Arc 1–Chapter 21
356 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 21 [ Reflection: Dream, Goals and Morality ]

Within an unknown place, two silhouette can be seen sitting on chairs that was facing each other. Between them is a table where a chessboard was placed.

The first silhouette was gritting his teeth. His peculiar eyes was flashing.

" What are you scheming now, Old man? "

The voice of a man asked. It held a tone of resentment and anger.

" I would like us to have a game... "

The second silhouette said. It sounded amused.

" Are you joking? You have visited the void just for you to play with me? "

The first silhouette scoffed.

" Aren't you bored with spending your time in this place? "

" Then..... Let me go. " The first said. " I want to go out in this place. "

" Hmmmm... you know that I can't do that right? " The second asked.

The first glared hatefully at the second. " Then get out of this place! It's your fault that I am trapped in this place! "

" The fault is also yours... " The second sighed. He look at the first with a regretful face.

" What?! I can't let just them... It's her fault.. why did she even requested for everyone to be aware in the first place? Why did you even granted her wish? Why did you even make them so imperfect? "

" Calm down. " The second said. " Since you wanted to get out of this place... Let's play a game and have a bet. "

" If I win would you let me return? "

" Yes. " The second smiled. The first frowned as he saw the scheming smile but he has no choice as he can only accept it. He was bored spending his time in this place. Trapped in the deepest part of the in between.

" Will you pick the white or black. "

" Black. "

" As expected of you.... You really loved them.. "

" I am. " The first said. He glance at the second and asked. " So who's first? "

The second waved his hand.

" You are being generous, how suspicious... "

The first picked up his black pawn and moved them.

In the end, as they have played the chess, the first lose his game. He look at the second and glared.

" I lose the game. Did the bet include that I would die if I lose? "

" No. " The second smiled. " I will let you go. "

The first was surprised.

" But in a different place. "

The first lose his consciousness.

..............................

(Protagonist PoV)

I woke up from experiencing a dream. A very strange dream. Getting up from the bed, I folded my blanket and arranged my pillows and placed them on the side.

[ Omniscient System

Function:

→ Appraisal (No limit)

* Description of people or objects attributes.

→ All knowing

* Basic guide of the world's flow of events.  ]

As my cheat item finished it's upgrading yesterday, there was an added feature to it and it wasn't called Omniscient Basic Appraisal anymore. It has changed it's name and was basically called an Omniscient System.

Don't tell me it would force me to do missions just like those other systems in web novels?

Fuck, I hope not. I have no desire to be forced into missions and with the said system controlling my life.

Stretching out my body. I look at my appearance in the mirror for a few minutes before deciding to take a bath.

Third month– Day 34....

The Gathering is approaching. 

.................................

Since the Emperor has decided his children to be put in different town to become the town lords, there was an event for the siblings to check each other's progress.

It was always held at the end of the Month–Day 35th. The name of this event is called Monthly Gathering.

How, unoriginal...

That was what I have said after gaining the information from Succi. She and Avro has explained a lot of things on me since my amnesia fiasco. It was said that I am a Reincarnator from the description of my cheat item. But until now, there are still no memories of my current life returning to me. At this rate, sooner or later, I would walk to the path of death flags and doom.

Today, from the center of the town, I was watching the progression that i have made. The walls are nearly finished. Lucia town is a small town so the required wall wasn't very wide.  It is interesting to watch the monster citizens to do their job while Avro was barking orders and I relay my ideas on him. The gleam on his eyes was still scary. As I watching them, I saw a wood crate a few meters beside me and decided to sit on it.

I wonder what would be next aside from the very tall and thick walls.. looking at it.. I was getting an attack on titan vibes from it. I think I need to lessen my Otaku self from leaking out. Who knows someone may come for me and accused me of plagiarism!

Such ridiculous thoughts aside, this clueless one, hasn't still have a clear goal, other than living my life comfortably and not wanting to die so suddenly.

A very simple, but complicated goal. As this one has no intention of messing the plot. (Through my cheat item has mentioned that the plot are already derailed since I was alive.) I can watch on the sidelines watching the plot run through its course. Watch the Hero defeat the Demon Lord. But before that happens, the hero needed to defeat the bosses and the last bosses before the plot reach it's ending.

Meaning, the hero needed to kill the Demon Lord's subordinates the ArchDukes first. After that he needed to kill the 12 evils, my supposed to be siblings. And finally, he and the Demon Lord would battle for the fate of the world and their own lives.

That was a very very lot of battles.. watching the sidelines, am I just supposed to watch the sidelines? watch the hero kill the 12 evils and the Demon Emperor?

( They're your siblings and he is your Father... )

It's not like I am close to them. And thinking about the demon culture and their skewered morality, it's not like I can let the hero get killed and doomed the fate of this world.

From the novel, they are basically the Antagonist of the story. They have done a lot of atrocious deeds. Different evil actions, killing and destroying the lives of many people. Their reasons? Even through the Goal of the Demon Emperor isn't clear in declaring war on the world.... His children, most of them viewed the life of the human and the others as insignificant. Most of them do the killings because it was fun and it was giving them a thrill of pleasure.

They are evil...

And now I am one of the Demon Emperor's spawn. But I am different. I am not evil. I don't think I can abandon my morals just because I am now a demon.

But am I evil if I let them get defeated by the Hero?

I'm so confused....

That day, I spent most of my time reflecting on my current situation with a confused and gloomy mood even causing the citizens to stay away from me within the 20 meters distance.

A Prince sitting gloomily on the center of the plaza, It was certainly eye catching. Later when Avro went to find me, he berated me for my gloomy mood.

9