Chapter 270: Future Supreme Commander?!
1.3k 5 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Comment/Review on the story readers and give me ideas on possible xianxia things you want to see! No guarantees that I will add what you want. But it helps to have ideas out there. Please point out any mistakes you notice or anything you're not clear about. I'll try to answer them and fix them to the best of my abilities.


  A spirit tool on that level was enough to be declared Heaven-ranked. There were thousands of martial arts that some people couldn’t fully master or practice because of their lack of qi. By having something that could give them qi, how hard would it be to become unmatched among their peers!? This spirit tool being in the hands of a 3rd stage Qi Consolidator? Even if he was in the sect’s little monster’s faction, he still wasn’t going to be safe from the countless disciples who planned to take the flute for themselves. 

  Kuai herself was another matter entirely. Her value was in her uniqueness. She’s something that’s never been seen before and could sell for quite a lot on the market. All types of thoughts ran through the minds of these people. Could she/it be bedded? Was it possible to breed with this half-human creature? What of the children born from a human and her/it? Did she have abilities separate from the flute that she hasn’t shown yet? Why was her capture bead black? A color saved only for spirit beasts with heaven-ranked potential. Could she fight? Just where was this heaven-ranked potential in exactly? 

“Watch out, Kuai!” He Wenqing yelled, noticing one of his opponents purposely mislead him. 

  He Wenqing thought he was going to be attacked but his opponent was intending to kill Kuai the entire time! Kuai swung her thick tail in the air and shot into the sky, looking down on the human that tried to attack her. He didn’t give up though, he shot into the air after her. She narrowed her eyes as she briefly lowered her flute from her soft plump pink lips. 

“Go away.” Soft but indecipherable words to humans escaped her lips. 

  A massive unseeable force passed through the air. He Wenqing’s eyes widened in shock and fright as he scurried out of the way, just barely avoiding the qi attack. His opponent crashed into the stage like a bolt of lightning from the heavens. It happened instantly and left a visible mark on the earth itself afterward. He Wenqing was quite nervous after landing back on the ground and hesitantly went over to check on his opponent. 

  It turns out his worries were unnecessary as his team was soon disqualified. Kuai killed the guy who came after her. He Wenqing returned with a reddened face and Kuai followed behind him confused if she did well or not. He couldn’t bear to look at the others but there was someone more than willing to break the awkward silence. 

“You don’t plan to go out there and lose like me, huh?!” Lin Shu stood on the tip of her toes as she tried to look down on He Wenqing. “Guess who came back an even bigger loser than me!”  

“Shut it. How was I supposed to know she was that damn strong...?” Even now, He Wenqing still couldn’t believe Kuai was just a spirit beast at the 9th stage in the Qi Gathering Realm. 

  That power he saw was not something a Qi Gatherer should be able to produce... 

“What happened with Kuai could happen to you two as well.” Lei reminded Xiucai and Lin Shu. “The spirit beasts I've passed on to you are not to be underestimated. They are able to feel, think, and comprehend just like you are. One’s realm isn’t something that you should let limit you. Think of it more as a suggestion, I'd advise.” Lei shared. 

“Sorry.” He Wenqing looked at Lei Zhi. 

“You have nothing to be sorry for to me.” Lei told him. “You, however, need to be more careful with humans.” Lei looked up at Kuai. “Humans are weaker than the creatures where you are from, you need to be gentler with them.” Kuai nodded with an apologetic expression on her face.  

“He.” Wan came over to him. 

“Yeah?” He turned and looked at her. 

“Be careful. Because of your match, a lot of people have their eyes on you now. All of you.” Wan warned Lei’s disciples. 

“Why?” Lin Shu asked. 

“Because people like to take things they see as valuable. And you’re still too weak to protect yourselves just yet. While you may not be one of my Beautiful Angels, you are still an angel. We take care of our own.” Wan explained. 

  Wan planned to become Supreme Commander after all. If she couldn’t take care of their small group as it was now, she’d stand no chance of becoming Supreme Commander after Jing’s becomes Sect Leader. Wan considered it a practice to the work she’d have to do in the future. Eventually, it’ll be her delegating tasks and rewards. Maybe she should try and find fitting martial arts and spirit tools for the new angels. Jing did say she would only directly give her main angels tasks and rewards but she gave Jie some training and gave Runt that camera. 

“Thanks for the warning, Wan, right?” He asked. 

“Right.” Wan Qing felt a little happy to see the farm boy take her words to heart. 

“Appreciate it!” Lin Shu added. 

“If you have any more questions, feel free to ask me in the future.” Wan soon added, feeling like a reliable big sister. 

“...” Xiucai nodded.  

  The next member of Heaven’s Angels to go up to the stage next was Wan Qing! She waved a hand-sized fan and glided on the wind produced by the fan onto the stage. After making it on stage, she tossed a capture bead into the air that soon released a ferocious spirit beast that sent chills at those who saw it. A Golden Panda. 

  No longer was Ni Xong the small little panda cub that could hide between his owner’s legs and was afraid of fighting. Now he towered over Wan Qing while on four legs, the thickness of his limbs were thicker than Wan’s upper body, and his teeth were sharp enough to tear through anything he got his jaws around. Two giant eye-blinding gold gauntlets hung around Ni Xong’s front paws as he stood up on his hind feet. The aura of a martial artist was visible at just a single glance. Wan Qing smiled as she gently rubbed his incredibly soft fur and stood next to him.  

“Are panda cubs supposed to grow that fast?” Bing asked. He could still remember sneaking food to the little bear not too long ago. 

“No.” Lei simply answered. 

“He’s a mutant.” Jing revealed. “Born differently from other Golden Pandas.” That was one of her guesses for why he grew so quickly. 

“Yang!” Plinky explained in a single word. 

“Oh, I didn’t realize Golden Pandas specialized in yang qi but it makes sense.” Lei nodded. 

“What does yang qi do?” Lin Shu asked. 

“It changes depending on the person’s understanding of the martial art.” Bing answered. “Yang could be warmth, it could be fire, it could be the sun’s energy. There are multiple ways of comprehending yang just as there are multiple ways of comprehending yin.” He should know after all. One mistake with his Yin of Destruction & Yang of Creation cultivation technique, he could be crippled for life or dead. 

“Do we need to care about that with our martial arts?” Lin Shu asked Lei. 

“With patients, yes. But for yourselves, no.” Lei answered. 

“Our patients?” He Wenqing didn’t understand. 

“Some patients require specific treatments due to their constitution. Some people have yang-favored constitutions and require you to treat them with special methods or herbs.” Lei explained. “I’ll teach more about this in the future. Learning about it now will only confuse you.” 

“...” Xiucai nodded. He’s heard of people with special physiques but most of the time they were just cultivators with bloodlines. He wondered if what Lei was talking about was different somehow. 


“Hmm, so you two are my teammates, huh?” Wan Qing looked at the two spellmasters. 

  She didn’t know whether to call herself lucky or unlucky.  

“Trapping Spellmaster, Wang.” Wang introduced himself. 

“Harming Spellmaster, Haoran.” Haoran did the same. 

“Beautiful Angel, Wan.” Wan Qing didn’t lack manners. 

“Do you fight with that fan and use the wind?” Haoran asked. 

“Yes, why? Do you have some sort of plan in mind for us to fight together?” Wan had a feeling. 

“That is correct...” Haoran pulled out multiple harming talismans from his storage ring. “Do you know what I'm getting at?” He turned his eyes up at her. 

“I believe so. What about you, Wang? What do you plan to do?” Wan asked. 

“I’ll set multiple trapping formations around us. If I'm understanding both of your intentions, you plan to deal with them from a distance, right?” Wang asked. 

“That’s right. If you can, try to make them easy to enter but difficult to escape. Those that get trapped can be dealt with by this guy here.” Wan massaged Ni Xong’s chin. 

“Sounds good to me. I can do that.” Wang nodded. 

“I suppose we’re ready then.” Haoran took a deep breath. 

“We’re ready!” Wan told the elder watching over their match. He nodded in acknowledgment. 

  The other team wasn’t ready yet. 


For those who have forgotten Plinky is the golden goldfish! The spirit beast transformed by ingesting Li Li's blood and being grown in SCP-124!

40