Arc 1-Chapter 6
475 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 6- [ First Impression? He's a smug bastard! ]


After the commotion on the Lucia Town. The Journey was a quiet affair. I was also wondering what kind of other fascinating things and weird shits would I encounter in the future since my life when I woke up is full of surprises. For example, the carriage that I am riding right now. There is no chauffeur that was managing the carriage. When I asked Succi about it, she chuckled and told me that.


" Prince, the Mare Horses are a sentient animal. It is quite intelligent and the Demon Beast Tamers trained them to know their routes and travel locations. "


" I see.. "


After asking Succi, I decided to look outside of the carriage and wonder at the scenery. It was scary and disturbing. The Sky outside is dark and bleary. The trees are in the wither season, some of them does even look like that someone have carved an expression on them. In the days that I lived in the Lucia Town, I know that it was very rare to see a lush, green and healthy vegetation in the Demon Empire. Healthy? There's a lot. Green? Succi said that a lot of them are a carnivorous man eating monster plants. A lot of Lush plants in the Demon Empire was also poisonous. She said that if I would eaten one bite of those poisonous plants, I would be put into a comatose state again.


Since I learned that I am a Cambion, a half human and a demon, I would be different from humans and demons. There was also a lot of demerits since I am a Cambion. I was a lot of weaker than demons and I have a poor immunity system compared to them. I also doesn't have their regeneration ability and trainable immunity to poisons. Being a Cambion, put me into a fragile and delicate situation, as Succi have aptly pointed out to this poor Cambion. 


As I look around the sceneries, we have passed a lot of towns. The Mare horses are very very fast. I'm thankful that I am not still throwing up the contents of my stomach. Later, on the distance I see a blurry image of a castle. I wonder if that was the palace of the Emperor? It doesn't look like at all even through it reeks of gothic, dark and creepy impression.


When we finally arrived at the place, since the Mare horses have stopped- I wondered why did Succi have asked the horses to stop.


" Why have we stopped Succi? This doesn't look like the Capital."


" No, it isn't, Prince. We are currently in Morpheus, the capital of the Belphegor kingdom. "


" What are we doing here? "


Succi started giggling when I look at her. 


" Do you expect us to arrive at the Ragas in Mare horses, Prince? "


By my stare at her, Succi started giggling harder. Later I was blushing in embarrassment when Succi told me that even the Mare horses are very fast, one of the fastest kind of transportation, they can't go to the Demon Empire capital within a few hours. It would take days to get there using Mare Horses.


As we arrived on the town, I noticed how the people keep staring on us that it was so uncomfortable. Unlike the people in the Lucia Town, they didn't look like they were hostile to me. The people quite remind me of someone.


" Succi, does the people remind you of someone? "


" Prince, if you are thinking that they are sloppy like Apothecary Avro when he isn't doing his work, then please expect that it was normal for the citizens of Belphegor kingdom to act like that. "


I don't know what to say, after I also learned that the attitude of the citizens depends on what kingdom did they live at the Demon Empire. We are welcomed at the castle later by the ArchDuke of Belphegor Kingdom. Succi informed me that we would go to the Ragas, the capital of the Demon Empire using the teleportation portal.


Well, I am certainly impressed. But can Succi guarantee me that I wouldn't stumble after we teleported just like the Chosen One or throw up like the Hero's Descendant of Remnant? 


Entering the teleportation portal with Succi, I learned that I was neither of those two. The teleportation portal was like a fucking elevator on the last floor with the cable being cut and dropping to the bottom. A very very scary and unique experience. 


I think it wouldn't be my fault that I was greeted by the darkness, my old friend.


........................


" Prince? Prince? "


" Looks like the disgusting bug is awake now. "


I'm sleepy.....


" Prince? It's good that you're awake now. "


I don't want to wake up...


" Please wake up now, Prince. "


I feel someone caressing my forehead, which i am certain that it was Succi. I opened my eyes and...


Why the hell does Succi's face is so close?!


" Can you stand up? "


I feel like I am floating.... What? 


Succi smiled and within a few moments, she helped me to get up. I am embarrassed to know that she was carrying me in bridal style while I am unconscious. 


" It's alright Prince, this humble maidservant is glad that you're okay and I'm helpful. "


" ..Thank you. "


But it was damaging for my manly pride. Does I really have that at all?


While Succi and I are having a heartwarming moment as a Master and Servant,(Not the BDSM kind) someone decided to interrupt our moment.


" Tch...how disgusting. "


I look at the interrupter and find myself staring and drawn at the pair of long pointed ears. 


" Have you no shame displaying unbecoming manners, Insect? You're a disgrace to the Royal blood of the Demon line. "


First Impression? An arrogant and prideful person who thinks himself as a superior to everyone.


Finding references to the novel, I think I know who is this fucking Legolas lookalike smug bastard. 


On the twelve evils, if talking about who was the most arrogant demon among them all, there is no doubt that no one can compare than the Demon of Superiority Complex himself. The Demon of Pride, 4th child of the Demon Emperor, Demon Prince Ethel Lumen Argent Arkavelnias. 


If that friend of mine is beside me right now, I'm certain that she would die in fucking nosebleed. This guy are making people incompetent and feeling down about their own selves. He was so beautiful....( Is this normal for the Elf race? ) As for me? I am tempted to punch the smug bastard. With that attitude, he was making me feel so small. No need to brush off to me that I am in a fucking body of a ten year old kid!

9