Arc 1–Chapter 31
338 9 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 31 [Visiting to the human town part 1 ]

Teleportation Crystal. Are a one time used magical object. It teleports you in the place that you have been before. For it to work you just need to crush the crystal and it will automatically transport you in the designated place.

It was better to used it than riding in different transportations if you are in  a hurry or need to go in a place as quickly as possible. It can also save your life in case of danger.

But the teleportation crystal's side effects are a bit unpleasant. Some people, after using the said item would become dizzy and throw up the contents of their stomach.

Not many people used the said item because of that reason. Also, the teleportation crystal is very rare and expensive. It was also one of the products regulated by the Magic Association. If you have no permission to use the teleportation crystal, you would be charge with the crime of illegal transportation once you are detected and caught. And be handed to the branch of the Holy Church– The Justice Knights.

..............................

(Protagonist PoV)

..... I feel so weak and tired.

" Hehehehe, I didn't know that you aren't immune to the effects of the teleportation crystal, Louis! "

Fina grinned as she walk closer and lessen the distance between us– only to be stopped as Wallace immediately pull Fina closer to him.

" Sister. " He said at her. " Please be quiet. " He said again and continued. " We are now closer to the human town. We would arrive there a few minutes later. Please behave yourself properly and blend to the crowd. "

Fina nodded her head. " Got it! " She said with a cheerful smile on her face before walking ahead of us.

As Fina has her back turned to us along with her swishing tail, I immediately became the victim of Wallace's stare.

...A freaking scary stare.

Oh fuck, it was like that he would kill me with just his stare alone or he was planning my murder later.

I tried to back away as Wallace stepped closer. " Don't get closer to sister. " He whispered before immediately distancing himself.

From their earlier interactions on the gathering, it appears that Fina and Wallace are very close. Wallace also appears to be very clingy to Fina.

Sigh, now I am starting to remember some issues that the readers commented and speculated. Some issues like: Is the great holy knight was the hero's relative? Why did Nora hate the demons so much? Was there a traitor in the Demon Empire? Why did the Hero didn't bang any of his harem members? Is the Princess of Sloth nice? Did the Prince of Pride Ethel has an OCD? And, was the Demon Lord and the Throne is an OTP? .... Such matters like that. Well, the last one was a running joke on the Novel so better not to take it seriously.

For now, one of that issues was about Wallace. Since he was very clingy and possessive of his twin sister some readers have commented if he was feeling incest about Fina.

I quickly shook my head. Better not to think about those thoughts. Later as we continued our walk in the forest, we have finally saw a town from the distance.

Beside me, Wallace was holding a map. " We are in the Border of the West Continent and appeared to be in the Ashfall Kingdom. "

Ashfall huh.... Wait, is the Map updated or outdated?

After looking at the Map, Wallace immediately throws it to the ground.

" I don't need it anymore. "

He said as he tapped his forehead using his finger. What does that mean?

" You have it memorized? " I ask uncertain.

Wallace nodded his head before staring (the creepy and scary stare) again. " Your disguise... you better work on it. " Wallace said frowning.

As he said those words, I know that my disguise was terrible. Wearing a brown hood which was covering my head, and wearing a simple clothes– a white shirt, brown loose pants paired with black boots– I look so unappealing and one of the background characters in the scenery.

I just look alright. But once my hood was blown by wind or any reasons that will cause the hood to be removed from my head..  All hell will break loose. People would either run away shouting "demon!demon!" or they would immediately bring out their pitchforks and call out the holy church and capture this poor little demon.

Those things are terrible outcomes. But it isn't like that my hood will get removed from my head right? – fuck! Did I have just given myself a fucking jinx?!

Under the knowledge that I have given myself a jinx, I quickly rummage through the travel bag that I was carrying.

Gold coins? Don't need them right now. Jewels? Nope. A bottle of slime goo? Nu uh...  Bones from the Undead? What the hell is this? Ragged clothes from the banshee? A zombie's rotting meat? Nails of the Ghoul? What the fuck is this?! The hell did you put in here Avro?! Are you shitting with me?! At least you can put your disgusting but helpful potions here!! But I see none of them right now!

Under my blank stare as i have taken out the items, (shitty parts of my citizens) finding nothing which would be helpful in putting a better disguise, Wallace in the end has decided to take out something from his storage ring. (Why the hell I do not have a storage ring?)

" Here. " He handed me his spare black beret. " It would stick in your head for a long time. "

Are you sure that it would work?

" How long? " I decided to ask.

" The longest would be one week. "

I stare at the hat and the black beret on Wallace's head. So that's why it was so steady. In some situations where he would immediately latch to Fina, I didn't even seen the hat moving for a bit. The beret was also covering his ears. Unconsciously my eyes has drifted to the steady dropping gray tail of his.

" How about you and Fina? Aren't you going to do a thing about your ears and tails? "

You said that I have a poor disguise but you aren't even putting an effort to disguise yourself.

" My ear is already covered by my hat. As for the tail and Fina.... Even we wander around we would just look like the other beastkins that was visiting the western continent. It was rather unfortunate that we haven't inherited some of the Emperor's traits, unlike you. "

Wallace said as he immediately walk ahead and called after Fina. I sighed as I stared at them.

What does having a horn would bring to me? It was a misfortune. I am rather envious that you two don't need to pull a disguise and avoided being hunted by the people.

8