn’t exactly work when you’re being burned alive. 

  Song was forced to hear the dying screams and pleading from the Petals under her. They were all counting on her to do something. It didn’t matter what, just anything! Her qi was almost nearly drained and the skin on her body was already turning darker. It seems she had no choice but to use the magical treasure she found within the Treasured Plains unless she wanted them all to die without landing a single hit on their enemy. Song brought out the deep purple apple-shaped fruit from her storage ring and took a large bite. 

  It only took a single second before a white flash came over everyone. Frost qi erupted from Song’s figure and froze everything inside the house! No disciple was spared from being frozen. All of the grass grown inside were killed on contact with this bone-chilling freezing qi. Song could feel the heartbeats of the Petals behind her, meaning that they were still alive. But along with the Petals, Ying was also still alive. 

  Despite Song focusing most of her frost qi directly at her. Song shattered the grass still hanging on to her and walked over to the frozen Ying. The frost qi flowing through her body was amplified by that fruit. It wasn’t a stretch to say that she was in the 1st stage of the Qi Consolidation realm if you were measuring her power right now. In regards to qi strength anyway.  

“Penguin’s Chop.” Song’s hand took the form of a frost blade with a concentrated amount of frost qi centered around it. 

  Ying’s eyes stared directly at Song while she was trapped inside the ice. She was starting to regret being so merciful earlier. Maybe having Bing and Lei rub off on her wasn’t such a good thing. If she used her sword from the beginning, they would’ve been chopped in half in no time and she would’ve been behind that door by now. None of this crap that’s making her use more energy than she needed to. Wan Qing’s words from before still float around in her head about not underestimating her opponents. Meihu couldn’t have become the leader of a clan like this for so long without having some strength or trick to her name. 

“Die!” Song smiled a cruel grin as her hand came soaring toward Ying’s midsection. 

  Crack! Crack! Crack! The ice entombing Ying shattered into pieces just from her brute strength alone. She used the blunt end of Hao’s body to block the girl’s palm, causing Song’s to break all the bones in her hand. The muffled scream of hers was soon silenced by Ying’s follow-up attack. A simple punch with all her strength behind it to the chest. 

  Song was sent flying through the doors of the mansion all the way outside with her rib cage completely shattered. Turning her back on the barely alive but still suffering shorty, Ying made her way up the stairs to deal with Meihu. She already knew there was no negotiating about having her faction come under theirs after what she just did to her people. Her task has just switched from a negotiation to total annihilation. Now she just had to prepare herself for a simple one on one fight. 

  As Ying was about to break down the giant doors, a question came to her mind. Why hasn’t Meihu come out of this room even once? Most of the entrance area was destroyed and there were all kinds of sounds coming from it earlier. Did she trust her followers that much? To deal with whatever problem that showed up at their front door? 

“Whatever.” Ying broke down the door with a single punch and her question was answered very quickly. 

  It turns out Meihu was simply in the middle of cultivating. Ying held her giant sword over her shoulder and thought about how easy it would be to separate her broad shoulders from her neck. All it would take was a casual swing with Hao and her business here would be finished. She would get her rewards from Jing and could spend the rest of the time training for the Grand Tournament. 

“Get up and fight with me.” Ying gently tapped the cultivating girl’s forehead with her knuckle. 

  Her eyes slowly opened up. The confusion stretching itself across her face was understandable. Neither of these two women have ever met face to face before. It looks like Meihu was on the verge of breaking into the Qi Consolidation realm before she rudely interrupted her. Her attempt wasn’t completely wasted as she’s a half-step inside the Qi Consolidation realm.  

“Who are you?” She glared. 

“Go look out the door and then come back and talk with me. It’ll be easier for you to understand.” Ying told her. 

  Meihu did as she suggested and the next moment Ying saw her, she was flying towards her with pure rage and hatred in her eyes. Ying reacted the same way she did when Song tried that. She blocked using the blunt side of her sword and waited to see Meihu break her hand. But surprisingly, Ying was pushed back by her strength! The Pig Mistress of the Outer Court forced Ying backwards with just her fist! 

  The surprise Ying felt after being knocked back wasn’t small! She considered herself one of the strongest disciples in the Outer Court in terms of physical strength. Seeing that someone had similar strength to her was something she could say she definitely didn’t expect. But that didn’t mean she was completely caught off guard. Ying didn’t come here believing that one of the head of the 3 top factions in the Outer Court would be a pushover. 

“Why did you do it?” Meihu asked, shaking the numbness out of her fist. 

“I got annoyed.” Ying answered honestly. 

So, you ruin all my years of hard work just because you were annoyed?” Meihu’s killing intent rose even higher. 

  Ying could only shrug. It wasn’t like she wanted things to turn out like this. She wanted things to end on a good note. That way she could save her strength and keep training for the Grand Tournament. But they had to be annoying and couldn’t just let her speak to Meihu. Seriously, it made no sense to her why they didn’t just let her have a small chat with Meihu. They could’ve just told her she was cultivating! Coming back at a later time would’ve been perfectly fine for her. 

“Don’t expect to leave this place alive.” Meihu’s qi rose to epic proportions. 

“I won’t hold back either.” Ying held her greatsword with both hands in a proper sword stance. 


I don't know if you guys still remember how Ying was at the start of this novel but she has come some way from her start thanks to Lei Zhi and Bing. When writing this chapter I almost forgot that Ying's personality was based on a tomboyish tsundere set in a cultivation world. So murdering people for pissing her off was just the natural course of things and not something out of character or place for her to do. Kind of easy to forget that these cultivation people are all freaking insane.

74