Arc 1–Chapter 27
319 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 27 [ A new citizen: The human turned ghoul ]

(Protagonist PoV)

" YuKi is hungry, this isn't delicious at all! "

He complained as he stared at the food place on him in front of the table. On the table, there is an assortment of cooked beast meat.

I sighed as I look at him. On the few distance, Succi was pouting as she look at him while Avro has the same bored expression. Currently, I am seating at the chair with my hands placed on the round table. On the opposite of me was this guy who was complaining about his food.

It's been One week since then, one week as I have been given an another shock in this life.

The person who was eating with me right now was none other than Mister corpse himself. How did it happen?

Well at that time, I, Succi, Avro and the citizens of the Avro town was on the nearby hill outside the Lucia town. I plan to held a funeral before we bury him in the hill with his casket. It was unexpected that when I am having a poem for him that the lid of the casket would suddenly be destroyed and this suddenly came out.

" Yu....Ki is hungry! Would you feed him please? "

His eyes glowed red as he licked his lips drooling.

" Wah! "

I was startled as I felt a slimy and gooey thing wrap around my hand and leg. I was dragged by Omurda towards Succi and Avro who was looking at the corpse suddenly turned alive with a serious expression.

" Prince, please stay back. "

Succi stepped forward as she glared at the Mr. Corpse that was alive. I look at the citizens of the Lucia town who looks like they are expecting a fight.

" I was right. " Avro muttered as he stared at the corpse who jumped out of the casket.

" I'm hungry, my food is gone. "

What the heck, did that guy just said food?!

" With that dark magic surrounding your body, as expected you have really turned to undead. " Avro's purple eyes narrowed.

Undead?

While I was wondering about the shocking information. The guy has tilted his head and asked.

" Undead? But I'm human.. "

The guy frowned as he looked on us. He stared down at his hand and his feet which one of them is missing. How is he even standing up with that.

" You already died. " Avro said. " But with so many dark mana in your body, you have turned into undead. " He continued.

" I see. " The guy smiled. " But you know what? I don't feel shock at all... " I was surprised as his hands suddenly suddenly gained a long sharp claws. " I just wanted to eat something. " He licked his lips. " And you are in my WAY. "

The guy dashed forward to us with a manic and crazed smile on his face. Succi pushed me towards Avro and took out a fighting stance as her fist started glowing with dark mana.

" Please stay with Avro, Prince. "

Omurda, the Slime– didn't just stand either as a spectator. He walked(slimed?) and stood beside Succi.

" Heh...A newly turned undead that can't control his urges need to be put into his place. "

His sleeveless long brown robes gained many tentacles? Still, I can't understand how this guy talk at all with his faceless body.

The other citizens remain as bystanders. The guy frowned but then he started grinning.

" Ohh...Another food! YuKi is so happy! So much dark mana and meat! But YuKi doesn't need a slime! " The guy exclaimed as he decided to dashed forward and swipe his claw towards Succi. She stepped back and evade his attack. Under her maid dress she raised her leg and kicked her feet forward. The guy manage to brought his hands together to defend his stomach but the force of Succi's kick has managed to make him step back a few times.

Again, how does that guy manage to fight and stand with only one feet? I look down at his body and stared at where are supposed to be his left missing feet. I frowned as I saw a dark mana that looks like took into the form of feet.

" Hmm..He was a tough one.. " On my side Avro has muttered to himself. As the fight was ongoing, I decided to look at their levels.

[ Name:Omurda Belphegor  Level:87]

[Name:Succi Asmodeus    Level:85]

[Name:Yuuro Alpheus Kielmentyr Level: 75   (Crazed State) ]

What the heck?! The guy is just level 75, surely he was like a cannon fodder fighting the protagonist!!

" YuKi would certainly have a delicious food today! " The guy exclaimed as he stared at Succi who was gritting her teeth.

" I won't let you get near the Prince. "

" Prince? " The guy tilted as he look at me. " Your baron is certainly a young one. Or is it just physically? I have read that demons has a long lifespan. Still calling him a Prince is a bit presumptuous. "

" His Prince is the Prince. " Succi glared at the guy.

The guy shrugged his shoulders before proceeding to attack again. He dashed forward much faster than the previous time. But as he keep getting closer to Succi he stopped as something has wrapped on his leg. He look down as he found himself on a slimy 'puddle'.

" You have forgotten me.... But it's fine since I am not a food... I'm just a natural predator after all. "

Omurda slowly started wrapping himself to the guy as the latter struggled.

" You. " The guy glared.

This is certainly a disturbing image.

" I'm sorry if you have expected a fair fight. But we aren't a fair 'people'. Citizens of the Demon Empire fights dirty. We cheated in any way we can. In the first place, you already lose as we are stronger than you. Now calm down and let us help you would you, young undead? "

Succi stopped on her fighting stance. She sighed and walk towards us and bowed to me.

" I'm sorry if I have made you wait, Prince. "

" It's fine. " I smiled at her.

Later, the guy was tied up. Avro has forced feed the poor guy to gulp down the Calming Potion. After drinking the potion, the guy's crimson eyes has returned to piercing blue.

Now that one week has passed, this guy Yuuro has been staying in the Lucia town for one week. He has been a guest to my house everytime that I would have a breakfast,lunch and dinner. Succi was gritting her teeth everytime that this young man came into the house rudely and come as he please.

" He always came here and ate the foods! " She pouted on the side. " He is always complaining and doesn't even thank us for letting him stay here in the town! " Succi added.

" Umm.. YuKi is just beside this little baron. YuKi can heard you. " Yuuro smiled at her.

I sighed as I can feel Succi's anger. Looking at the guy, I don't know what to do. It's not I can just let him go around the Demon Empire. March would definitely kill this guy if he found him.

10