Arc 1–Chapter 37
270 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

just some preview for the Image 2... Just a bit more coloring and edit, I would be finish! ^_^

Chapter 37 [The day where the plot had officially derailed Part 2]

(Protagonist PoV)

Glancing at the commotion, I started to have a ridiculous thought on my head.

If I haven't refused the shop owner's offer earlier, would it end like this? Probably, I think. Even if I haven't buy his fake goods, this thing would still happen. He sells fake stuffs so it was unbound to happen that someone would get angry at him.

He was just unlucky that it was a noble who he gained an ire from and took pleasure in making him suffer. No one from the townspeople has offered their help. They must probably think that he deserve it as he keep on selling fake goods. The other shop owners has already scurried away from this part of the market. They don't want to get involve with the trouble.

As I look at the scene? Should I help the shop owner? I am not a Protagonist. I am just a certain sibling of the Villains of this world. A kid from the eye of this people. It would be troublesome to just go there and stop the noble from harassing the shop owner. Maybe I would just make the situation worse. The worst possible case scenario would be people discovering that I am a Demon. It would be better if I would just call the guards to calm the situation, or someone would call the guards. That is a safer option.

As I am thinking on what should I do, looks like it wasn't needed anymore.

" Excuse me, Your Gracious Sir, But isn't closing the shop of the poor shop owner seems too much? "

A girl few years older than me stepped forward between the shop owner and the noble. She stand so firmly and has a determined glint in her eyes. The bystanders and onlookers quickly fall into a hushed discussions and some are looking forward on what would happen.

The noble glared at the girl. Angry for her disrupting the unfolding punishment for the shop owner. The shop owner on the other hand look so hopeful at the girl.

Well shit, this girl.... Are she really ready to diffuse the situation?

" This isn't your business girl. You better not butt your head on this situation. Leave. " The noble hissed angrily.

" Gracious Sir, I can't just allow you to do as you please to the poor man. " She calmly said. Her voice soothing the crowd.

The noble's face fumed. " Doesn't you know what have that wretched trash had done earlier?! He have deceive me with his fake goods. I bet he has tricked a lot of people! It is deserving for him to have his shop closed. "

The Girl's expression darkened.

I think that neither of them are right in this situation. This girl would be in trouble if this keeps up. Sighing, I decided to struggle my way out of the crowd and just call the guards and let them solve the situation.

......................................

Unfortunately as Louis had decided to call for the guards. He hasn't heard the following conversation that happened.

The girl calmed herself down and sighed. " I know what he has done Gracious Sir. Trickery is such an evil sin, May the soul of this poor shop owner would be forgiven by the Goddess Minerva. But as I have said earlier, there are no need to go with extreme punishments. According to the Goddess teachings no need to go in such extreme actions if the sin doesn't deserve a very harsh punishment. The Goddess says that an exchange is on equal value. "

All of the people look at the girl as she serenely smiled. The Noble look up and down at the girl that was dress in the common adventurer get up.

" You aren't an adventurer. " The Noble said after observing the girl.

" No I am not. " She said. " Gracious Sir, this humble one was one of the apprentices of the Holy Church. " The crowd gasped.

The shop owner was trembling as he was helped to stand up by the girl.

" Thank you for your help young miss. "

" No need to thank this humble apprentice, please sir, don't do this again and repent for your sins. " The girl advices. The shop owner lowered his head.

The noble took a few steps forward and asked. " May I know your identity, kind miss? "

The girls eye's crinkled shut as she laughed. " This humble servant of the goddess is named Nora Twainart. "

.....................................

(Gilthur's PoV)

Gilthur accompanied the two siblings on finding their little brother. They have gone to different places but didn't find him. On their way of finding the said little brother, Gilthur paled as he saw Gale and Rina.

Gale was coming closer and closer until he was slapped on his shoulder. It hurts. But it was better than having Gale having an urge to his bow and arrow on him.

" Commoner! " Gale shouted. " What did I said about staying put in one place? Did it go from one ear to another? I see you haven't really followed my directions. "

Rina walk towards them and offered Gilthur a wry smile. Gale narrowed his eyes as he look at the two people behind him.

"Who are you?"

" My name is Fina~ hmmmm.. you remind me of one of our older brothers. "

How does many siblings they have?

" So what are you doing with them Commoner? "

" Well... I am helping them to find their lost little brother. "

" I see. " Gale hummed. " A good and justifiable reason. "

" You're not angry? "

" I am. But since it was within good reasons I would help you find their little brother together with Rina. " Gale lowered his head a bit.

Now Gilthur knows where would this topic of conversation would flow. It is going....

" After all they are finding their little brother. Their Family. ... It is important and precious .. you would never realize it once– "

Rina patted Gale's shoulder. She smiled and said. " Let's find their little brother now! "

" ...You're right.. " Gale said, his voice sounded hoarse. He turned his back to them. " So what does the little brother looks like? " He asked his back facing them.

Fina grinned. " Louis has a black hair and black eyes, a bit on a pale side. He was so small and it looks like that you have an urge to squeeze him. "

What a strange description just like earlier.

" He was currently wearing a black beret like mine. " Fina's sibling added.

As they finish their description, Gale unexpectedly asked. " Is that him? " He asked putting on a certain direction.

" LOUIS!! " Fina screamed. She was loud and her voice wasn't pleasant when it was so loud.

It just also happened that the said little brother look at their direction. He stared at Fina and her sibling for a moment before his face started to turn pale.

They followed Fina and her sibling who walked towards Louis. Fina hugged Louis causing the latter to have an ugly? expression on his face.
Fina finally let go of her little brother and grinned.

" Thank you for finding Louis! I would remember you all. " She said as her little fangs showed.

" We will definitely pay you back. " The other said, his voice always sounded soft and smooth.

Their little brother looks uncomfortable. He look at his older siblings and finally at them.

" Eh... I think how about I just pay you some gold coins now ? " He asked as he took out a pouch on his bag that he was carrying. How can he carry that bag? It looks so heavy.

The little brother look so troubled. Gilthur decided to make him calm down." It was alright if we didn't receive anything. No need to pay us. "

It seems his expression didn't become better. It looks like he would cry. " Just accept it!! " He was frustrated. " They wouldn't accept of being in debt or having in favor of someone. They need to repay it! " Louis shoved the pouch to them. " This is better than 'that' payment. " The last part, Louis whispered it. But Gilthur still heard them. Watching Fina and her other siblings stare on Louis. They probably heard it too.

In the end, Gilthur accepted the money. They watched the siblings leave.

" They are rich. " Rina muttered distractedly while looking at the gold coins.

" If they were his siblings, how come Louis doesn't have a tail? Was his ears hidden on his beret? " Gilthur decided to asked them. In the end, neither Rina or Gale answered.

8