Ch.1: Welcome to the family
4.8k 14 77
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

’It’s dark…’

Trying to move her limbs she feels like she’s trying to move in water and finds that though she has enough space to wiggle around, that’s as far as she gets before feeling a membrane around her. Another point of interest is that she doesn’t seem to be breathing.

‘Am I dead? No, I can feel my heartbeat.’

She can feel her heartbeat reverberate throughout her whole body. From her fingertips all the way down to the tips of her three lower limbs.

‘No that can’t be right, I have only two legs... I wish I could see what’s going on.’

Some time pass and she can feel how the liquid around her starts to run low and the space starts to feel tight.

‘This would be hell if I was claustrophobic. I mean, you try to spend a week, a month, a year? Kinda hard to tell how long I've been here... Ah right, you try to spend time in a tight space with no light whatsoever.’

More time passes and now she has practically zero space to move around.

‘Fuck this.’

She tries to push her limbs all in different directions and to her surprise she feels next to no resistance from whatever she has been kept in as it practically explodes from her exertion allowing her to fall sprawled on the floor and gasping for air.

‘I’M FREE! AGH BRIGHT!’

She hurriedly brings her hands to cover her eyes that have been blinded from being exposed to light for the first time since forever.

 After a while she lifts her head up from her hands and carefully opens her eyes to let them adjust to the lighting while lifting herself to sit on her knees.

‘Woah this place is straight out of a horror movie.’

She looks around and finds herself brightly lit room with wooden floors and walls, with a cloudy window that you can hardly see through on her right and to her left is a closed door. What made her think of a horror movie is that the walls question were covered with all kinds of jars and bottles of animal parts and liquids of questionable origin, one of which contains a heart that she swears to god seems to be still beating.

‘But why does everything look so big… Ah!’

She looks back down on her hands and finds that they are small. Like, baby small. And that’s not all.

‘This can’t be good.’

Her arms are covered by dark violet fur all the way from her fingers to her shoulders, her fingernails are long starting black and turning blood red towards the tips. Looking further down her body, her legs are covered by that same fur as her arms with her inner thighs and privates left bare. And following her legs down she sees them ending in hooves the same color as her fingernails.  As for that third “leg” she felt earlier? Looking behind her back she sees a reptilian tail the same length as her upper body ending with what resembles a spears tip with four triangular wings. The tails scales are the same combination of black and red as her nails and hooves with a little more focus on red while the tip is black together with the spinal fins that crown the whole top of the tail.

‘Don’t tell me!’

She feels her face and sighs in relief as she feels everything in right places and looking like what a human should have. Then she feels for her ears but doesn’t find them where they should be. She slowly moves her hands up against her head until she finally finds what feel like cat ears on top of her head.

‘Think positive, worst case scenario you can make a living as a freak in a circus… Haa…’

Just then she hears hurried steps behind the door and has hardly any time to think before the door slams open, revealing an orange haired woman who seems to be in her forties trying to catch her breath as she looks around the room as fast as she can. And when her gaze finally finds the little girl with different parts of monsters sitting on the floor, her eyes open so wide they almost pop out off their sockets and she bursts forward scooping the little girl in her arms.

“It worked! It worked!”

The woman jumps up and down while doing a spin or to in between, all the while holding the little girl in her arms, who tries to speak in protest, but only manages to make illegible sounds. And even if she was able to get her words out, the woman seems to be so happy that it’s unlikely that she would stop to hear them.

Suddenly the woman slumps on her knees while crying her eyes out. She tightens her hold on the little girl as if fearing that she would disappear if she let go. The little girl hears the woman muttering “It worked.” over and over again.

After a while the woman seems to have had enough of crying. She lifts the little girls face, looks her straight in to the eyes and says.

“Welcome to the family, Almira.”

77