Arc 1–Chapter 45
232 4 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

and finally I'm back, sigh... Anyway starting next week I would post 4-7 chapters every week. For this week, starting on April 25, I would just post one chapter today. Sorry everyone, I decided to regulate my schedule or else I would have a less time for myself and my inspiration juice would be squeeze out quickly! I'm really sorry for being irresponsible! °>^<°

Chapter 45 [Hunting the Cabbits ]

In the world of Irisha, there is one absolute rule. People can only acquire one class, unless you belong to those people who were called special. Those special people who may possess a special status– by possessing a noble blood, being blessed by nature, chosen by the world or people who have an important status or role.

In the percentage of the inhabitants of Irisha, only 25 % possess the right to have classes.

For those people who can have three classes– special people are only blessed by the rights to possess three classes. Those people, whom the world's fate are decided in their hands.

The chosen sons of fate.

The Hero and the Demon Lord.

..........................

(Protagonist PoV)

Swoosh

Advancing forward with a dash as it jumped high, the cabbit open its mouth revealing the sharp fang inside them. The cabbit dash faster thanks to the gravity. I sidestepped to the left side. The cabbit then use it legs to bounce and dash towards me.

I sidestepped again, narrowly avoiding the cabbit. Hurriedly I raise my hand.

" [Mana Drain] "

A strange aura was release on my hand and seeped through the cabbit. The cabbit rushed again and I avoided it. Through, everytime that the cabbit rush forward, I can see that the cabbit is getting weaker and weaker. After a few minutes of the cycle of dodging, the cabbit can barely move anymore.

Using my hands together I use a dagger to stab through the cabbit who was mid way through it's hopping.

Maaaawww!!!

It let out an agonizing shriek. The cabbit's blue eyes stared at me glazed and unfocused before it finally lose it's life. I take out the dagger from the cabbit. Its one's soft white and fluffy fur are slowly being enveloped with the color of crimson red. I averted my eyes from the ground where the cabbit is dying and look at Yuuro's direction.

He smiled towards me while holding a large sack of something– where all of the corpse of cabbit are placed.

" Good job, little baron! You have seven dead Cabbits now. "

He walk towards me and despite feeling uncomfortable, I picked up the cabbit and put it in the sack.

" Now, you only need three more, little baron. "

Sigh, I never thought that catching a cabbit would be troublesome. And that the cabbit are so adorable and cu– look  pleasing to the eyes. Ahh, damn it! This is just my first quest in killing monsters, but damn, this quest are already attacking my conscience.

Anyway, hunting Cabbits are so tiring. They can jump high and move around so much. Catching them are also time consuming. Despite being in the levels of 5 to 15, even if you are higher level than them, they are dangerous and there's a very high possibility of them killing you with their poison fangs. You need to be focus and aware of your surroundings. Carefully watching their every move and have a higher reaction time than them or else everything would be over.

Gasping for breath after putting the cabbit inside the sack, I look around and decided to sat on the large stone in the corner. " I need to take a break for a moment. "

I said to Yuuro who was looking at me in amusement.

" Little baron, you really have a lot of close in situations–where the cabbit had quite a close opportunity to bite you and you having a lot of the opportunities to kill the cabbit but still choosing to be still and having the wait and see approach. "

Yuuro shook his head and look at me in disappointment. " I wonder how are you still alive now little baron for the years that you had spent in the demon empire.. you are quite fortunate and lucky. YuKi really envies your luck! "

I pursed my lips and glance at him. Unsure whether he was complementing me or mocking me for my incompetency.

" You have zero battle experience at all! You spent so much time in hunting the Cabbits.. YuKi thinks that little baron is so indecisive. "

Okay, I'm certain that it wasn't really a compliment. Looking at him tiredly and having an urge to beat his smiling and cheerful face– well... At this point, I'm so tired that I can't really have the chance to beat him.

" Maybe because I had lost my memories that my battle experience are next to none? " I muttered nonchalant and not really serious about what I have said.

Still smiling, Yuuro says " If that was really the case, shouldn't your existing battle experience are already honed in your body? Watching the battle, it seems you have none at all. "

Nothing? Unconsciously I look at my hands. Until now I really remembered nothing about my memories. All of my knowledge are supplied by my current existing self and by the people around me. Avro and Succi who taught me the information about myself.

Damn it, I think I would have a headache. I even wonder what are my former self are doing these past years in the Demon Empire. How did he even manage to raise his level to 30? by practicing? Anyway, after killing the Cabbits, I can sense something everytime that I manage to kill one of them. It seems that the theory of killing to gain experience and level up are true. It was just that the level of Cabbits are too low for me to gain a considerable amount of experience from them and level up. 

" You deserve to rest for a while little prince, since you are tired isn't it? "

Yuuro said as he decided to sat beside me. I nodded my head.

" Yeah, I really deserved it. Maybe next time, I really should consider honing and practicing my fighting skills and battle experience– No, I really need to practice maybe I should start tomorrow? "

Exercises and strengthening my body are also important.

Half an hour later, I continued on hunting my three needed Cabbits. After hunting them, I feel tired and I have really notice my Incompetent fighting skills. Thus, it cemented my desire to learn how to fight properly and my want to become stronger.

10