Arc 1-Chapter 5
467 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 5- [ Obstacles along the way ]


The 3rd Demon Lord Luno Apocalisse Arkavelnias. Current Demon Emperor and the first Emperor and founder of the Demon Empire. Ruler of an empire consists of 20 kingdoms and several uncharted lands. Under him were the 20 de facto leaders of kingdoms who was called " ArchDukes ". He was one of the most strongest being in the world (the strongest) and said to be the most evil and cruelest that ever lived in the world of Irisha.


Unlike the two previous Demon Lords, until now, he hasn't still wage war upon the humanity or the entire world. The Demon Emperor look like he doesn't have any ambition of conquering the whole world after establishing his Demon Empire. He doesn't look like have an ambition of bringing revenge for the Evil God like the 1st Demon Lord or eradication of the other races and ruling the world just like the 2nd Demon Lord.


Nobody knows what is going on the mind of Demon Lord Luno Apocalisse Arkavelnias, but the Humans have claimed that it will only be a matter of few years before he declared the destruction and calamity on the entire world with the might of his Demon Empire. As have they said, " There is no good Demon that exist, only evil malicious beings that brings calamity and destruction. We must unite and destroy the heartless beings and bring the eternal peace upon this world. " Those words were a perfect example of Holy Church fanatics. 


For now, there is only one thing that was certain. The Demon Emperor doesn't like being bored. 


..........................

(Protagonist's PoV)


Today, I was supposed to meet his Majesty, the Demon Emperor Luno Apocalisse Arkavelnias, the 'Father Dearest' himself.


Repeat, I was 'Supposed to'. Unexpectedly, when I got out of my humble residence there was an unexpected obstacle in the form of angry citizens of Lucia Town. Now, I am currently inside the carriage and I hate to admit it, but I am currently hiding like a coward.


" Bring out the dirty Cambion out of there! "


" It's his fault! "


" I don't want to live in this town anymore. "


" We want to meet the dirty Cambion, bring him to us! "


Scary. Shit, I'm freaking scared. I think I would piss myself if this thing keeps up. Inside the carriage, I am peaking at the happenings outside discretely. Oh god, I think if there was a witch trials out there, this would be that kind of atmosphere that people would be expecting. A very very passionate welcome from the angry people out there.


What am I supposed to do? I have no clue of what happened! If i am really reincarnated, I don't have my supposed to be memories with me right now.


While peaking, Succi and Avro are trying to quell the anger of the angry citizens in the form of Skeletons, some kind of gooey monster (is that a slime?) and pale red skinned people. 


Living in a fantasy world is fantastical and being a Prince of the demons is strange. I think I need to get used to this new environment specially since I would really encounter a lot of strange beings.


" If you have any complaints.... to the Prince,.... you can talk... about it later. "


Avro said to the citizens, but if he really need to persuade them, his sloppy attitude wouldn't help him at all. 


" Later?! That Cambion is already awake as you have told us before, why don't you just drag him out? "


" Do the weakling need an extended care for his injuries? He was sleeping for two weeks, a further recovery isn't needed. "


" Such a weak lord. During the invasion he did nothing other than being a pitiful useless support. "


This.... Even through I don't have a fucking clue on what happened, I really felt insulted. This hostility of this people (monsters) are too much! What did I do to deserve that kind of hatred?


While I am busy on watching the unfolding drama, the next thing that happened is really unexpected.



" While some of us was fighting and killing those mindless beasts, he was already unconscious. It wasn't even the strongest of those beast that even manage to threaten his life. Some of our comrades are now dead because of his uselessness, why did he even woke up? It would be better if he doesn– "


A sound of a hand hitting a face echoed. Everyone was surprised, even myself that was watching as a coward spectator.


" Don't you dare to say those words. "


Succi was currently glaring at the Red skinned person.(demon?) Ouch, that slap must hurt a lot.


" If you have any complaints, please say it later after we returned to the town. We have an important and urgent matter that his highness needed to attend. "


Wow.... Succi sounded so badass and cool. From the moment that I woke up and my progressing interactions and conversations, she was usually so timid and nervous. As a maidservant, she was also prone to a lot of messy accidents on the poor household. She was a very dangerous clumsy demon but now she is so different. 


" You bitch! "


" Bitch? I'm so sorry, but i am not a bitch but a no good succubus of a demon race. His Prince is required to meet his majesty, the Emperor himself, if you have any objections please say so I can inform the Emperor himself through letter. "


They all paled when Succi said those words. If that was the reaction of those people when it comes to the Emperor, how would I fare well later?


" I see... Since you don't have any objections.. "


I was surprised when Succi look at me. Is it obvious that I am listening and peaking from the distance? 


" Prince you can come out now. "


Now, this day really starts with a lot of questions and surprises. While I have no clue on what did Succi want, I decided to come out of my hiding. She was really kind to defend me to those harsh words. As I came out, the people stared at me. Their hostile attitude are obvious through their glares and gazes. I hurriedly make my way toward Succi and decided to stand behind her. 


Sorry that I was a coward! I'm just a freaking Otaku with no martial skills and low self confidence in my past life!!


" Umm... "


I have really no clue on why did Succi decided to call me. She sent me an apologetic gaze and smiled warmly at me. Just take out the black wings and replace it white feathered wings and she would look like an angel.


" Prince, do you have anything that you want to say to them? "


What? What am I supposed to do? Succi, I take it back. You're not an angel! You're a demon! A malicious demon!


Quick! What am I supposed to say?



Under the (hostile) gazes and Succi's comforting smile, I decided to be honest and I still really don't have a clue except from what I gathered from the commotion earlier.


" Prince!! "


I had my head lowered for a bit and my body tilted down.


" Umm... How was I supposed to say it? I'm sorry.. I have really no clue on what is going on since my head is messed up....but from what I gathered earlier.. you must be really angry at me. I'm sorry for not being strong enough and not managing to help you at all. Lastly, I'm sorry for your dead comrades. If I can help you to bring them back, I would gladly do so,..... but I'm sorry I'm not a God but just a useless Prince for you. If someone doesn't want to live in this place anymore, then you are allowed to leave. I'm sorry that this place doesn't make you feel safe.. I'm – "


I feel a hand patting my shoulder.


" Prince.... it's alright. I'm sorry for forcing you to go out. "


Huh? What is she talking about? Succi is currently looking at me sadly. 


" Let's go meet the Emperor now Prince. "


Succi ushered me inside the carriage. When I got inside Avro has given me a piece of cloth.


" While you two are gone, I would manage this town in your place. "


I nodded and smiled a little bit. Avro frowned at me.


" You are messy. Use that to clean your face, your highness. "


Oh...


" ...I see, thanks for this. "


I didn't realize, but my face is bloody. I have learned earlier that when the demons cry, they cried a tears of blood.


How strange... There are a lot of weird stuffs in this world.

13