Arc 1-Chapter 18
383 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 18- [ On the other side of the Story.. ]

Year 9010, Irisha of the Fourth Cycle
West Continent– Ashfall Kingdom

( Unknown PoV)

He stared at the gleaming metal. Piercing blue was staring back at him. He frowned when he saw a glowing yellow on the gleaming metal. He quickly moved the gleaming sword, tilted his body backwards and slash the cold metal.

Screeee

The shriek of the monster echoed in the dark dungeon. Blood splattered and the monster lay lifeless on the floor as the blood continued to flow out within it.

" The last one. "

He said. He stared at the monster and grabbed it's head and used his sword again. Blood started to flow out more. Blood was dripping down on the decapitated head. He quickly brought the head of the monster inside his rucksack where the other heads are also placed.

I'm trapped!!

As he was finally finished with his task, a gentle smile donned his face.

Gil!

" The last goblin on this floor. Tomorrow I would defeat the Goblin King! "

Help me, would you!!?

He started humming a song as he wondered if his friends would want to come with him tomorrow to defeat the boss with him. Bringing the today's spoils with him, he left the dungeon.

It takes him a few hours before arriving at the Numel, a town in the Ashfall Kingdom. Upon his arrival he was greeted by the guards who was standing at the gate of the town.

" Gilthur! "

" You're back! "

Zack and Jack welcomed him. Gilthur smiled at them and replied.

" Yeah, I just finish my quest and defeating the last goblin on the 9th floor. "

" We can see that you have really finish your quest. "

Zack said to him grimacing. Beside him, Jack looks like he was ready to throw up.

" Gilthur, gross! At least before you leave the dungeon have a quick bath at least on the river will you? "

" Ah.. sorry, I forgot. "

Jack passed him a cloth. He thanked him before using it to wipe his face and hair. The cloth quickly become messy and bloody.

" I'm certain that those ladies that secretly held an affection for you would hesitate to come near on you. "

" I don't think I have a time for that.... And I'm certain that those ladies that you are telling Zack didn't exist. "

" Oh bless us Goddess Minerva, you may shine your intelligence on this dense fool! "

Gilthur glared at Jack. He was certain that there are no ladies who liked him. How can that be? It was impossible. He was only a newbie C rank adventurer after all. A few minutes spent talking to the twins, Gilthur bid his goodbye and enter the town.

" Cipher's not with him? "

He didn't heard the two wondering as he was already far away. It was already Afternoon. Despite that, the town was still bustling with energy. Horses bringing along the carriages or important stuffs can be seen trotting on the paved road. Different People were walking in the town. Simple ordinary townspeople, children, adventurers and vendors on their own stall selling their goods.

Gilthur can feel happiness emanating from him as he look at the peaceful scene. After appreciating the lively scenery, he walk towards the direction of the Adventurers guild. Coincidentally when Gilthur arrived there, he smiled as he saw his friend. Rina was talking to Gale. The latter has his usual serious and grim expression on his face. Gilthur sighed. Even after all these three years, Gale hasn't stopped on talking on how he would kill the demons and take revenge for their town.

" Rina! "

He waved his hands and called his friend. The two stopped talking and look at him. He was surprised when they have varying reactions. Rina was smiling stiffly while Gale look so disgusted.

" Commoner. As usual... I would always remind you to put some effort on hygiene and paying attention to your appearance. "

" Gil, where is–Gale, Let me borrow your body for a moment. "

" What? "

Not bothering to answer Gale's offended look, Rina immediately hide behind Gale when Gilthur walk towards them. He immediately put his puppy dog eyes and hurt expression.

" Rina... Am your friend aren't I? "

" Gil, you know that wouldn't work to me with your current look right now. May the Goddess have mercy, you look so .... " Rina trailed off.

" Disgusting? "

He asked uncertainly. Why did he even forgot to take a bath in the first place? Even wiping his face didn't help at all. He was just excited to sell his spoils for today since there is a lot. He didn't expect the people to have different reactions. Gilthur look at the people around them who was avoiding them(him) like a plague. The Attendant at the counter flinched when he look at her.

His happy mood is now disappearing. Gilthur sighed and look at Rina and Gale.

" I will talk to you two later. Hear my request please? "

" Okay, Gil. Just don't pull that Kicked puppy look on me again. "

" Let's see if it would be interesting. "

Gilthur nodded. He made his way to the counter quickly. The poor Attendant at the counter endured his physical presence– dirty and bloody disgusting. He passed his spoils and the quest request that he took to the Attendant.

Gilthur was surprised by how the Attendant quickly stomped the quest paper with « Quest Complete». The Attendant has quickly given him the reward and was ushered to leave.

A few minutes after, Gale with his arms crossed was looking at him imperiously.

" So what is it, Commoner? "

" I have already finish defeating the goblin monsters on the 9th floor. Can you come with me tomorrow in the 10th floor and defeat the Boss? "

" Wow, after 5 days you have already completed the 9 floors? Gil, your so impressive as always! "

Gilthur wryly smiled unconsciously scratching his cheek.

" Thanks... I can't defeat the Boss alone..  I really need your help please? "

" Hmmmm.... I will come Commoner if you would share your spoils. "

" Got it. "

" The same for me Gil! I really need to earn money, a lot of lots of money. "

" Why? "

Gilthur asked. He wondered where did Rina need a lot of money. Did she need to hire a Martial expert to taught her different grappling skills?

Thinking about it, his face paled. He still remembered what happened when he stole her food at her when they were just 8 year old kids. He can't walk for five days just because of stealing her candy.

" Idiot! "

Gilthur feel a Whack on his head.

" Rina! "

" Of course it's for travelling to Central Continent! "

" Central? "

Rina glared at him.

" Did you forget how I always dreamed to become a legendary fighter? For me to become a legendary fighter, the Magic Academy would be my way to achieve my dream! The Magic Academy is a place full of talented people and experts on every field of combat and magic! "

As Rina started to daydream, Gilthur considered.

" Magic Academy huh.... "

Gilthur look at Gale and asked.

" Will you also be going there? "

" I am....It was the place for specials. Being a Student a Magic Academy can give you a special treatment. There are many benefits. People are idiots if they don't considered going there to take the chance. "

" I see... "

Gilthur trailed off. He raise his head and look at the haughty looking Gale and daydreaming Rina. He felt that something was missing.

" Gilthur... "

Gale eyes narrowed.

" What is it? "

" I and Rina are supposed to be waiting for you and Cipher. "

"...Ah..."

Gilthur face paled. Gale sighed and muttered.

" Curse that pig for being so stealthy and forgettable..."

..............................................

On the 9th floor of the Goblin Dungeon....

" Fuck you Gil!! "

A young chubby man was gritting his teeth while he cursed his friend. He was inside the trap room while dodging the monster chest who was trying to eat him.

10