Arc 1-Chapter 9
457 3 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 9- [ Choosing a class and unexpected discoveries ]


Trial. A test, a rite, a passage. For each races, the trial has different customs and traditions. Trial was usually known as a rite or passage on your way to adulthood, for most of the races. As for the demons, they also have their own way of trials. One of them was the trial for rights. It was a trial held secretly for each of the members of the royal bloodline. It was always held after the tenth birthday of the demon child where for the demons, they believe that the ten is quite an auspicious number. 


As beings who favored strength and power, the way they held the trial is unique. In the trial of rights, the perpetrator of the trial would gauge the strength of his/her spawn. He/She would plan for his/her child to be on the verge of death. For the child to pass the trial, he need to survive and live. In case of failing the trial, it was unfortunate that the child isn't strong enough and didn't deserve to be called a Prince or Princess of the royalty of the demon bloodline.


For passing the trial, the child would be officially accepted as a child of the perpetrator and he/she would be declared later as an official Prince/Princess. But before that happens the Child can now also choose his/her second class.


.............................


A minutes after receiving a continuous WTF moments of my life, we are currently in one of the rooms in the palace. I followed the Emperor as we have arrive in this room. The room was wide and spacious but it was lackluster compared to the throne room.


" Come. "


The Emperor said as he gestured me to walk towards the strange platform where a crystal orb was placed in a peculiar stand.


I slowly moved forward toward the stand. If I am not wrong, this crystal orb was called an "Appraisal Orb". In the novel, it was mentioned to have an ability to discern things. The Appraisal Orb was a universal item used to discern any kind of things. Other than discerning things it also allowed people to change their classes and for those people who can have a more than one class, they can choose their class on anything that was listed in the Appraisal Orb that was suitable for them.


It was a legendary grade item, the hero is lucky in getting it in some kind of B rank dungeon, considering that it was said that there are only 12 Appraisal Orb that exist out there. Now, adding the Hero's Orb that he would find in the future and this one, there are a total of 14 Appraisal Orb that exist.


Now, this is it! My first very personal fantastical appraisal experience! 


As I touched the Orb, it suddenly started glowing. A strange kind of weird magic hologram have appeared above the appraisal crystal.


Name: Louis Ignotus Noir Arkavelnias

{System Error- Felix C®∆n£0®d}

{ System Malfunctioning! Warning! - $6^Ɩ }

Age: 10 {error18undiscernable} {error∞error}

Race: Mixed Blood {#um∆n}

Status:

Commoner: Former

Slave: Former

Prince

Class:


First Class: Black Mage [Change Class]


Second Class: [Choose Class]


- Necromancer

- Black Priest

- Fallen Saint

- Seer

- Dungeon Lord

- Oracle

- Astromancer

- Sage

- Dungeon Merchant

- Summoner of Secrets

Skills:

- Shadow Bind 

- Basic Curse [Slow]

-  Basic Curse [Poison]

- Shadow Ball

- Mana Absorption

- Life Steal

- Black Haze

{Error!:Omniscient Basic Appraisal }


What is wrong with my status?! Heck, my status looks like it was run over by a virus! Was it because I have the memories of my past life?


" Have you chosen your class? "


From the side, the Demon Emperor asked me. I shook my head. Looks like it was just like in the novel where it was mentioned only the person who touched the crystal orb can see his/her own status.


" Decide your class now, we don't have much time. "


Easy for you to say, I need to choose my second class carefully! I wanted to feel this amazing experience slowly and carefully. But since we have an impatient(he sounded impatient) Emperor, I wouldn't be able to choose this carefully... There are many cool looking classes, I want to choose more than one class.


Looking at my status again, an idea have struck my mind. well, it would benefit me more greatly, this would be beneficial in the long run.


[ Do you want to change classes? ]


In the end, I have decided to change my first class.


[ You lose your class Black Mage ]


[ Black Mage Skills are Deleted ]


[ Your First Class is now Fallen Saint ]


[ You have gained 3 skills at the start ]


Skills:

- Recovery

- Empower

- Degenerate


As for the Second Class, it took me for a while to choose between Seer, Dungeon Lord, Oracle and Merchant.


Through the Dungeon Lord sounded so OP and a Good Class choice, the Class name sounded to troublesome! Emphasizing with the 'Lord' part!


=====


Dungeon Lord


- A person who ruled and managed the floors and the monsters inside the dungeon. 


For this Class, as a Dungeon Lord, you need spent a lot of time in the dungeon and protecting the dungeon core is a must!


Requirements to become a Dungeon Lord:


- Ruler Blood = √

- Non-Human = √

- Conquering a Dungeon = ?


==============


As for the Seer, when did that happen? How did I even met the requirements for that one?


==============


Seer


- A person who predicts the future and ordained by Destiny


Requirements:

- High Affinity with Magic = √

- Knowledge of the Future = √


==============


Oracle 


- A messenger of Miracles and a person who deciphers the future


Requirements:

- Knowledge of the Future= √

- Affinity with Light Magic= √


=============


Light Magic? Impossible, but I am a Demon! How can that be? But considering the Fallen Saint Class, I think it was also a class that required an affinity for Light Magic.


How this even happen? Is this considered my golden halo as a dimension traveler?


For those knowledge of the future part of those two classes, I think that the Appraisal Orb knows about my knowledge (novel) about the future. It was uncomfortable that an item can detect it but there wasn't so many legendary items that can do it right?


===============

Dungeon Merchant


- A person of trade in the dungeon. This is an unconventional class as it has an unfortunate side effect of randomly transporting you in the safe zones of different dungeons. 


This class has strict requirements, you  will lose the class when you failed your task as a dungeon merchant.


Requirements:

-High Affinity with Magic=√

- Outsider Affinity= √

- Knowledge of the Secrets= √

==============


After looking at those four classes carefully considering them, I haven't chosen the most troublesome.


[ Congratulations for acquiring your Second Class. ]


[ You are now an Oracle. ]


Skills:

- Fortune Cookies

- Miracle stick

- Healing


^_^ Another chapter finish, so how was the chapter? While making this chapter, I have an urge to laugh...I don't know what's so funny but why I can't find the merge table option? Is it not available on mobile? Anyway thanks for the people who took time on reading this story. Sooner or Later I would post an illustration for the characters of this story if my drawing skills improve.


13