Arc 1–Chapter 43
264 12 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

sigh...? Sorry for those people who are bored in this story since this is very slow pace. I was quite sad to know that this story is shit. I know that I am not a really good writer and there are a lot of errors in this story and this is boring.



Chapter 43 [ F Rank Quest– what the hell is this?!]

(Protagonist PoV)

Year 9010, Irisha of the Fourth Cycle. Fifth Month– Day 10th

A few distance away from the Riskel town, between the path towards the Riskel and the other border towns, you need to travel the path of the forest before you can arrive to other places.

Currently I am within of the outskirts of the said forest. I was feeling tired and hungry as the sun glared their way through the land.

Gritting my teeth, I used my hands to pull out the Mana grass out of the ground. It can't be helped that I have lose my balance with the force that I inserted, resulting me on tumbling and ending up with me lying on the ground. Raising one of my hand, I block the blinding sunlight.

" Damn it. "

I muttered sighing. I heard someone chuckling. The steps of strange sound gets nearer.

" Do you want my help little baron? "

Yuuro obscured the sunlight. His body blocking it. He was looking at me with an amused expression beneath his hood and offered his hand.

I sighed as I raised my hand. Yuuro helped me to get up. He look at my other hand which was holding the mana grass and asked.

" That's the last one isn't little baron? "

" Yes. "

I said while looking at him. Finally, my quest are finish. My F rank quest.

" 10 mana grass..."

Collecting 10 mana grass. That was the content of my F rank quest. After collecting them, I would bring them back towards the adventurers guild and my quest would be completed.

Holding the mana grass carefully, making certain that I wouldn't make it unusable in any way, Yuuro offered the moleskin pouch where the other mana grass are stored.

" Thanks. "

I said while feeling tired. I can already feel the sweat gathering on my skin. I look at Yuuro and narrowed my eyes. He has a confused expression on his face as he look at me.

" Is there something wrong little baron? " He asked. Probably wondering about me.

" Nothing. " I said as i shook my head.

Lucky guy, not feeling tired and there was no even sweat on his face. Maybe it was probably an undead thing that he didn't feel tired or sweaty at all.

" Don't you feel the heat? " I asked as I close the moleskin pouch.

Yuuro shrugged his shoulders. " No. YuKi don't feel hot and tired. " He said. " I can't feel anything since YuKi turned to undead. "

How lucky...

" Through It was always easy for me to get hungry. It was also a little painful when I am bathed in the sunlight. Thankfully, YuKi is lucky that he is wearing hood to protect himself from the sunlight isn't little baron? "

I agreed. " Yeah. "

As I already finish my quest, we made our way back to the Riskel town. While walking, I can heard the clunking noise behind me.

5 days. It's been 5 days since I started on being an adventurer and my quest. No matter what level an adventurer is, they always need to start for the lowest rank quest if they are a beginner.

The only people who are exempted on this rule was the people who took the adventurer rank reassessment test. There was a time when the receptionist of the adventurer guild offered me to reassess my rank, but I refuse. I don't want an another attention being added to me. What's with me with the people assuming that I am a willful young master. It was further cemented when I have Yuuro watching over me like a 'faithful' servant. Some adventurers disdained my presence to the guild while only a few people are an exception.

I don't care about those haters who probably hate me because of my status as a noble or probably because I'm too young and arrogant.

I even heard some people saying that I am am ignorant young master. I am aware of the danger of being an Adventurer. I can retort on what those people said but it would just cause me to get in trouble with those people who didn't like my presence.

Over the 5 days, I have done a total of 10 F rank quest including the mana grass gathering. I know that the F rank quest is the lowest quest. But being an adventurer as those described on Isekai stories are always awesome what's with the MC's killing monsters and leveling up.

I know that it won't be exciting, but it was so frustrating just thinking about those F rank quests that I went through!

A request of bringing a cat down from the tree? Sure, I would do this quest even through this is disappointing. It was a cat needing a help after all.

Tending to the Garden? Fine...

Helping a vendor on selling fruits?

Playing with the kids? Are you certain that this is a quest?

Finding a missing Object? This isn't within my expertise, but okay. Hopes that watching detective Conan would help me in this predicament.

Cleaning a house of one of the well off people of the Riskel town– what the heck?! I'm not a maid!!

Delivering letters to the people in the Riskel town? I am certain that being a mailman isn't in my description.

Escorting a lost kid to the guards? Why the hell are you asking me!! I'm not the lost one!

Helping the blacksmith of the town to clean his weapons?

What the fuck!! I'm not an errand boy damn it!

Welp, my expectations as an adventurer for the F rank quest were destroyed.

But... The last quest before I move up to F rank... Collecting mana herbs, that only one quest is the only one that is within my expectations.

Expectations from the Isekai light novels that I have once read. Damn it, Isekai adventurer light novels, I wouldn't trust you anymore when it comes to those lower rank quests!

That day, I returned to the Riskel town while grumbling on my mind. Promising that I would never ever take a F rank quest again. If this was the Modern Earth, if those people are caught, they may have been accused of child labor. 

8