Arc 1–Chapter 40
232 6 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 40 [ Breaking the previous record and the Prince's ridiculous idea ]

The Lucia is a town at the edge of the Belphegor Kingdom. A distance away from the town in the northern side was the Silent Ocean. If you look on the western side from the town, you would see the stone mountains. On the Southern part was the deep forest while the Eastern part was the empty road towards the other town and the Belphegor capital.

The Lucia town has 50 citizens formerly, then it became 52 people with the Prince and his maidservant succubus. Now in total, there are 53 people living in the Lucia town. Compose of demons, sentient monsters, undead and evil spirits, the Lucia town is progressing well.

.......................................

(Protagonist PoV)

" ....Congratulations. "

Avro said to Succi who was wearing a confuse expression on her face. On the side, Yuuro was throwing flower petals from the basket towards Succi. Beneath the platform, the citizen of the Lucia town are clapping(for those who can) while the others where cheering.

Like Succi, I was confused as heck on the happenings. I am just trying the dishes cook by Succi from those gigantic plants. Thankfully they aren't poisonous to me, in fact they are so delicious! Yuuro and Succi also approved of the taste. I would plan on sharing it to the citizens later when Avro suddenly arrived and dragged us to the town plaza. He made us climb on the platform and given Yuuro the basket.

Then we are currently in this situation. What the heck is he congratulating Succi for? Did he come to profess his feelings for Succi?

I blinked my eyes and made sure to look between the two. Nope, he has the usual sloppy and sleepy expression. And from what I read from some books about the demon culture, one of the ways to confess your feelings was that... the confessor need to challenge the person who they holds their affection. After defeating them, that is where the perfect time that they can confess their affection.

I shuddered everytime that I think of it. The demon culture is really twisted. If Avro really likes Succi, there was supposed to be battle and damages going on now. Even he was non combat class, Avro can still throw his different concoction of potions here and there.

Succi immediately become flustered. " What is this for?! " She asked while her wings were flapping unconsciously.

" You have broken the record. " Avro said while patting the confuse and flustered Succi's shoulder.

What record?

On the crowd the people has their own reactions.

" You are free to take one of my daughters! "

" Ms. No Good, you are very lucky and fortunate! "

" This thing is worth a celebration! "

" Congratulations! I hope that she would the last and permanent one! "

" How many people have came before her? "

" I don't remember anymore, I was certain it was a lot. "

The weird event. The strange situation.... I came to know later what the heck is it all about. I am very annoyed and frustrated. Annoyed, on how just like that after I have apologize and visited the Demon Emperor, I came to know that the gathering was in the Tepes Kingdom.

No one from my siblings has Informed me and I just came to know it by the words of the Demon Emperor himself. The Emperor is always cold, stoic and a man of few words as always. He was always surrounded by the last last boss aura. It was unnerving and scary when I always have a situation where I needed to talk to him. Thankfully, at that visit, I got to know that the Demon Emperor didn't hold a grudge on what happened during the last meeting.

In this day, Fifth Month– Day 01. Succi Asmodeus has broken the former record of my former maidservant.

" Such a thing was worth celebrating for. " Avro had said with his bored but full of bullshit face. " Formerly when your highness hasn't still suffering from the 'Forgetfulness', you are very infamous for dismissing every maidservant or them quitting since they can't bear to be with you, your highness. The longest record was 2 months and one week... But Succi had surpassed the record. "

" Avro? " I asked with a 'smiling' face.

" Yes, your highness? "

" Can I punch you? "

Different from my expectations of him refusing, Avro nodded his head not caring at all. I look at him suspicious. Since he agreed, I tried to punch him.

Thump

He has no reaction when I punched him in his stomach.

On the side, Yuuro started laughing while Succi was averting her eyes. The citizens are looking at me in amusement. Lowering my head, I can't let them see my eyes.

Fuck, that damn hurt so much!!

" I am immune to physical pain your highness, I'm apologize if you are not satisfied. You know that Succi is a succubus, but do you know on what am I ? "

[ Name: Avro Belphegor 
   Class: Apothecary
   Level: 93      
   Race: Homunculus      ]

I glared at them before deciding to get out of the platform and return to my house.

I better suffocate myself to the pillows and blankets to alleviate my embarrassment and misery!

Damn you Avro! I hope you won't get your beloved sleep for a long time! Curse you with eye bags!!

.............................................

The breaking record, which was dubbed by the citizens of Lucia town. With Succi ending up crying with happiness and the Prince storming out in embarrassment, was a history better left to be forgotten.

For a long long time– No, it was better if they forget it forever!!

Fifth Month, Day 05. A few days has passed since that accursed day.

Today, I was busy on staring at the crystals on the table while smiling.

" Prince, why are you dress like that? " A few meters away, Succi has asked anxiously.

" You will see. " I smiled while unconsciously glancing on the mirror in my room. Dress in white robes, with a hood covering my head and underneath them was clothes. I am also wearing a black boots which was suitable for long travel and suitable for any environment.

After glancing, I have placed the crystals on the pouch before placing it on the bag again.

" Prince those things.... Are they a teleportation crystals? "

" Yeah. "

I nodded my head then take out the card.

[ Adventurer Guild Card– Proof of identification of an Adventurer

Name: Louis
Age: 10
Class: Disclosed
Race: Human
Level: 30 - Already verified

Current Adventurer Rank: F rank ]

9