Arc 1-Chapter 3
544 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3- [The little Prince and the Maidservant]

Prince Ignotus Noir Arkavelnias.

I learned my name. The name of this body. When I heard the name, It suddenly give me this weird tingly feeling. Strange and disturbing.

Other than knowing the name, I also learned a few things about Ignotus and other useful informations. Over the next days, other than being a Prince of a freaking Demon Empire, It also appeared that I am currently living in this town called Lucia. Prince Ignotus is one of the heir candidates over the throne of the Demon Emperor. Why is he in this town, is because the Demon Emperor said himself. So as an obedient child, Prince Ignotus obeyed his father dearest just like his twelve demonic siblings.

Why does the Information sounds so familiar? It wasn't like that I am starting to recover my memories. (If this is really my body and I am supposed to be a Reincarnator)

" Are you feeling well, Prince? "

Succi asked me looking anxious and worried. She fretted and worry over me a lot. She was like a mother hen, if I didn't learn that she was a Succubus, I would think of it as a normal thing for a Sweet and Kind Girl like her. Succi was a kind Succubus who look so innocent and worrywart. It was really a Gap Moe.

Sigh, how many days has it been since the Incident?

I think I am doing well in adapting in my current situation.

.........................

(Succi's PoV)

It's been three days. Three days, since Succi arrived at the Prince's room only to discover that he suffered from an illness called 'Forgetfulness'. After she entered the room and learned that the Prince forget her name (It was fine since she was just a New Servant) and his own name. Succi can't keep calm and immediately search for a reliable help that she can find.

She leave the Prince's residence in search of Apothecary Avro. The Town was busy repairing the damages from the Beast Invasion. A week and days before, she even saw some of them burying the casualties, which was kind of sad. Some of them are even hoping that their dead acquaintances would rise up from the dead and become zombies or skeletons. It was impossible, those things are impossible for them. It wasn't like Undead can be an undead again. Monsters and Demons can't become an Undead. So all of their hope are null. Most of them blamed the Prince for what happened. It wasn't the Prince's Fault. He didn't know that the town would be attacked by those mindless beast.

When Succi arrived in Apothecary's Residence, she didn't expect to find him talking with ArchDuke Sayf, but even her surprise in finding the well known ArchDuke didn't alleviate her worry. She immediately requested his Presence to the Prince's Residence immediately.  ArchDuke Sayf was curious about the happenings so he decided to follow them.

" So your saying that the Prince lose his memories? "

" ...Yes. "

" Are you certain that he wasn't lying? Your Prince has a certain reputation of Untrustworthiness from the general crowd. "

ArchDuke Sayf was looking at him with his apathetic golden eyes. Those words of him, make her unconsciously clench her fist. It's true that everyone didn't trust the Prince, but even she was just a new maidservant, (with the previous maidservants quitting on their position) she knows that the Prince isn't a liar.

" The Prince isn't a liar! I..I am certain! "

She bit her lip and glared at him. Then she remembered her status as a maidservant and regretted her impulsiveness inside her mind. She immediately apologize for her behavior but ArchDuke Sayf just wave it over and look at her in amusement.

" I haven't interacted with the Prince before, I'm curious if I would get a chance to talk to him even through that it seems that the Prince is suffering from an Illness of 'Forgetfulness'. "

Before they arrived at the Prince's residence. Succi decided to ask something important.

" Should i immediately write a report that the Prince is now awake ArchDuke? Should I also write that his Highness is suffering from the 'Forgetfulness'? "

She was anxious. The Demon Emperor wasn't please when he heard what happened over the town and told over the letter that he would talk with the Prince after he was awake. Succi doesn't know what to do. Avro looked at her sighing. He was probably irritated at her worries.

" We will talk about it later after making sure that the Prince is alright. "

After worrying about the Prince's condition, they have finally arrived and entered in his room. There, the Prince is waiting for her. She immediately apologize for leaving the Prince. She didn't want to leave the Prince with his current condition but she needed to fetch Apothecary Avro so he can look at the Prince.

" It's alright. "

Succi was surprised when the Prince smiled at her. Not just her the Maidservant, but also the other two people of the room. They are surprised. She didn't know why Apothecary Avro look at ArchDuke meaningfully before the ArchDuke Sayf started moving towards the Prince. Avro glance at her and she immediately knows that she can't interfere with what would the ArchDuke do to the Prince.

She felt guilty when the Prince look at her. She can't help him... She was such a poor maidservant. (Over her guiltiness for the Prince, somewhere in her mind, Succi thinks that the Prince look so cute with that pleading expression. She never thought the Prince as adorable and cute before unlike right now)

Later ArchDuke release the Prince declaring him clear of possession. ArchDuke Sayf has really given the Prince a surprise. Apothecary Avro later checked on the Prince injury and his illness. The Prince fall unconscious when Avro was checking his injuries.

" The Prince is fine, he was just tired. He hasn't still recovered fully from his  injuries. you should make sure that he would have a proper rest and a proper meals over the next few days. "

" I see.. Then Avro, can I tell the Demon Emperor now? "

" I think it would be better if the Emperor himself encounter the Prince like this. "

" No! Not possible! "

Succi recoiled at the idea. Definitely not. The Prince are not feeling well, meeting the Emperor and not informing the Emperor of his son's situation would definitely not end well for all of them.

Avro shrugged his shoulder. " Your choice. " He said before looking at the sleeping Prince.

" I haven't encountered of any demon or monster suffering from such a disease. But since the Prince is a Cambion, He was weaker from Demons and Monsters like us. "

Succi sighed. The Prince is sleeping with a tired expression on his face. He really look so fragile and weak right now. She remembered her first encounter with the Prince.

" Your Highness!! I... I'm... I'm Succi Asmodeus.. A lowly Succubus.. I'm glad to be at your service, your Highness!! "

" I see, so the last one decided to quit on her position? She didn't even inform this Prince that she don't want to be my maidservant anymore... And you.. "

" Your High.. Highness? "

" Are you certain that you can do your duty? "

" ...yes!! "

" Chin up! Be proud that you are my maidservant from now on! "

" I'm sorry, your Highness! "

" Tch! Don't apologize! Your irritating.. I have no such time for you so you better clean the residence now! "

" Yes, your Highness!! I will– Waaahh! "

" ..... Such disregard from those nobles. I am a Prince, why do the servants that they send to me have such very poor performances? "

The Prince is so different. Before, he has an attitude that makes people stay away from him. He has his head always raise high and he always wore a proud expression on his face. He was tight and sharp. Wary, cautious and proud.

Now even it is just a few conversation with the Prince, she knows that he was so different. The Prince before didn't smile at all. He doesn't look at them with warm and approachable disposition. It was like that the Prince is possess but ArchDuke Sayf confirmed that the Prince isn't possess by any kind of spirit. ArchDuke Sayf is one of the Strongest of the Demon Empire so his judgement is trustworthy. He was also the Ruler of Kayro Kingdom and well known for his Perception Skills.

" So what is your decision Succi? "

Apothecary Avro was waiting for her decision. It was her duty to ensure the Prince's well being. She grasped the hem of her maidservant clothes and lowered her head for a bit.

" I think... I would wait for three days before I would inform the Emperor of the Prince's Condition. "

" A thoughtful decision. The Prince would adapt with his condition. When the Prince would meet the Emperor, I'm certain that he would manage to have a civilized conversation with the Emperor. "

Succi nodded her head and smiled slightly. She hoped that would be the case.

..........................

And now, Succi was currently writing the letter for the Emperor. She was holding the quill and hoping that her hand would stop shaking. The Prince was on the side while eating his food and he sat on his chair.

" Succi, what are you doing? "

The Prince look at her curiously. Should she tell that she was writing a letter for the Emperor?

" I'm writing a letter for the Emperor, Prince. "

" I see... you have told me yesterday  that i am required to meet Father soon.. "

Eh.. Should she tell the Prince that he never called the Emperor as 'Father' before? None of his siblings has also done it.

" Succi? "

" Yes, your Highness? "

" I think you forgot to inform the name of my Father. So if I would meet him later, I think it would be better for you to told me my Father's name. "

" What?! I'm so sorry my Prince that I forgot!! "

Succi is such an idiot!

" No. it's alright, Succi you don't need to bow and berate yourself! Get up, please!! "

" Waahh! The Prince is so kind! "

Prince Ignotus started blushing when he heard what she said. Succi liked this version of Prince better. He was kind and caring. It was the opposite of his former self. She knows that her perception as a demon is skewered. It was the Norm to think that all demons are supposed to be strong and tough. Demons have no need for this kind of sentiments but Succi is an Oddball.

" Right... I would need to inform the Emperor's name... Should I also include your siblings name my Prince? "

" Please do so, I would be grateful for you to fill the gap of my ... memories. "

The Prince sounded so hesitant when he said his last word but Succi thinks that the Prince is still occupied by his lost of memories and worrying that it wouldn't return.

One by one she started to inform his sibling's name. It was strange that the Prince was frowning everytime she said the Princes and Princesses name. In the end, the Prince has an expression that he has eaten something disgusting. It can't be that she have unknowingly added a poisonous mushroom in the food... maybe she did it again?

Waahh, she need to call Apothecary Avro!

" Prince, is the food not okay for your palate? Don't worry I would call Apothecary Avro! "

" No, that's not it. " The Prince stopped her from leaving. " Just tell me my Father's name. " He said it to her with a serious face while tugging at her clothes.

" I.. Okay... Umm.. the name of the Emperor is Luno Apocalisse Arkavelnias. "

After she said those words, the Prince flinched for a moment before letting go of the hem of her clothes.

" You are certain that's my... Father's name? "

" Yes. "

" Seriously? "

" Umm..Yes? Do you finally remember something, Prince? "

" Remember? ...Well..Yes.. I think I remember something. "

" I'm glad! "

" I really remember something important... about that Fucking shit. "

" Prince, don't say such crude words! You are a Royalty!! "

That day, Succi thinks that the Prince is suffering from another illness when he started crying out of nowhere and she blushed really hard when he started spouting such crude words.

10