Chapter 147: I’m Pretty Fast Too.
2.2k 6 73
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Comment/Review on the story readers and give me ideas on possible xianxia things you want to see! No guarantees that I will add what you want. But it helps to have ideas out there. Please point out any mistakes you notice or anything you're not clear about. I'll try to answer them and fix them to the best of my abilities.


“What the hell is going on down there?! Is our family one that can be messed with just by any random youth on the street?!” The Ren Family’s Patriarch, Ren Heng, banged his fist onto the table and split it in half. 

“This youth isn’t any ordinary youth. He’s a prodigy that can fight those above his own stage.” The Ren Family’s Pill Head, Ren Delun stated. 

“And we don’t have any geniuses of our own that can’t do the same!?” Heng was about to blow his top. 

“We sent Hao to deal with him. He should be able to deal with this intruder easily.” The Ren Family’s Youth Head, Ren Fenfang, calmly reassured the agitated Patriarch. 

“Hao? Hao... That little brat that couldn’t defeat the City Lord’s kid?” Heng tried to place his finger on who Hao was. 

“That’s correct. Hao is still very strong compared to those in his age group. If anyone is capable of killing the intruder, it should be him.“ Fenfang was confident in her nephew’s strength. 

“And if he isn’t?” Heng glared at her. 

“Then I'll go down there myself and personally put an end to this sham.” She told him. 

“Does anyone know if news got out about our family being attacked by a single youth?!” Heng demanded. 

“I’ve been keeping a close watch Patriarch and as far as I could tell, no one in the city has been alerted. I had my men patch up any outside damages and stop any family members from leaving the building. so that no one would think anything was going on inside.” The Ren Family’s Public Head, Ren Meixiu, relayed. 

“Good... Good...” The boiling anger filling up within Heng was somewhat soothed by these words. “Make sure that no one finds out about this great disgrace! Fenfang! What’s the point of me giving you so many resources if none of the youth in our family can’t even properly utilize them!?” He directed his anger towards her. 

“Have you seen the boy Patriarch?” She calmly asked despite feeling the killing intent focused solely on her. 

“What? Of course I have! It’s shameful that someone like that is capable of forcing us to even think of solutions to deal with crap like this! The issues of the youth should stay with the youth! They deal with their own problems and if anyone in our age group tries to interfere that’s when we move in. To protect them!” He grumbled. 

“Patriarch. Have you seen him? Looked at him? The way he fights? His martial arts? His bloodline? His weapon? His origins?” She continued to question. 

“Get to the point.” The bones in his hands crackled with a frightening amount of qi. 

“This boy is no simple youth. He’s a martial arts prodigy. To put it simply, his worth is most likely more than any other youth in the entire city if you combine his age with the prowess of his martial skill. If he’s allowed to leave this building alive, there’s no doubt in my mind that he’s going to become a figure known throughout the continent.” She shared. 

“Then we have to kill him immediately!” Delun suggested. 

“I must agree... Do you believe the City Lord’s son would stand a chance against the boy if they were in the same stage?” Meixiu asked. 

“He would not.” She answered simply. 

“Then why in the hell did you send Hao down there?! Are you pointlessly wasting the lives of all our youth!?” 

“Because Hao will not restrict himself to the same stage as the boy. He will show no mercy and give it everything he’s got to kill the boy because of his recent defeat against the City Lord’s son. Do you remember the cracked void world we found? The number of spirit tools and weapons we gained from that excursion was not little. Hao did not show his full power against the City Lord’s son but inside our own building, he wouldn’t need to hold himself back. Because there is no one watching but us.” Fenfang smiled. 

  Heng gave an annoyed sigh as he was forced to place his trust in her. If they really had to get involved with a youth as elders then it would be deeply shameful if anyone found out. He would just have to trust that his daughter, Meixiu, to keep any news of this from getting out. Heng’s trust in Hao wasn’t as high as Fenfang’s but he didn’t feel too worried since no one knew about their current circumstance. 

“Has anyone asked the boy why he’s even here?” Delun quietly brought up. 

  Everyone’s eyes focused on him. He suddenly felt as if he asked the wrong question or something because of how they were looking at him. Maybe he should’ve just kept his mouth shut. Now the Patriarch was probably going to yell at him just like he did Fenfang. 

“That’s a good question. Why is this child here?” Heng asked. To his surprise, not a single person knew. 

“Is it possible that we could make a deal with this boy to work with us?” Delun soon asked after. 

“Impossible.” Fenfang shook her head. “He’s came here to fight us.”  

“And after all the trouble he’s caused us, he isn’t leaving this building with his head attached.” Meixiu vowed. 


“So, you’re the fiancé huh?” Hu Tao cracked the knuckles with a grin on his face. 

  The handsome pretty boy in front of him staring at him with hatred in his eyes and a sword gripped in his hand seemed very pissed that Hu Tao killed so many people. He was at the 9th stage of the Qi Consolidation realm. Which meant that if he was really serious about this, this was going to be a pretty fun damn fight. Hu Tao didn’t believe he would lose but he wasn’t completely sure that he could win either. If the bastard was in the Core Preparation stage then he wouldn’t be able to win. That gap between the realms was something almost uncrossable as you got higher up the realms. Even if he used his full strength and held nothing back, at best, he would be able to take a limb or cripple something else equally as important to a 1st stage Core Preparation cultivator. 

Fiancé?” He questioned before shaking his head. “I cannot let you leave here alive for what you did to my family.” He pointed his sword at Hu Tao. 

“I was hoping you’d say something like that.” Hu Tao casually brought his hands behind his head, leaving himself completely open. 

“Name yourself.” He demanded. 

“Nah.” Hu Tao refused. The eyebrows on his forehead grew even more furrowed. 

“The name of the one that will deal with you is called Ren Hao. Prepare yourself.” Hao entered his martial stance. 

“Hao, huh? Sounds like a bitch’s name.” Hu Tao insulted with a mocking laugh. 

  In the middle of his laugh, Hao attacked. His blade poised to strike Hu Tao’s throat. The laughing Hu Tao in Hao’s eyes wasn’t able to react to his sword as it skewered his throat. Without even looking at the corpse, he withdrew his weapon and began walking away when the laughing stopped. But just as he was about to leave, the laughing started up again. 

“What?!” Hao turned his head to see that Hu Tao’s wound disappeared entirely! As if it was never there in the first place! 

“You’re pretty fast, huh? It’s been a while since I had to breakout this technique.” Hu Tao happily shared. “Let’s see if you can keep up.” He tapped into the power hidden within his chain and ball. 

  Hu Tao’s entire being merged with lightning and thunder. Blood-colored lightning zipped and zapped all over his figure. The pupils in his eyes transformed into bolts of lightning. His chain and ball turned into electricity along with his massive spiked up hair. Those from the Ren Family could instantly tell that whatever just happened to their foe wasn’t good for them. Hao immediately started taking this fight seriously after feeling the spike in Hu Tao’s qi. 

“You’re not just any 4th stage Qi Consolidator...” Hao realized. 

“Do you think an ordinary 4th stage could do all the shit I'm doing to your weak ass family? Retard!” Hu Tao laughed. 

“I was saving something like this for Geming but it seems I can’t go easy on someone like you.” 

“If you dare go easy on me, consider the lives of all these weaklings gone.” Hu Tao threatened. 

“Now that I'm here, you won’t be able to kill anyone else.” He calmly placed a talisman on his sword, shoulders, and legs. 

“Oh really? Well, let’s see about that, Pretty Boy.” Hu Tao vanished from his previous spot as subtle but powerful changes began to awaken in Hao’s body. 

  His leg was about to completely bore a hole through one of the watching Ren Family members. Only for Hao to appear there just in the nick of time to save him. Hu Tao’s foot made contact with Hao’s sword and it took all of his strength to resist being sent flying out of the building. Blood dripped from his lips for how much he had to withstand from that single kick. The only thing present on Hu Tao’s face was a savage wild grin. 

“Looks like endurance isn’t your thing. You must not be a hit with the chicks, huh?” Hu Tao joked as Hao sent him flying away with his sword. 

“Thank you, Hao! Everyone retreat! We will only get in the way of Hao if we continue to stay here!” The saved Ren Family member shouted. 

Awh, how sweet. They realized they would be nothing but burdens if they stayed here. You know what would be funny though? What if I killed them before they could escape?” Two red clones split from his body and started chasing after the fleeing nobles. 

“No! You vile fiend!” Hao cried as he tried to force his way past Hu Tao. 

“Ah. You’re fighting me, remember? Hey! Hey! Hey!” Hu Tao’s palms matched each of Hao’s sword strikes.  

  No matter how fast Hao sliced, he could not outspeed Hu Tao. The villainous bastard was just as fast as he was even though he was 5 small stages ahead of him! What the hell kind of spirit weapon were those chains!? No! That doesn’t matter, he has to save them. All of the Family Heads are watching his battle, he cannot screw up when the fight just started. 

‘No! No! No!’ Hao brought out a gem from his storage ring and shattered it in his hand. 


The type of person that Hao was written to be was a stereotypical arrogant young master with some talent. 

73