Arc 1–Chapter 41
250 5 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 41 [ The Prince– Obstacle before his life as an adventurer starts! ]

When you look at the sky, wherever you are– you would always see the two moons in the sky.

Solei and Lune. The moons of Irisha. The small and the large moon.

For the people of Irisha, the two moons has an important significance. When the Lune starts to shine crimson, it was the sign or symbol of darkness. Everytime that the Lune glows crimson, monsters outbreaks happens from the different parts of the world. No matter what races they are, they aren't exception on the attacks of the mindless beast. The Adventurers guild association also warns the adventurers from staying away from the dungeons as the monsters inside them was drove into madness everytime that the moon is crimson. Some dungeons are also prone to outbreaks causing the town near the dungeons to be cautioned and be alert at all times. Be ready for the disaster that would happen.

..................................

(Protagonist PoV)

" Why are you sulking, little baron? "

Yuuro waved his hand in front of my face. I quickly swatted it away.

" I expected you to be mature of your age but looks like are throwing a temper tantrum. "

" Just the hormones working on my body. "

" Hormones? " Yuuro look confused and curious. " What it is? " He asked as he keeps hopping? around me.

Why did it become like this? Can't he just stop his strange way of walking? People are staring at us.

" It's none of your business. " I said as i started walking faster.

Yuuro quickly shouted " wait for me! "
as I made our way to the Riskel's town adventurer's guild.

Today, my plan on going alone in the Riskel town was denied by Avro when he learned about it.

" No, you can't go back on that town, your highness. "

" But I plan to become an adventurer! "

" Denied. As the one responsible for your physical health– "

" What the fuck!? physical?! "

" Prince your language!! " Behind Avro, Succi was unhappy while Yuuro was so casual.

" Little baron is so young ...." Yuuro mused. " I am 12 years old when I have said my first bad language. " He happily informed us.

We turn our stare to him. He quickly back away from Avro when the latter has narrowed his eyes.

" I.am.talking.to.his.highness."

He also directed his stare to Succi who flinched and followed Yuuro to the corner of my room.

Finally, after making sure that there wouldn't be more people butting in our conversation he gestured for me to sit at one of the chairs and I did.

" As I have said before highness, I am responsible for your 'physical health'. I don't care about your mental health, your happiness or whatever. "

What should I supposed to say on those words? Should I say thank you?

" That's a lot of effort..... and work. Just like what have the emperor has ordered, I would ensure his highness physical safety. It was my duty to ensure that you are.. alive. "

For few minutes we have stared at each other. I keep getting anxious by Avro's unnerving purple eyes. Then as expected of the lazy apothecary, he decided to sat on the chair.

" I have allowed you before since i can't oppose your siblings your highness and I am certain that even they decided to threaten or insult you, my highness..  they wouldn't just kill you on their whim, or sabotage you in any way in the western continent. The Emperor would be displeased if that happened. "

But I am stress a lot you know! Their words treating you like a disposable thing... Sigh better not to think about it.

" For whatever reason that you suddenly decided to become an adventurer.... I can't allow it to happen your highness... "

I glared at him.

" I apologize, but you don't look intimidating at all, your highness. "He said, unconcerned by my frustration.

" I want to become Stronger. "

" Denied. " Avro said with a bored tone just like always. But this time, that bored tone sounded cold to me.

I look at Succi and she averted my eyes. Yuuro stared at me smiling. I know that he can't do anything in my situation.

" I wanted to become an adventurer so I can I become stronger. " I repeated my words and watched Avro leaving from his chair.

" Where are you going? " I asked him.

"  Making sure you wouldn't do anything that would endanger your life. " He said as i he walk towards the table where the travelling bag is place.

Since I wake up, I have always been belittled unconsciously or not. I feel scared and intimidated by the citizens who hated me. I feel so weak when I met Ethel and the Emperor. When I learned about my appraisal skill– the levels.... The fear have escalated. The anxiousness and nervousness. It feels so terrible. But I can't stop from feeling those emotions. Even i don't want to feel them at all.

Knowing that your new world based from that tragedy fantasy novel... Your a character that was supposed to be dead. A character who has an awful siblings who had a twisted and cruel personalities. A villain as a siblings and a Father who was the main villain..

Does that makes you a villain too? But I don't want to be a villain at all... I just wanted a simple life. A comfortable life. But I have no choice... I'm just so unlucky to be reincarnated.

I am just me. A simple person who has so many anxiety issues. How did I even become this Prince? I don't remember it at all!... How did I? Being put into this pit of survival?

I don't want to die.

I want to survive.

Practicing my skills are helping me to become proficient...

But what use does it have when you doesn't feel stronger?

Killing... Killing people... I can't do it.

But being an adventurer and killing those mindless monsters...

Seeing Avro taking those crystals....

It feels that something has snapped beside me.

" I just wanted to SURVIVE... I need to go to become stronger to survive!! " I shouted my anger and frustration.

Step by step I stormed my way to Avro while gritting my teeth.  " Damn you! I am your highness didn't I? Your my Servant! I order you to let me go and become adventurer!! "

I snatched the pouch from him. But he didn't let go of it. As I pulled it away, the force curse the pouch to be brought to the ground and the crystals scatter on the floor.

" Emperor? I don't fucking care about him! "

On the side, Succi has gasped. Avro was still keeping his silence.

Answer me damn it!

In my frustration, I started to vent my anger at him.

" I wanted to be stronger! To Level up!! It was tiring looking at every of your levels while I am– "

I said words... that I shouldn't have said.

" Our levels? "

I froze, my anger cooling down instantly.

Feeling my head calming, I unconsciously stared at Avro.

" So it does have to do with your red eyes, isn't it? "

Smiling widely, Avro eyes while his eyes are gleaming madly.

" Levels. You can see our levels.... How strong we are... it's, Fascinating my highness. "

" Fuck.... "

" A bad situation indeed... For you. But fascinating for me. Is it the power of your Authority? Fascinating..... Very fascinating.. "

In the end, Avro has allowed me to go in Riskel town. But with Yuuro going with me to ensure my safety. Avro's behavior to the end was very creepy and a whole lot of wrong.

I know that many people are familiar with the concept of levels in this world since there are appraisal orbs, people who have appraisal skills and the adventurers guild appraising methods.

Levels are the concept of the strength and power of a Person... But knowing that I can see the level of every person has resulted Avro entering on his creepy state. I immediately made my escape in the Riskel town with Yuuro towing with me.

Authority...... What the hell is that? I think I have forgotten something important.

8