Chapter 144: Starting a Family War!
2.2k 5 78
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Comment/Review on the story readers and give me ideas on possible xianxia things you want to see! No guarantees that I will add what you want. But it helps to have ideas out there. Please point out any mistakes you notice or anything you're not clear about. I'll try to answer them and fix them to the best of my abilities.


  In the time it took one to blink, the battle was over just like that. Teng shot forward with his sword and aimed his sword directly at Hu Tao’s throat. In Daddy Su and Mommy Su’s eyes, Hu Tao was already dead. They didn’t even need to see the finishing blow to know that Hu Tao was killed in the first blow. Jie had thoughts contrary to her mother and father. In fact, she too already knew who would win this duel her father arbitrarily thought of. 

  It would’ve been better if her father told Hu Tao to survive against him instead. Because Hu Tao has fought way worse than her cousin Su Teng at the sect. She doubted her cousin has ever fought anyone stronger than himself in a life-or-death battle. Hu Tao doesn’t do anything but fight people stronger than himself. It was sad but Jie believed that there was no other outcome in this fight besides Teng losing horribly. The two small stages difference between the two wasn’t something that Jie thought would affect anything. That man named Hu Tao wasn’t something that logic could reasonably identify with. His martial talent and combat prowess was too inhuman. 

  Hu Tao’s foot flicked upward and knocked Teng’s blade out his hands, flipping through the air. By the time it stabbed into the ground, Teng was rendered weaponless with Hu Tao’s foot pointed at his throat. Only two people were assured of his victory, Hu Tao himself and Jie. None of the other spectators believed he could win. 

“That’s the thing with you nobles. You’re all so weak in a real fight. You rely on shit like that and this to get by in fights instead of real skill.” Hu Tao gestured to the earth-ranked sword and the spirit tool necklace he just snatched from Teng’s neck. 

“I’ll show you weak commoner!” He grabbed Hu Tao’s foot and attempted to push it out of his face. 

  Only for Hu Tao to jab his foot into Teng’s throat and force him to collapse to the ground. If he wanted, that kick could’ve closed his windpipe. He was a stubborn idiot that didn’t even know that he held his life in his hands at the very moment. Daddy Su and Mommy Su wouldn’t have been able to save him if Hu Tao truly wanted him dead there. 

  Runt didn’t think that his boss could take on someone from the famous Su Family and live! The noble Su Family was known throughout Dragon City as a family to not mess with under any circumstances. Nobody wanted to get on the bad side of them except the Ren Family which practically owned the Su Family. Until now, it seemed. Runt figured out that there was going to be a big war between the Su and Ren Families. And his boss seemed to be an important part of it! 

  A disgruntled and annoyed look appeared on Daddy Su’s face. He and his wife both understood in that one exchange that the current Teng could never defeat Hu Tao even if he gave it everything he had. It seems the Golden Serpent Sect disciples really are something to be feared. Maybe he was too quick to hate the boy for how much trust his daughter placed in him. If that was at least 1% of that boy’s power, then they really did stand a chance against their oppressors. 

  With a heavy sigh, Daddy Su spoke words of war, “Ready our forces.” Momma Su immediately got to it while Teng bashed his fist against the floor, lamenting his weakness. Jie placed her hand on his shoulder and crouched down next him. “You’re not the only one he’s made feel this way. He’s abnormal even for the most talented at the Golden Serpent Sect.” She comforted. It somewhat worked knowing that Hu Tao was a freak among geniuses. But he still decided to increase his training for the future going forward. 

“So, what’s the plan here? Or are we going to talk about it when everyone is ready?” Hu Tao casually asked. 

“Wait until the family is ready, then we’ll discuss the plan.” Daddy Su answered. 

“What’s the quickest way to your roof?” Hu Tao suddenly questioned. 

“What? Why?” Jie was confused by this weird question. 

“You’ll see. Now just point me the way.” 

  It took a few hours until everyone was gathered, giving Hu Tao plenty of time to get on the roof and Runt to take a bath with several beautiful maids to wash him. When he returned, all the Su Family fighters were gathered inside the training room. Hu Tao stood next to the prince-like Runt while Jie stood in between her parents. Everyone stared at Hu Tao and Runt in curiosity or open hostility. The build-up to an all-out brawl was getting the blood inside Hu Tao’s body to boil. He was getting excited about this. And the speech that Daddy Su spoke to get all their fighters riled up, was only wasting time in his opinion. These bastards should’ve already been ready to kill the assholes that’s been oppressing them for years. 

“So, I go right up in their front door and start fighting?” Hu Tao questioned. 

“Kill as many as you can. We will come in once we see that you are getting overrun or outmatched by a martial artist from their family.” 

“Ah, no interruptions huh? Sounds good to me. Runt stay inside there while your Boss has fun. Tell Blackie I said to not lay a finger on you. I know that sick fuck is willing to mess with kids too.” Hu Tao explained as Runt was swallowed up by a black puddle. 

“Boss?! Where am I going!?” 

“Just sit tight and watch your Boss.” He casually explained. 

“Okay?!” Runt was terrified out of his mind but trusted his Boss. 

“Remember. Tell Blackie that I said you are off limits.” 

“Who is Blackie!?” 

“You’ll know when you see him.”  

  Runt was completely engulfed by the blackness and everyone watching was stunned and confused. 

“Now. Let’s get this war started!” Hu Tao kicked an opening in the wall and hopped out the building despite how far up they were. 

  Heading straight towards the entrance of the Ren Family’s building not too far away from the Su Family’s. He crashed through the door with a roll and his chains spread out all around him. The chains wrapped up anyone they hit and caused a mass screaming to ensue once they started squeezing. Soon they were ripped to shreds without a single person being able to resist and Hu Tao casually walked up to the next floor. A similar amount of people were on the second floor just like they were on the first floor but Hu Tao didn’t kill them like how he did on the first floor. 

  While he could easily just go through killing these mortals and Qi Gatherers with his chains, it wasn’t satisfying. So, instead he decided to make himself known to the Ren Family. He wanted a real war with countless enemies all around him to fight. When he was younger, he even participated in a few mortal wars. This wouldn’t be anything new to him. 

“I will kill a person every 5 seconds until you all gain enough confidence to stop me.” Hu Tao told them. 

“Do you know which noble family you are threatening!?” 

“You are too young to throw away your life like this but examples must be made of.” 

“The Ren Family is not merciful to those that don’t give us any face.” 

“5 seconds have passed.” Hu Tao whipped his leg out and sent the closest person near him spiraling into the wall. His neck snapped on impact with Hu Tao’s foot, killing him before he crashed into the wall. 

“What?!” 

“You dare kill a member of the Ren Family inside their own building!?” 

“You’re insane!”  

  Their words were spoken as if they were in a position of power but all of them were openly cowering away. Unconsciously moving their bodies together in hopes that maybe he wouldn’t kill them if they were in a group. All of them instantly understood that they stood no chance against the intruder. A beautiful kick like that was more than enough for them to know the difference between themselves and Hu Tao. They couldn’t kick a mortal like that and kill him so skillfully. 

“Another 5 seconds are up.” Hu Tao’s chains shot out like a viper and grabbed a random Qi Gatherer. 

“No! Spare me! Help!” He latched onto the nearest person next to him before he was pulled towards Hu Tao, dooming them both. 

  It only took Hu Tao a single punch each to put each of them out of their terror. 

“You can all start running now.” He grinned. 

  They dashed up the stairs screaming about an incredibly powerful enemy on the second floor. The Ren Family members who witnessed Hu Tao’s horrible brutality ran all the way up to the 7th floor. At that point they were stopped by one of the stronger members in the Ren Family. Demanding that they explained why lower ranking family members like them were doing so high up in the building.  Which they did so with gusto. This sent the Ren Family into panic mode. Numerous cultivators were sent to the second floor where Hu Tao was leisurely eating an purple fruit. 

“Took you guys long enough. I’m not waiting any longer, alright?” Hu Tao stretched his bones that have been lying around for a good 10 minutes or so. 

78