Arc 1–Chapter 46
197 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ah damn, this one is feeling frustrated. This Tuesday, something annoying and frustrating happened to me. I used the wattpad app to wrote my chapters and these recent Tuesday, I don't know why but it become jumbled... The chapters and my different stories in drafts. Ahh, It won't go freaking going back to normal. There's a lot of story in there...the chapters, the plotlines for my stories, and my self indulgent Fanfictions, they are all mumbo jumbo together. Damn it so random and complicated. 



Chapter 46 [Table Manners]



(Protagonist PoV)

Fifth Month, Day 13th

9010th of the Irisha, Fourth Cycle.



" Good morning, Prince! "


upon waking up and leaving my room, I have made my way to the first floor and saw Succi cleaning so early in the morning. She was swiping the floor with the broom. 



" Good morning. "


Acknowledging her, I made my way through the kitchen. Folding up the sleeves of dress shirt, I started preparing for the daily breakfast.



Later, on the dining table, Yuuro was already occupying of the seats. 



" Good morning Little Prince! "


He greeted me with a cheerful tone in his voice. As for Succi, she looks like that she got her feather's ruffled. (In case of the Demon Culture, she got her devil wings touched– How strange that in the demon culture, having your wings touched was considered to be a serious case of disrespect. Maybe it was sensitive? )



" How rude! Be respectful to the Prince! "



She chided Yuuro and look so frustrated and annoyed for my sake. It's a pity that no matter how many times she would lecture that guy, her words didn't reach Yuuro at all. As usual, Yuuro probably just invited himself in the house without anyone's permission. He was feeling comfortable and at home everytime he entered the house. It's no wonder Succi was offended by his rudeness. As usual, this was their daily routine between each other. Usually it happens at breakfast, lunch, dinner and when I am in the mood to make snacks, brunch or desserts. Hell, I even wonder how can he sense my very rare midnight snack session? Yuuro is such a glutton.



Sighing, I had brought the dishes in the table. I hope that it would be enough. I have taken my seat in one of the chairs. I have invited Succi to  take a seat but she refuse as usual.


" Then, after we finish eating, make sure to eat okay? I know that this would happen so I left a food for you in the kitchen. "


" Prince! you don't need to do that! I would be satisfied with serving the Prince..." Succi suddenly trailed off and paused. 


The smell of breakfast was assaulting her smell. Unconsciously she gulped, and wiped the little bit of droll that came out of her lips. Still, we noticed it. Embarrassed she coughed.



" I think....a left over is fine.. "



She says flustered with a dash of pink hue spreading across her cheeks.



" There was a reserved breakfast for you into the kitchen. "



" How can I accept it Prince. " Succi said sounding troubled and worried. Every once and a while, her timidness and anxiousness would show up just like when I just wake up and forgotten everything on my current life. It was hard to convince Succi when she was like this...



Yuuro hummed and asked us smiling. " YuKi has a suggestion, do you want to hear? "



Succi ignored him.



" If you want I can eat the reserved– "



Succi hurriedly went to the kitchen while saying " I am honored to accept the Prince's heartfelt gift and kindness! "


That was too quick...


" well, there you go. All of her indecisiveness and indecisions are gone and disappeared to nothing.. A pity that there would be no extra food. " 


Yuuro look at the direction of the kitchen mournfully and sighing in disappointment.


" I think it would be better for you so you wouldn't always feel bloated and full. "


" Fat? " Yuuro muttered. What's wrong with that confused and disbelieving expression on your face? With the way that you eat, you should already supposed to be a fat and chubby pig. 


" YuKi can't become fat! " 


Yuuro look at me in indignation and sounded offended. It was the first time that I saw him like this. It was quite an amusing sight.


" How can you say so? "


I asked testing the waters. Since meeting Yuuro, other than the time they talk about his revenge and anger towards March, he was a happy and go lucky guy. (I even suspected that his personality wasn't really like that before he died. The death of his family and friend may have caused him to become mentally ill and unhinged.)


Yuuro grinned. " Of course! Because I'm so good looking! YuKi eats lots of lots before as a human, now that I am undead, I feel that my feelings of hunger is much more volatile and active. "


" I don't happy to learn such a 'good news.' "


I said as we saw Succi returning from the kitchen. She had already have her portion served on her own plate. Yuuro look at her food with interest and desire.


"Little Prince, I think that the food is seducing me. "


" Then don't fall into temptation. " 


I said with a flat expression on my face. Succi glance at Yuuro and snorted.


" it's all mine. "


She said as she choose to seat beside me. She glared at Yuuro daring him to be courageous and try to be blatant– disregarding her warning signs. Thankfully, even Yuuro is tempted, his brain hasn't been turned to stupid due to the temptation of the food. He force himself to endure the temptation.


Sigh, thanks the heavens, there would be no chaos at the table today! I hope that this would continue to the whole day.


While feeling optimistic, we heard a knock on the door. I think I and them.. They already know who was the person behind the door. We heard the sound of door opening and closing. Footsteps could be heard coming through our direction. 


" Avro! "


Succi unconsciously stood up and greeted him while smiling. Avro nodded his head and choose took a seat which was the opposite of my current seat.


Silence descended. Yuuro glance at the empty side of the table– which was basically Avro's seat. He whistled and look at it as if it something interesting and fascinating.


I stood up. Their attention was focused on me. 


" I would just go to the kitchen to prepare– "


" No need. "


Avro said with his usual lazy and recently apathetic expression.


" You don't need to bother your highness. "


It was uncomfortable....


" I don't need your food. "


Avro said succinctly staring through at me. It felt that someone had decided to stab me from behind. 


For the few days that have passed, somehow the relationship between us, as an unofficial– the complicated relationship as a  master and servant was strained. 


It was awkward and there's a friction since my outburst and Avro's somewhat creepy behavior.

10