Arc 1–Chapter 35
293 10 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 35 [Visiting the human town Part 5]

The Riskel was a lively and bustling town. With the place's liveliness, it was normal for the town to be a place of rumors. So when a person entered the town, It was normal for the people who live in the town to be informed and came up with their own speculations.

It was unfortunate that Louis became a victim of the town's weird quirk. Was it his fault that even his clothes are completely commoner and able to blend to crowd, he was still noticeable? No, It's not his fault. It's not his fault that he didn't notice the way he moves, manners and etiquettes are not for commoners. It was unconsciously embedded to him. Taught to him from the moment that he woke up by Avro and Succi. Taught to him because he forgotten everything that he knows.

So poor unfortunate Louis doesn't know that the town came up with speculations of him being a son of noble, probably a Duke. So being a son of a Duke, he has a lot of money. The people in the town aren't wrong. Despite how eccentric the son of the Noble was... He has lots of lots of money. It is a win win situation for them. For the lucky ones who manage to earn big today thanks to the young master.

Through one of the people in the town was in a surprise today.

...................................

( Protagonist PoV)

Bottle of a slime goo...

Bone of an Undead

Ragged clothes of a banshee

Nail of a Ghoul

Meat of a rotting zombie

One by one I have taken out the items. Slowly by slowly the Onee-san smile's become more stiff and fake.

What is wrong with my items?

" That's all of the items. "

I said as the Onee-san started inspecting the items. She was looking at it carefully.

" Is there something wrong with the Items? "

" Nothing is wrong with the Items, young master. But if I ask you curiously... Can I ask where have you gotten these objects? "

There's no way that I would tell her 'From Demon Continent' definitely with those words I would immediately handed to the Holy Church.

" It was given to me by an Apothecary. "

Which was basically true...

" I see... Then please wait for a moment young master. I would just call someone and I would definitely give you the earnings for this items. If you like, young master could taken one of the seats, just like the other adventurers. "

I nodded my head as the Onee-san leaves on her counter asking someone to do her job for a while. She carried the items and walk upstairs to the second floor. Looking at the guild and the people, I decided to sit at one of empty and vacant chairs. Preferably, far away from the people. As I have taken a sit at the chair, with my hands on the table, I immediately became the victim of the curious stares.

It was uncomfortable.

I become uncertain when a group or probably a party of adventurers has approached. On their party there are a total of 5 people. 3 males and 2 females.

[ Name: Isidro     Age: 32
Level: 50              Class: Crusader   ]

[ Name: Pipe      Age: 27
Level: 45              Class: Ranger   ]

[ Name: Roose       Age: 25
Level: 48                 Class: Wizard ]

[ Name: Heidi          Age: 26
Level: 44       Class: Combat Mage]

[ Name: Clover        Age: 25
Level: 44                   Class: Duelist ]

What do they want from me?

One of them, probably the man called Isidro move closer. He look so intimidating with his stocky and tall build. Added by the fact that he was wearing a Heavy Armor. Every step he took was reverberating from the floor.

" So what is a kiddo doing here in the adventurer guild? Was the young master bored from the protection of his daddy? " He asked.

I can feel a twitch forming in my head. Is that an insult? Is this the part of the story where cannon fodders usually intimidate and bully the protagonist from those cliché stories? By God! They are already an adult! Seriously bullying a Kid?!

As I was engrossed on my absurd thoughts, looks like my guess was wrong.

The Wizard Roose use his long wood staff to whack the head of their leader. " Leader! " He chastised sounding frustrated. " Lower your voice for a bit! What if the kid has piss himself and cried? "

The crusader rubbed his head. One of the ladies approached. " I apologize. Our leader look so intimidating but he was a nice man. "

The lady smiled at me and I can feel my previous uneasiness from earlier vanishing. I nodded my head to convey that I understand.

" So when our leader had seen you arrive here earlier and talking to the Milana, He can't help but worry that you probably run away from your home. He was certain that your Parents must already be looking for you. "

From the side, the other party members and the leader nodded their head. The Crusader Isidro was thankful that Heidi has relayed his intentions.

Sigh, it looks like reality and the story was different at all. They were nice and responsible adults. After that, I have thanked the Crusader and his members for their good Intentions. I have talked with them and have initiated a few conversations. Asking questions about their adventurer guilds. Pipe, the ranger of their party has regaled their story of their adventures of killing monsters and venturing to the dungeon.

As he told the story, I can't help but feel a growing thrill of excitement just like how I used to day dream about my Otaku dreams.

Dungeons and Monsters....

Just like how I used to play RPG games in my computer.

" Your adventure are certainly fascinating. " I said as I look at them, specifically their get up. Really RPG but this time it wasn't a fantasy but a reality.

Clover smiled. " When you grow up young master, I'm certain that you would have an adventure of your own and find your trusted and reliable companions. "

" ...yeah. " I muttered as I started to think about my current situation.

Demons, Politics, Town Management, Discrimination, Villains, Heroes.. etcetera.

What a headache.

Later, I have seen the Onee-san and bid my farewell to the adventurers. The Onee-san has given me a total of 10 gold coins from the monster parts and items which was unexpected. They were useless stuffs, how come they cost so much?

After mulling over the stuffs, I have left the adventurer's guild. Now it was time, to find Fina and Wallace and return to the Demon Continent.

But as I look around and started looking at them, I notice a commotion. A commotion in the Market. Curiously, I walk towards the gathering crowd.

" This is obviously fake! How dare you to sell this trash and useless items to me?! " An angry voice reached my ears.

Slowly and slowly I struggled my way to the front.

" Gracious Sir, this items– "

" I would want my money back! No– closing down this shop would be better! "

The shop owner of those odd and strange trinkets are currently bowing his knees in the ground in front of what appears to be a Noble.

A cliché scene of a noble bullying the poor commoner....but, I think that the shop owner is also at fault in this situation.

9